Lent!!!!

I remember when I gave up choc and we went to the ice cream shop and I ordered a mint ice cream and when they passed it to me it had choc chips in arghhh I was gutted so gave it to my husband! Enjoy your gorgeous choc feast tomorrow.

Ow that would be awful! and thank you :) good luck with giving up chocolate too!

Ow that would be awful! and thank you :) good luck with giving up chocolate too!

Worst part was we didn't have any other money to buy another one with! I was in a right mood that day I tell ya - thx im going to buy a cream egg and a chomp for tomorrow Mmmm, saving my points as we type. We can egg (pardon the pun) each other on during lent and hopefully it will help in our weight loss aswell.

i am planning to try and give up fizzy drinks, take aways, pancakes and sweets and cakes and buscuits.

however i will still be having ready meals, frozen pizzas bought from tesco and curry from tesco and curry jars and bread and meat and tea and coffee[i can't cook] and tinned fruit

i really am cheating. i will have to include scones on the things to give up list

greedy me

i am am going to try it to try and punish myself and to try and give myself some self discipline. mainly i am doing it to try and get out of all my bad eating habits

Worst part was we didn't have any other money to buy another one with! I was in a right mood that day I tell ya - thx im going to buy a cream egg and a chomp for tomorrow Mmmm, saving my points as we type. We can egg (pardon the pun) each other on during lent and hopefully it will help in our weight loss aswell.

i can imagine i'd be a right moody cow. yes we can definitely help each other :)

i am planning to try and give up fizzy drinks, take aways, pancakes and sweets and cakes and buscuits.

however i will still be having ready meals, frozen pizzas bought from tesco and curry from tesco and curry jars and bread and meat and tea and coffee[i can't cook] and tinned fruit

i really am cheating. i will have to include scones on the things to give up list

greedy me

i am am going to try it to try and punish myself and to try and give myself some self discipline. mainly i am doing it to try and get out of all my bad eating habits

i am doing it for the same reasons, i really like the weight watchers frozen lasagnes and pepperoni pizzas, it is easier to buy them than try and make it from scratch and keep points low. don't be too hard on yourself and have a massive list to give up, i'm sure you'll do great, we're all in it together :) i was going to give up coffee but seeing as it's 0pp i think i'll be drinking even more to make up for the things i'm giving up

Mmm last day for choc for me, looking forward to sitting down later with a nice cream egg and i've decided to go for a bournville dark choc bar - oooeeer misses!

ooh sounds great enjoy it :) i've just been to aldi and bought one of their massive white chocolate bars, i won't even make a dent in it though and will end up giving most of it away :')

Iv never given any thing up for lent before but I am going to give up alcohol & takeaways up for lent this year!!! Not only will it b good for the waistline bur also my pocket :)

Im not giving up anything but im going to make my lunch to take to work evryday as i never do and always end up guessing the propoints in the food i have for lunch!

Decided to give up bread :) going good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Decided to give up bread :) going good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whooooo, I could never give up bread, well done you and good luck - my giving up choc is going very well but thats much easier than bread and it's early days but I will not cave in to the craving as the kids have also giving up chco - saying that I think you've got me thinking of maybe having bread free days / week sometimes as I know it's no good for me eventhough I do have wholemeal pizza and multi grain loafs - anyway good luck everyone.

SkinnieMinnie said:
Im not giving up anything but im going to make my lunch to take to work evryday as i never do and always end up guessing the propoints in the food i have for lunch!

That's the best idea because it's something you can stick with :)

Whooooo, I could never give up bread, well done you and good luck - my giving up choc is going very well but thats much easier than bread and it's early days but I will not cave in to the craving as the kids have also giving up chco - saying that I think you've got me thinking of maybe having bread free days / week sometimes as I know it's no good for me eventhough I do have wholemeal pizza and multi grain loafs - anyway good luck everyone.

See I could never give up chocolate! I think I would be climbing the walls haha!
But I was wondering, are tortilla wraps classed as bread? Im having fajitas tomorrow night and wondering if I can eat it or not, even so I might leave it out.

What are we day three of lent???? Last night I cooked burgers for the rest of the family and it was torture!!! I have always cooked separate things and it's never bothered me but as soon as I'm 'banned' from having something I suddenly crave it! Goes to show it's all in your head. Only 43 days to go!!!!!

What are we day three of lent???? Last night I cooked burgers for the rest of the family and it was torture!!! I have always cooked separate things and it's never bothered me but as soon as I'm 'banned' from having something I suddenly crave it! Goes to show it's all in your head. Only 43 days to go!!!!!

Jem take it from one who knows (been a veggie since I was 12) try the Quorn burger with red onions, they come in a pack of 2 in the fresh quorn section and they are the bees knees - they're also great for points as very very low and if you dry fry them and put them in a bun with bit of salsa (free) and a slice of l. f. cheese and bit of salad garnish - deeeeeeeelish. I don't bother with any other pretend taste like meat type burgers as these ones in my opinion are the best - Sainsburys have them on offer at the minute along with all the other ready meal Quorn products - hth. ALso the Sainsburys pretent hotdogs are spot on, in the freezer department, just boil for 2 minutes, pop into a bun and loads up loads of boiled free onions and bit of red sauce - Mmm.

I'm almost regretting giving up chocolate, bread and pasta, but I'm coping as I can still have potato cakes instead of toast because I don't really do cereal lolll. at Easter I'm going to have a tower of marmite on toast with kg of White chocolate :')

Well ive been giving something up each month so far in 2011; as you can see in Sig! been doing well, but lent = no potato products :) and ive given up chocolate bars and crisps also till around may time :)

Had not touched any meat since the start of lent!! This morning my husband treats me to a lovely sausage and egg mcmuffin which i devoured and it wasn't till three hours later I realised I'd eaten meat! Sooooo cross with myself!!!! If I'd have thought about it I would have just taken the sausage out but it didn't even cross my mind! Oh well can't change it now but won't make the mistake again

Had not touched any meat since the start of lent!! This morning my husband treats me to a lovely sausage and egg mcmuffin which i devoured and it wasn't till three hours later I realised I'd eaten meat! Sooooo cross with myself!!!! If I'd have thought about it I would have just taken the sausage out but it didn't even cross my mind! Oh well can't change it now but won't make the mistake again

Oh well at least it wasn't intentional haha, i'm soooo close to eating to chocolate, especially now it's my time of le monthh

Back