Let’s share tricks and tips!

LittleWoman

Hi fellow dieters,

I’m on day 11 of Cambridge with lots to loose. I don’t know my weight as I asked my consultant to not tell me. I’ve done this diet a couple of times before, but never properly. I cheated lots and never got the full benefits. This is the first time I’ve committed to it properly.

Although I don’t know my exact weight, I’d take a guess I started at around 17st. I want to get down to 8st7lb which is quite ambitious I know!

I’d love to hear other people’s tips that helped them get through the diet, and a bit of support is always welcome! I’m helping myself this time by not obsessing over the numbers, rewarding my successes by things that aren’t food related, using crystals etc

I’ve also noticed I’m way stronger in the mornings that the afternoon and evenings, so I’ve started having a shake at 1pm, a soup at 5:30pm and a bar at 8pm.

Please share how you manage it all!

I know what you mean about know knowing - in case you do or need to, I found an alternative - Kilos.

If I knew what I was in St and Lb I'd be horrified and depressed. (I vaguely know, but not really.) I know what weights I was, roughly or actually, at various parts of my life, in Imperial. However as I'm doing a plan without a group or consultant I need an objective measure of weekly progress, so I use the French pounds instead. I have no emotional attachment to any of those numbers, and while I could quite easily do the conversion to find out, it means I have to actively take that step, which I have managed not to do. As I don't really want to find out either.

So, if you need to, that's another way round it ;)

Otherwise, distraction and early nights, until you stop feeling so hungry. :)

Hi LittleWoman
I am a newbie to this forum and like you, returning to the CWP after a couple of 'attempts'. I'd asked my consultant not to tell me my weight but at my first weigh in (where I lost 10lb), he said '203, so a 10lb loss!' so I now know I started at 213lb.
It was my second week this week just gone and after having lost 10lb the first week, I was gutted to only have lost 2lbs!
Although I have an office job, I can end up in back to back meetings which means I sometimes don't have my first shake of the day until 2pm and get headaches / irritable etc.
This week I plan to push myself to have my shakes at regular intervals (7am, 1pm and 7pm) and really go hard on the water intake.
It would be great to connect with other CWP dieters and share how we get on each week! A family member of mine has done the diet before so I can talk to her but other than that, my colleagues and friends think its 'weird'.
All the best for this week coming!
Rose

Welcome Rose :classic_smile:

Well done on losing 10lbs the first week...as you know some of that was water weight as well...I would not be disappointed with 2lbs off this week as that is very good after the first week losing 10lbs...just think, if you lose 2lbs next week you will have your first stone off! What other diet gives you those results?

It takes about six weeks for your body to settle into deep ketosis and you will probably find that your weight loss will fluctuate but will average out about 3lbs a week over time...I have found that men lose slightly more as well as women over 5ft 8in.

Having your shakes at regular intervals will help...the recommended water consumption is 4 pints/2.25litres...drinking too much water can dilute your electrolytes and you might feel dizzy.

Good luck with CD

Hi LittleWoman
I am a newbie to this forum and like you, returning to the CWP after a couple of 'attempts'. I'd asked my consultant not to tell me my weight but at my first weigh in (where I lost 10lb), he said '203, so a 10lb loss!' so I now know I started at 213lb.
It was my second week this week just gone and after having lost 10lb the first week, I was gutted to only have lost 2lbs!
Although I have an office job, I can end up in back to back meetings which means I sometimes don't have my first shake of the day until 2pm and get headaches / irritable etc.
This week I plan to push myself to have my shakes at regular intervals (7am, 1pm and 7pm) and really go hard on the water intake.
It would be great to connect with other CWP dieters and share how we get on each week! A family member of mine has done the diet before so I can talk to her but other than that, my colleagues and friends think its 'weird'.
All the best for this week coming!
Rose

Have a look at my signature - Despite measuring in French pounds and using other brands, I had a similar result and an identical week 2... ;)

It's pretty normal after a magnificent week one :) I too have no one proper to talk to, which is why I witter-on here :)

Hi everyone, how are you getting on this week? My consultant has just left - a 4lbs loss this week so totalling 16lbs off over the past three weeks. Can't complain at that!

Hi everyone, how are you getting on this week? My consultant has just left - a 4lbs loss this week so totalling 16lbs off over the past three weeks. Can't complain at that!
Hi Rose3335!
That’s a great loss! And well done for sticking at it! I’ve lost 18lbs in the last 3 weeks of starting, which is brilliant but what I find most brilliant is that I’ve actually stuck at it for a full 3 weeks! Now into week 4 and going to move up to step 2 after that. The first two weeks were really hard, but I’m finally settling into it now. I rarely feel hungry, though still get the urge to snack just because that’s what I’ve always done :rolleyes:

Hey Jellybuns25 - well done indeed! So pleased for you and as you say, the feeling of accomplishment is amplified when you usually struggle with snacking etc. I'm the same! Wishing you all the best for the week ahead... keep the updates coming :)

Hey - are we all keeping on track still?!

hi i have also started the cambridge diet first timer, it’s my second day and i wasn’t hungry yesterday but today i have a headache and all of this coronavirus means we are all working from home so i have no chance to walk around the office
my weigh in will be next tuesday hopefully if the clinic is open
any tips on how to drink more water?

Back