Lauren's diary.

laurenmay

Gold Member
Well, I was here protesting how I was gonna start calorie counting and be thin again & saying how fed up I was of being fat etc etc about 2 months ago, maybe less.. but I went AWOL again & didn't put action into my words and carried on with my unhealthy ways. Luckily, I haven't gained any weight since then, so I'm still at 15.7 stone.

I've been battling with myself on what diet to do & what road to follow and getting really frustrated with it all at the same time - there's so many diets out there that it is difficult to decide what path is the best for me.

I did choose to follow slim & save again, as I wanted the quick fix and to be thin asap, so I ordered two weeks worth of products which will now go to waste.. I don't know who I was kidding when I thought I could follow a VLCD, I may sustain it for a few days but would never manage to keep it up full time. Plus there's the downside that - say a special occasion came up that involved alcohol or food, I wouldn't really be allowed to just have the night off & enjoy myself and get back to plan tomorrow as I would with calorie counting, as planned days off and treats aren't really easy to do or possible at all on a VLCD.. but with calorie counting I could either incorporate a treat into my alloted calories or just enjoy myself & eat less and exercise more the next day to burn off some of the damage.

So I guess long story short - I'm back to CC. I'm a bit confused as to how many calories I'll be consuming, it's all a big numbers game & I just need to find my own 'special' number, but I'm doing my best to figure that out.

I hope I can dig deep and find the willpower & drive I need this time to make it a lasting change, and see this 6 stone gone once and for all.

DAY ONE -- Just got up for work & weighed and it reads 15 stone 5.5lbs this morning, so I'll round that up to a starting weight of 15 stone 6.

I need to take my measurements later this evening too when I get a spare 5 minutes, just incase at some point I lose inches rather than pounds.

I'm starting Jillian Michaels 90 day body revolution today too, it's a 30 minute workout a day so that'll be easy to squeeze into a hectic day & it's meant to provide amazing results so fingers crossed it works for me! Won't be following the meal plan side of it though..

I'm sticking to 1300 calories a day and doing my best to stay below 100g carbs too, so today's food journal looks as follows..

B - 2 weetabix with 150ml skimmed milk & a coffee with 100ml skimmed milk : 222 cals

L - 250g pack of Bernard Matthews wafer thin ham and a low carb strawberry protein shake with 300ml unsweetened almond milk : 456 cals

D - 2 medium whole eggs, 2 medium egg whites, 100ml skimmed milk & 30g Kerry low low grated cheese scrambled, and a chocolate slim and save shake - 454 cals

S - mint chocolate muller light & Belgian options hot chocolate - 130 cals

Total - 1262 calories

Hi Lauren, welcome back and good luck with your fresh start. The Jillian Matthews DVD sounds great. Food journal looks good but maybe add some fruit and veg in for extra nutrition for v little extra calories? ie. maybe some berries with breakfast or a piece of fruit as a snack later in the day and you could have a salad or some cruditie at lunch with your ham and add some chopped veg into the omlette in the eve? Anyway- have a good day!

Hi Lauren, welcome back and good luck with your fresh start. The Jillian Matthews DVD sounds great. Food journal looks good but maybe add some fruit and veg in for extra nutrition for v little extra calories? ie. maybe some berries with breakfast or a piece of fruit as a snack later in the day and you could have a salad or some cruditie at lunch with your ham and add some chopped veg into the omlette in the eve? Anyway- have a good day!

Thanks :) I actually don't like fruit or veg, not for lack of trying cause I've forced myself to eat both before & tried lots of different types and methods of cooking veggies but yuck, I can't stomach any of it! So I take multivitamins just to help myself a little bit.

Had a really bad day, not food wise but having problems at home with the OH, so haven't eaten sod all today, just can't stomach anything :(

Well, had a bad day emotionally & had a lot on my mind so didn't feel like eating at all. I've had 933 calories today so at least I didn't binge and comfort eat - that's a plus! Day one done & dusted.

I'm in the same boat. I keep putting off and off starting. Toying with loads of different diets, never knowing which one to go for. But, its time for me to CC and exercise again. I've lost weight like it before - I can do it again!

I'm in the same boat. I keep putting off and off starting. Toying with loads of different diets, never knowing which one to go for. But, its time for me to CC and exercise again. I've lost weight like it before - I can do it again!

I was gonna start before xmas but now with family to see and christmas dinners to go to I've decided to put it off, again! & start on the 27th. I'm not celebrating New Year's Eve, never do, so I've got no excuse not to start as soon as the Christmas festivities are over.

Hi there I'm 15st 6 and cc as well good luck

I'm starting again also but not going too crazy over Christmas I don't see the point lol

Thanks :) we're both a similar starting weight then.. have you decided how many calories you're gonna have? I was gonna stick to the 'rule of thumb' and have 1200, but after reading lots of info online and on these boards I've decided to eat 20% less than my TDEE so I'll be consuming around 1900 a day and exercising, but not eating exercise cals back.

Hi, Lauren, welcome back! As you've probably realised by now, 'cos I've seen you mention it on another thread, 1200 is too low to start on, especially when you've got a lot to lose. I did have 10 stone to lose and started on 1800, and I'm still on 1400 after losing my first 7.5 stone. I didn't bother with any calculations, just decided on a figure and stuck to it. Have you spoken to your GP? They may be happy to prescribe Orlistat for you, which would give a helping hand.

All the best and Happy Christmas! xx

Hi Lauren! Welcome back,
I think you'll do well doing 1900, it won't be hard to stick to xx

Hello! Thank you, I'm probably gonna go for 1700 calories to begin with, that's my TDEE -30% which is okay for morbidly obese people, which I now am unfortunately xx

Hi, Lauren, welcome back! As you've probably realised by now, 'cos I've seen you mention it on another thread, 1200 is too low to start on, especially when you've got a lot to lose. I did have 10 stone to lose and started on 1800, and I'm still on 1400 after losing my first 7.5 stone. I didn't bother with any calculations, just decided on a figure and stuck to it. Have you spoken to your GP? They may be happy to prescribe Orlistat for you, which would give a helping hand.

All the best and Happy Christmas! xx

Yep, 1200 calories is hell & so are VLCD's, and what's worse is it doesn't matter how much hard work and dedication you put into it - if you can't sustain it forever, which I doubt many people can, then the weight comes back on twice as fast and it's really not worth it.

Happy christmas to you too :) xx

I think a higher calorie allowance is gunna work alot better for you, you can still eat plenty with that amount and have treats x

I think a higher calorie allowance is gunna work alot better for you, you can still eat plenty with that amount and have treats x

That's true, cause it was always when i felt deprived of treats that I'd give up and binge in the past. I'm gonna try 30% below my TDEE so that'll be 1700, and see how I get on. xx

DAY ONE

Hi everyone, now that Christmas is over with I've decided enough is enough & it's time to kick myself up the butt and get this weight off.

I weighed and took measurements this morning, so they are as follows:

Weight - 15st 6lbs

Arms - 13ins
Waist - 38ins
Belly - 45ins
Hips - 43ins
Thighs - 29ins
Calves - 17.5ins

Sticking to 1700 calories per day for now, which is 30% less than my TDEE, hopefully I'll get on well & praying for a decent loss in a weeks time!

Good luck hunny!! I don't like fruit and veg either - but its my NY resolution to try and incorporate it into my diet, I'm going to try to do something more different with them, maybe learn done soup recipes etc? X

Back