lean or extra lean mince

I always use extra lean mince as our cs said that you have to syn the lean mince and didnt want to take any chances

I always use lean mince instead of extra lean. I think if I started to have problems loosing I would look at where I was 'cheating' on SW... things like not using extra lean and see if it made a difference.

I noticed too that in the current issue of the SW magazine a few of the recipes list 'lean' lamb mine or pork mince and count it as free.

I've got a feeling (from somewhere) that you can't get extra lean lamb as it's too fatty to start with? I could well have just made this up in my head though x

you can get extra lean lamb mince, but usually from a good quality piece of lamb. It is the New Zealand stuff that tends to be more fatty.

Hmm, maybe from a butchers then? Have checked online at Waitrose, Sainsburys and Asda and none do extra lean lamb, only lean.

whilst i was losing weight i always bought extra lean but now i am at target i must confess to buying lean as you can get a lot more for your money.....i always drain it etc anyway.

Thanks for the replies, it's given me food for thought! lol. I'm thinking of trying the lean instead for a week and actually seeing if it makes any difference to my weight loss.

Just remember to look at the nutritional info and choose a lean one that as it nearer to 5% fat than 20%

Back