Leg cramps?

OneDeterminedChick

Oh my gosh, im back AGAIN
Hi all, just wanting to know if anyone else is suffering from leg cramps in the middle of the night. I used to get them now and again but i've had 2 in the last 2 nights and only on week 1 of CD/SS.​

oh my gosh, that happened to me 4 nights ago.
my leg was cramping at about 6am,
weird

Hiya,

Yes I get them, and have now worked out that i have either drank too much Sparkling Water (Different types have more sodium and the higher levels cause me to have killer calf cramp!)

Or I haven't drunk enough for a couple of days and am quite dehydrated.

I have to drink at least 4 litres a day to stop me getting cramp during the night!

Yeah you can get leg cramps by being dehydrated, My MIL always says you get cramps by not having enough salt in your diet, don't know bout this though as theres plenty salt in a healthy diet without adding more and she piles it on!

Im on day eight and have had it all week, hope it goes soon, im drinking 6 litres of water a day so it cant be dehydration for me.

the salt thing is true, when you are dehydrated you lose electrolytes such as sodium (salt) and a few others, doesnt mean you should put more salt on stuff though as CD has all the sodium you need, i reckon you are just a bit dehydrated.

I read a post bye the guru 'icemoose', a while ago, he said don't drink too much of your quota at night just before bed, as that can cause cramps? maybe if you use the searchbox and search minimins you'll find it?

Interesting...

One thing I have noticed is that I get 'restless legs' a lot. Has anyone ever had this? It's really weird. It's when you feel like you need to shake them out or something, even though the rest of you is all relaxed and sitting down or whatever. But even if you shake them out, it doesn't help..just makes them worse.

I've had it in the past..but since starting CD I've noticed it happening more often. I wonder if it's related to drinking water? Or maybe it's just my imagination lol.

ahhh yes i reemember i did do lots of cardio the night before. so maybe dehydration ???? mmmmmmm

I've been getting this as well! Not painful cramp, but kind of like my leg muscles have gone dead. I get it in the evening too just before bed.

I'm drinking about 4 litres a day which is a massive step up from what I was drinking before the diet (which was 3 cups of coffee a day and maybe a glass of squash with dinner), so wondering whether it may be my body adjusting to the much needed water I'm finally providing it?

Hi all. Thanks for your comments.
I spoke with my CDC tonight and said its lack of salt cos low salt in CD!
She recommended Tonic water, cos it has quinine(think thats how its spelt!!)
So need to get some but really don't like it!

Back