Let's try this again shall we?

I went really anti Cambridge last year after I joined a low self-esteem therapy group and I began to believe that I was setting myself an unachievable goal. To be honest I feel like I could do it on my own and Jo is off to NY for a week today so am gonna try again on my own till she's back. Saying that it's a mates birthday tomorrow so might start again Friday. I do really want to crack it though! 4 weeks and then AAM then another 4 etc I think I can do! I have done 5 weeks solid before.

Hey Pete,

Start ASAP - you can do it seriously and you may feel so much stronger to get a week under your belt before Jo comes back. Regarding your friends birthday, sorry but stop making excuses, there will always be a birthday, BBQ. For instance, this month, have my nephews christening, my annual local drinking day for a festival, my cousins 21st etc - but im not breaking it for any of these, my goal is to be slim and regain my life not hide away anymore - my presence at these events will be good enough.

Thats great Pete - you will prob find that once you get a week under your belt you will be less succumbing to take aways as when ye are both together. Just having read some of your mails - if ye seem to sabatage each other, would it be worth a shot than one does it at a time so that you then just have to remain strong for yourself - just a thought is all....

hi pete , how much have you got to lose ?
just get over each day 100% as long as your100% you'll be happy to go to bed thinking i made it again , and again .

Thanks for the support folks. I'd love to go it alone as I think it would work better but it's not fair for one of us to go first and lose all the weight, leaving the other person feeling fat & left behind.

But in saying that Pete it may spur the other on to pick up the diet 100% ?
As they will think hold on i'm getting left behind here i better do something and fast .
Hows it been ? are you on 4 packs a day ?
How much is that a week ?

Hey Pete,

How did you get on yesterday did you manage to get day 1 under your belt - hopefully you did and are successfuly on day two. Looking forward to update...

Hi all. Just a quick post to update you all that after failing dismally at 3rd or 4th attempt in April this year I'm having another crack and I'm doing it alone (no OH). Good Lord it's so much easier. I'm 4 weeks solid SS and weighing in tomorrow. Hoping for 6 pounds to make 2 stone in 4 weeks. I've reached the point though that I really feel like I need a night off but not sure if I can be disciplined enough to get back on track Sunday. I know what I should do and would like to try and beat my personal record of 5 weeks SS no cheating but not sure.

WB Pete .
Yes demons talking to you, hope you tell them to bog off lol
so your wife not doing it now ?
I'm glad you have picked it back up .... after all with xmas comeing up too ,m most people gain more but you will be losing weight .Roll on week 5 for you , keep us posted

Well done on getting back on to it you can do it and we will all suport you :)
Let us know how you get on. I have my weigh in today so fingers crossed :)

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs
Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!

10/10/11- WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
17/10/11 - Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
24/10/11 - Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
31/10/11 - Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
07/11/11 - Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
14/11/11 – WK 6 – Lost ?????
Current Weight 15st 7lbs
Total Loss so far 2st 2lbs and NO cheating :)

Back