Let's get rid of this fat!

Hi Everyone,

So I've been on every dieting known to man and sick of been fat ! I have been trying to diet for a while now.
I got a kick up the butt Recently when I heard people talking/laughing about my diet and not believing that ive lost weight recently (which I have).
Was so peed off as thought we all got on great and shocked to find their laughing about me behind my back !
Think I'll stick to not mentioning diets to them again !

So it's time to stop messing about and prove that I can do this !

I'm starting tomorrow and aiming for 1200 or less calories.

I'm going to dust of my 30 Day Shred DVD and try to do that atleast 4 times a week.

Shall be back tomorrow with my food diary.

Hi - welcome to Calorie Counting Diaries.
I got my kick up the butt a few years ago when my Doctor told me to my face, in no uncertain terms, that I was too fat to stand on a recently healed broken leg and if I did not do something about it it would hurt for ever. If she had not said that I would still be fat so take some heart from it and maybe this will be the start of a good weight loss.
Don't start off at 1200 it is too low - go to 1500 and when the weight begins to move you will have some leeway to drop it down.
See you tomorrow.

Hi - welcome to Calorie Counting Diaries.
I got my kick up the butt a few years ago when my Doctor told me to my face, in no uncertain terms, that I was too fat to stand on a recently healed broken leg and if I did not do something about it it would hurt for ever. If she had not said that I would still be fat so take some heart from it and maybe this will be the start of a good weight loss.
Don't start off at 1200 it is too low - go to 1500 and when the weight begins to move you will have some leeway to drop it down.
See you tomorrow.

Hey Systema,

I am glad in a way as hopefully this will sort me out, just not happy to have to work with these people !
But hey ho onwards and upwards !
I always get confused re calories, so many mix signals out there such as you won't lose weight unless you cut right down or you won't lose weight if you don't eat enough etc.
Right now I feel like doing a vlcd for rapid weight loss but imagine that won't be achievable for more than a week !

No that is why I started at 1500 then you don't feel too deprived of food. Maybe do it for a week then up it. At Rosemary Conley class they do 1200 for the first 2 weeks then up it to 1400 and stay there for a while then drop it back down to 1200 when the weight begins to drop off.
Do you have much weight to lose?

No that is why I started at 1500 then you don't feel too deprived of food. Maybe do it for a week then up it. At Rosemary Conley class they do 1200 for the first 2 weeks then up it to 1400 and stay there for a while then drop it back down to 1200 when the weight begins to drop off.
Do you have much weight to lose?

I weigh 15st 1 and would like to get down to 9/10 stone ideally. I wrote my calories for tomorrow and struggling to get it above 1100!

Monday 22nd Feb
Weight --15st 1 1/4lbs
*Im a serial daily weigher

B - 25g oats, 100g FF Nat Yog, 5g Pumpkin Seeds, 30g Raspberrys, Cinnamon --------185 Calories

L - Tuna Mayo Salad ----259 Calories

T - Seabass, Quinoa & Roasted Veg with 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil -------472 Calories

Snacks
6 Almonds ----42 Calories
Pickled Gherkins ----17 Calories
Dairylea Dunker ----123 Calories
Cup of tea ----30 Calories

Total Calories -1129

At home today so need to get my 30 Day Shred DVD out but currently don't have the energy !!

I work Wednesday to Saturday's so I'm going to try to keep Monday's and Tuesdays to under 1000 calories and the other days under 1330 (My MFP daily allowance). It's my version of 5:2 (no way I could do 500 calories twice a week !)

Last edited:
Maybe up the amount of oats and fruit for breakfast. Use a fully fat yogurt as they are usually less sugar (check the label) I have stopped buying low fat stuff and like you add Olive Oil to salads. Have a morning and afternoon snack (not chocolate :eek: ) but some nuts or oat cakes and a small portion of cheese.

I am also a serial daily weigher but don't have scales for a few weeks - only have a tape measure and a pair of shorts which fit me in September but are tight now so will be trying them on every Monday. :)

Maybe up the amount of oats and fruit for breakfast. Use a fully fat yogurt as they are usually less sugar (check the label) I have stopped buying low fat stuff and like you add Olive Oil to salads. Have a morning and afternoon snack (not chocolate :eek: ) but some nuts or oat cakes and a small portion of cheese.

I am also a serial daily weigher but don't have scales for a few weeks - only have a tape measure and a pair of shorts which fit me in September but are tight now so will be trying them on every Monday. :)

Well I finished the day on 1129 calories (Iv updated my food diary above) and not really felt hungry to be honest.
I'm going to measure myself tomorrow so I can start tracking inches.
How much have you got to lose ?

Tomorrow will probably be same breakfast, left overs salmon & quinoa for lunch then possibly chicken and veg for tea

I have gained a stone in about 12 weeks - took my eye off the ball, had 3 all inclusive Christmas type breaks end of Nov and Dec (we are retired) then went to Spain for Christmas until 12th Feb and although I go to the gym there did more eating and drink than usual and was shocked when I got on the scales when we got home. I knew really what was happening as my gym clothes were tighter but never imagined it was so much, thought maybe 6lbs and will soon get rid of that but a stone really needs more effort than cutting back.
We are now in Asia so will be able to fit in more walking as the weather is slightly better than the UK. :)

Tuesday

B - Nothing

L - Same as last nights tea -----472 Calories

T - Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Broccolli, Cauliflower --------354 Calories

S- 2 mini meringues -------30 Calories

Total Calories s so far ----856

Last edited:
I have gained a stone in about 12 weeks - took my eye off the ball, had 3 all inclusive Christmas type breaks end of Nov and Dec (we are retired) then went to Spain for Christmas until 12th Feb and although I go to the gym there did more eating and drink than usual and was shocked when I got on the scales when we got home. I knew really what was happening as my gym clothes were tighter but never imagined it was so much, thought maybe 6lbs and will soon get rid of that but a stone really needs more effort than cutting back.
We are now in Asia so will be able to fit in more walking as the weather is slightly better than the UK. :)

I gained just over two stone in the last year, was so mad at myself !
Wish I was in Asia right now ! Weathers awful here !
I'm got a holiday coming up on 3 months so really hoping to get rid of some belly fat

Just had a slice of bday cake and it was 350 calories eeeeeek!!
Good job I've only had 800 so far (before the cake) .
Can't believe a tiny portion was that many calories !

We went to the bakery today and I stood outside - the shop if full of cakes, pastries, pizza etc and I didn't want to see any of it - it all looks so good. OH went in for his bread and I suspect he had a quick small custard tart whilst he was in there - the shop is so busy and quite a big one so I could not see him. He is ok eating that stuff now and again as he is very slim and does not need to lose any weight.

Hi,
I've just come back to MiniMins, I was last here about 2011! I have been doing Rosemary Conley on-line since the end of October 2015 and have been fairly successful. I am now nearly at the weight which is normal for my height but I want to be at least 4lbs less to allow for ups and downs. I work on an average of 1365 calories a day. I am going on holiday at the beginning of April and expect to put some of it back on which I am prepared for, hence my long term aim to be a steady maintenance weight by October 2016.

I used the site all the time as I started off at her classes then she went bankrupt and a Company took it over still using her name and I have not looked at it since it restarted - will go and have a look.

Edit - just been to look at RC web site and even using my old log in details not able to look at it - big company take over no doubt just in it for the money. It used to be brilliant with lots of meal videos with Dean and Rosemary had lots of exercise ones there - good job I downloaded them.:)

Last edited:
Back