life as a successful thin person!

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
Up to now I've been keeping an adhoc blog on blogger.com, but I haven't been updating it all that regularly and it's a bit of a faff with the pages not working at times. When I've reflected, I've done much better when I've got my thoughts and actions down (it's probably that confessional thing) so I thought it time to start a diary on here too. I'm back on board after considering a summer break for toning, but after going on holiday and eating carbs, I don't want to stop now. I've decided to keep on going and have a few more calories to compensate for some exercise too, and tone whilst continuing to lose. I gained 9lb in total from coming out of ketosis and going on holiday, so have that to lose as well as setting myself some challenging goals to keep the focus. It's time to get this job done, stop messing about and get sorted. I've cut the carbs since my return on Wednesday, with official weigh in day still being Thursday. Got hideous p pains today so task one is to just get through today, and probably tomorrow too and then cut back the cals to get to 4 packs. I'm planning an inventory of current stock levels (lol) this afternoon, and will place an order for bars and cheesy pasta later.

So here we go... mission one: 23lb off by 31st May :)

Well despite not planning to drop my cals just yet, I did do yesterday as I've come down with some hideous bug. Got a temp of 38.5 and ache like everywhere. On top of p pain it's entirely wonderful and one of the perils of being stuck in a big metal tin with recirculated air for four and a half hours. Note to self - next flight, stick Vaseline up nose to catch the blighters on the way in.

Consequently, after my egg and sausage breakfast I managed 2 shakes and a piece of cheese. Silver linings and all that but I fell dreadful. Next dilemma - it's half 4 in the morning, I've been awake roughly every hour and are clearly not well - do I go into work and show fighting spirit where I'll likely infect everyone else, or do I have a sick day? Urgh, I hate poorly sick!!

Pah! Virus be gone, you are scuppering my best east efforts! I know I shouldn't but I do and it works great most of the time, but several days of low carbing and watching the numbers drop on the scales each day only to find a sts after the first day of vlc doesn't make one feel great when she is otherwise feeling pants. Even when rational head can say its cause I couldn't actually get down enough fluid to compensate for my v high temperature, it would still have been nice to see another drop as a bit of a lift.

No work again today. Temp is reducing but is still way up there, my head feels like its chocca full with swirling liquid. I think the virus may be in my ears as my balance is poor, can't stand up without leaning on something. I'll make it my mission to have sips of water all day long, see if I can get some more volume in today. Urgh, hate hate hate poorly sick! I've got a diet plan to be getting on with!

I shall have to type fast this morning as I've a ton of things to get done before work - yes, the energy has kicked in, which is nothing short of a good thing given I've lost the entire week to the daft bug I picked up. Yesterday I felt normal again but with a squiffy head and still couldn't do anything without wanting to fall over, so very pleased to have had a decent nights sleep and wake feeling normal. Still, got a weeks worth of housework to catch up on now. First weeks loss, very impressive under the circumstances - 9lb. Consider the bug, the total lack of activity with the buggy thing, and TOTM and I'm very happy. Oh, and I didn't go low cal til Monday either. So, room for improvement and still got off what I'd put on from coming out of ketosis and attempting to drown myself in Efes on holiday. That leaves me a nice round 3.5lb a week to shift for the next 4 weeks before next holiday - I'll have done my holiday challenge target then. I fully intend to pick up the exercise now my head feels better, the bike will be out next week, 5 miles a day of cycling to and from work, daily moisturising and vibroplate, so fingers crossed for improved toning too.

Starting the day with a big glass of ribena plus instead of coffee, today is a day to actively increase that water intake, I've slipped into the habit of not enough of the plain stuff and my skin is starting to feel it. Other than that I think it's a shake and bar day with a chicken salad tonight :)

Heya, hope youre feeling better!
Seen you around the forums lots and reading about you getting back into it again is inspiring!
I waver quite a bit, Im kind of on track atm but having this weekend somewhat 'off' so nice to see people pushing on, I will be joining come Tuesday!

Aw thanks, feeling much better now. Really struggling to see any losses this week though, not struggling with packs or hunger or anything like that, but nothing is shifting. Should probably take my own advice and just wait it out! There is no way I can be at my bottom weight, I'm still obese, so there must be more I can shift. I would like to do another 2 stone but I'm not sure how realistic that is, so I think what I really need to do is to change my head away from weight and just use the scales as a keeping on track measure - if I can hit an "overweight" bmi then I think this might be easier. It doesn't sit very comfortably still being obese and getting my head to understand that it's ok to stop now. Obviously just a guess, but I reckon I've probably got in the region of a stone of excess skin, really need to work on tightening this up (power walked into work today, tomorrow will be the bike) - moisturising every day. I think I would be happier to be this weight if I was more toned.

I also really need to have a push on my water intake too, with the moisturising I think it'll be key to getting the elasticity improvement in my skin - bought some new "holding in knickers" yesterday in the right size, they certainly do the job, but I'll need a full body holding in garment for all this extra skin not to come out somewhere! As my chest hasn't really shrunk, I can't add anymore to that part! Think maybe I just need to embrace my wobbly bits and get on with being thinner. My OH said this morning that he was impressed with the holding in vest I was wearing. I was wearing a regular Next vest top, so that did make me smile - I did tell him that I wasn't and I was actually that thin hahahaha.

24 days til holiday. This is day one of drinking a litre of water before lunchtime and enjoying a shake. I'll do another day one tomorrow, and the day after too til we go :)

Ive been in a similar place, I was wearing size 12s (even a couple of 10s!) my bmi was 28 -I think, deffo still overweight, but people didnt think I was when they saw me, I think it was just little bits and bobs that were still to go, my fat is evenly spread like a well buttered slice of bread!
So perhaps the last bit of weight wont look massively different, so maybe you can tell yourself that you do want that last bit just to ensure you're in the healthy zone.
Its what I will have to tell myself because I know once im back at that kind of weight ill start to think 'ah this will do' but its a bit dangerously close to me being bigger than I like.

Back