Les Miserables

Loved watching it in London at the theatre and can't wait to watch it next Saturday for hubby's birthday at the Imax (not sure about the price though, seems very expensive at the cinema!)

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!!!!! I was wondering why the Bishop looked so familiar!

You mean you didn't recognise his voice?? Lol x it was such a nod to how great colm is, that they wanted him in the movie! There is a fab featurette on you tube about it, and the significance of Colm handing the candlesticks over to Hugh Jackman-bit like passing the baton of the role of JVJ :)

I've just got back from seeing this, hate to say it but I was left slightly underwhelmed. I think mainly because it was hyped up so much, it was a good film but I think the reviews left me expecting more! I was also disappointed that I didn't cry (enjoy a good cry at a film!) but I could hear people sobbing around me, which I don't think I've experienced before!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Sad to say I agree, I enjoyed it very much, however I was expecting to be blown away and I wasn't.

I thought HBC & SBC were great, although agree about the duff notes and ever changing accents!

I thought Hugh Jackman's voice was very poor (and I'm a huge Hugh fan).

Having not seen the stage show I thought Russell did an okay job.

On the whole the ladies won the best voices award, Anne Hathaway, wow!

I'm a huge fan of Les Mis and although I am 250 miles from London I have managed to see the show four times over the years. One time the Master of the House was played by Peter Polycarpiou (spelling?) who was Sharon's Greek husband in Birds of a Feather. He was absolutely brilliant. Thought the film was very good but I was disappointed that there was no crying or applause at the end. From the comments as people were leaving they had all enjoyed it. Think maybe everyone was waiting for someone else to clap and then would have joined in. Agree that Russell Crowe is no singer but thought Anne Hathaway was superb. Hugh Jackman is truly gorgeous, there is nothing more to say.

I just loved Les Mis. Loved it. I've seen the stage show on broadway but think I actually enjoyed the film more! They changed around the sequencing of a few songs, most noticeably 'I dreamed a dream' and I think it worked so much better. Loved the ensemble pieces like one day more. And I'm not ashamed to say I cried like a fool for most of it. Actually had a face ache coming out. Even my boyfriend got a bit teary. Can't wait to see it again!

Back