Left Overs

Stupot

We all have wonderful ideas for new meals from "left overs" Sometimes I make too much porridge, any sensible ideas, for something sweet perhaps rather than throwing it away? :break_diet:

I would stick in some muller light and have it as breakfast or a sweet treat. Or you could stir in some fruit and again, as a breakfast, or make a rice pudding type-thing with it. Also, mushing up bananas and putting them in is really yummy.
I love porridge for breakfast. It's really filling and gives you a good start to the day.

Other than pinging it for more porridge the next day I wouldn't know what to do with it!

I can eat porridge cold with a yoghurt stirred through it and cinnamon on top but tbh not many people like cold porridge.

I usually measure out my ounce of porridge though so I don't make too much as if you have left overs it either has to be synned or another B choice.

Sorry, not much help other than to say have it warmed up the next day.

It has 4.5 syns.....but if I have one I don't syn it.

If I have a sliced banana on 4 ryvita it's okay, if I mush it then it's synned - go figure....

Anyway, off topic, sorry. Yes 4.5 syns.

mushed up banana should be synned - but some Minimins agree to this rule, and others ignore it (i am one of the ignorant ones!)

I think because you could eat more actual bananas mushed up than you would when whole - like in a smoothie, then its classed as syns !

x

That's really weird, because can't you eat as many bananas as you want anyway, as they're superfree?
See, it's quite conflicting. I choose to ignore the smoothie ones as well, because it doesn't affect my losses, and I don't see how blending up a bit of fruit is different to if you just ate it all.

would you sit and eat a handful of strawberries, 3 or so bananas, blueberrys and other fruit in one sitting, cos thats kind of what goes in a smoothie, silly i know but if you change the consistancy of the food then its synned.

I could, yeah. Because these things are superfree, I eat them until I am full. I won't necessarily have a meal, and then have that much. But I can easily make a fruit salad for breakfast and have that much in. I suppose again, as always, it's down to what works for you and your losses.

God this is all soo confusing! I know that's why fresh OJ is synned...because they says it takes 10 (?) oranges to make a small glass and you wouldn't eat 10 in one go so that's why.

But I didn't know smoothies were synned! I would probably eat all that fruit in one go if it was for breakfast and it would be free so why oh why is it synned if it's blended?

I can see why some people give up! LOL

Never mind, I shall continue to mush the banana in my mouth :p

But I didn't know smoothies were synned! I would probably eat all that fruit in one go if it was for breakfast and it would be free so why oh why is it synned if it's blended?

I can see why some people give up! LOL

Never mind, I shall continue to mush the banana in my mouth :p

Your stomach would know if it had eaten all the fruit - all of it in a smoothie doesn't fill you up as much. It's about satisfaction.

See SW answer below
Q: Why aren't pureed/cooked/blended/juiced fruit Free?

A: When you juice, cook, puree/mash, stew or blend fruit, it makes it very easy to over-consume and is an effective way of adding a lot of extra energy in a non-filling form, which doesn’t satisfy your appetite in the same way as eating fresh whole/sliced fruit.

We count juiced, pureed and cooked fruit as Syns to protect members’ weight losses (see the Syns section in your Food Optimising book).

It's not a reason to give up - it's a reason to find different things to eat ;)

Maybe so but a smoothie would be a nice change as to be honest I am already a bit bored of eating all that fruit and with the cost of some of it it's almost unmanageable anyway.

I shall persevere!

It also changes the density of the food and thus your body doesnt process it in the same way and can affect your weightloss, it may seem silly but if we all started eating cooked fruits and smoothies we'd soon be complaining! x

Back