Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Lesson 2 - Not eating when evening tiredness kicks in

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by bananas-on-toast, 14 August 2010 Social URL.

1. bananas-on-toast

bananas-on-toast Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    One of my old habits used to be that when I got tired at about 8pm, I would go and get something to eat to give me more energy. Reshuffling my thinking has lead me to conclude, it's evening, I'll be going to bed shortly, so I don't need that energy! I usually have trouble sleeping, and maybe that's why!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I'm exactly the same. I have/had a terrible habit of eating again (sometimes a full meal!) after my dinner, or alternatively snacking on toast or whatever is in the fridge. I have resolved to decide what the final thing I eat that night will be and stick to it - it's working so far.

4. hollycat

hollycat To infinity and beyond!

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(32.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I am the opposite I always save some calories for bedtime. I tend to take a curly wurly to bed (115 calories). I find it keeps me on track, as a chocoholic I find it helps if I know a chocolate fix is coming at the end of the day :)

5. Lozzy Gozzy

Lozzy Gozzy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting <3
    Snap!

I'll happily go all day without eating because I like to eat a lot at night, I like this saying ...

'Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper'

Quite fitting really :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.