Lent starts today ! what are you giving up?

nicolas

Silver Member
well i plan to give up choclate and alchol :wave_cry:

and try and drink 2 ltrs of water a day:cool:

and stick to SW 100 % :rolleyes:

my kids are giving up takeaways so that will help :) (us all) :cool:

i m gonna give up buns!!!!

good luck everyone

I'm going away for my valentine treat in Oxford Friday til Sunday. Really posh hotel. So, I'm not giving up anything til after that!! Then I am gonna go 100%, and within calorie count until tenerife on Easter Monday!

Lynda

And I am gonna make sure I run at least 20k a week. If I don't lose weight then, then I know I am destined to be overweight forever!!!

Lynda

I am giving up chocolate, my DD2 suggested i gave up wine but i told her it has to be realistic !!!

I'm not giving up anything but am going to try to drink more water.

I'm getting there slowly...

I am giving up thinking I need to give things up in order to lose weight - this is Slimming World, people! If you can count it, you can have it!

: D

(But good luck to those who are doing Lent - it's a very noble gesture)

I am giving up thinking I need to give things up in order to lose weight - this is Slimming World, people! If you can count it, you can have it!

: D

(But good luck to those who are doing Lent - it's a very noble gesture)

I see it more as a challenge, I often eat biscuits and sweets because I have the syns left and to be honest, it's a lot of sugar that I don't think my body needs. I know it's within plan and I know I can have it but I don't think it's that good for me. I'm going to find new ways to use my syns - a bit of toast for supper for example instead of rubbish biscuits!

Good luck to all taking on the challenge.

we should have a lent challenge then :p

I'm going to give up chocolate! and drink more water! And I'm going to give up sitting on my bum and move more!

Nothing- don't see the point in making things more difficult. I do SW every day which is challenge enough for me- don't see the point in additionally taking away from myself something I enjoy and that keeps me going (synned of course!)- why add more pressure?

(but then I am an athiest, so am biased! lol)

Lol..some really funny replies here!

Im not giving anything up, but making more of an effort to drink more water.
I count my chocolate and crisps in my syns, why would I want to give it up?! Lol

Nothing- don't see the point in making things more difficult. I do SW every day which is challenge enough for me- don't see the point in additionally taking away from myself something I enjoy and that keeps me going (synned of course!)- why add more pressure?

(but then I am an athiest, so am biased! lol)

I'm with CP on this one xx

I only just read this thread, and hadn't realised that it was the first day today. BUT, I'm back after about a month 'off the wagon', and have a fridge full of healthy food.
I'm going to give up eating anything that I haven't written down! (Write it, then bite it!!)

bread. I gave it up 2 weeks ago today accidentally because we didn't have any in and when we bought it I couldn't remember how many syns were in it, so went without (before I thought about searching online). I had one piece of toast on the 3rd day of SW and I felt like I bloated up like a cartoon animal being injected with helium. Now I've been 2 weeks without and for someone who loves their bread so much I can't believe I'm not missing it. I feel so much less bloated and I'm going to give it up for Lent (partially to annoy someone else who is also giving it up for lent because I'll always be 2 weeks ahead than they are and they are super-competitive) muwhahahahahaha ;D

I'm giving up what I always give up at lent, meat. So it'll be veggie and fish dishes until easter :D

Back