Life on Mars

canireallydothis!!

Gold Member
Wow, i loved this so much, Im gutted now its gone but loved the ending, anyone else a fan?? Sam Tylers a bit nice too!:D

OOOO Sam Tyler is a dish.......cor he can come to visit me any day.
The end was cool what a twist. Gutted its finished though.

Oh yes I loved it too!:D Must admit to having a bit of a thing for John Simm (he looks small and cute!) and I know I'm gonna regret this but I think Phillip Glenister is fanciable too mainly because he made me laugh so much with all those non-pc one liners!:D

I'm getting the dvds as soon as I can, series 1 is selling like hotcakes in Asda so I'll have to get it quick:D

Are you both looking forward to the rumoured Gene Hunt series Ashes to Ashes?

Thanks Kitty, I can't wait for Ashes to Ashes now!!:D

Oh me either! I absolutely LOVED Life on Mars. I'd just left school in 1973 and it brought back so many memories especially the amazing soundtrack and the fashions (oh god, the fashions!! :doh: )

I thought John Simms was incredible - but, for me, Philip Glennister's Gene Hunt character stole the show totally ("It's lunchtime and I'm 'avin' oops!" :cool: )

No doubt I'll get the DVD and hubby and I will continue to argue incessantly about what really happened in the final episode :D

I never watched it, but a couple of people told me that I would love it:confused:

Wish I had watched it now:sigh:

What did happen? I only saw the programme occasionally but I'm curious!!

I'll try and cut it short.......

Sam was really in a coma, came out of it and seemed to recover physically but not really mentally.

He returned to work but wasn't really interested and during a meeting he realised that he didn't want to be there. He finished up on the roof of headquarters having these sort of flashbacks of '73. Then he started running and went over the edge!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

We then see him back in the train tunnel and hear the voices of the medics saying he'd died in 2007. He's back in 1973 and manages to rescue Gene and co and also finally gets together with Polly.:D

I know I've missed a few details out, but I'm so gutted that it's finished! BOOHOO!:cry: :cry: :cry:

It's on at 9:00 tonight. BBC4. Would that be the episode you missed MissPiggy?

I do have to say that it was the best drama I have seen in ages, The one liners from Gene made classic viewing, thats if you could see through all the ciggie smoke!!!

I watched every single one, and will be getting the DVD sets too.

Hope ashes to ashes is a good, will miss Sam Tyler, but at least Gene is there!

I loved the ending, so glad they snogged!

It was such a good idea telling us how good this was now it's finished Vicky :D

It was such a good idea telling us how good this was now it's finished Vicky :D

Thats why they created DVD box sets!!!!!!!!! And also BBC 4, its bound to be repeated!!!

hi
I loved this series too! None in my house liked it but I loved it. I suppose you had to be ther . (In 1973 that is !) I was 14 at the time and it really was like that wasnt it, loved all the references to stuff I remembered and the fashions and hair styles OMG !
Gene Hunt , seventies male personified !My 25 year daughter just dosent believe that women really were treated like second class citizens like this in my youth.
Dindt really get the end though I have got to say. Can anybody elaborate for my poor VCLD confused brain?
Carole xxx

Carole,

You're not the only one who got confused at the ending hun:D

Basically, Sam decided he didn't want to be back in 2007 and realising that he'd get back to '73 in a coma, he jumped from the top of the police headquarters building :eek:

We heard the voices of 2007's docs saying that he'd 'gone' meaning he'd died and then he was back in the tunnel in 1973.

I was only 10 at the time so don't remember it being so sexist etc, but I do remember the music and even at such a young age I loved all those songs - still do much to the amusement of my kids! haha!:rolleyes: :D

Thanks Mrs Depp, (Love your Photo , very kind of you to share your OH with us, LOL, we wish eh? I'd be down that M62 quicker than a flash!)
So if hejumps off the building wasnt he risking not being in a coma but just dead?
Do you know what I thought? This is crazy but what if he was actaully in a coma in 1973, and the future 2007 was the dream coma bit? In the opening sequence just look at the car that hits him , I swear it has not got a modern no plate or shape, and Nelson the barman said to him when he asks him what is real , 'you know its real because it hurts ,you can feel '. He feels it when cartwright lamps him one but felt nothing when he stabs the pen in his hand in the 2007 boardroom. So 2007 wasnt real! 1973 was! Now then what about that?
Answers on a postcard please.
X Carole

Thanks Mrs Depp, (Love your Photo , very kind of you to share your OH with us, LOL, we wish eh? I'd be down that M62 quicker than a flash!)

Hiya Carole,

So if hejumps off the building wasnt he risking not being in a coma but just dead?

I think that was a chance he was willing to take but he truly believed that he'd get back there.

Do you know what I thought? This is crazy but what if he was actaully in a coma in 1973, and the future 2007 was the dream coma bit?

He does actually say the accident happens in 2007. Also how would he know all about everything that happens after '73 if he hadn't experienced or been told about them?

In the opening sequence just look at the car that hits him , I swear it has not got a modern no plate or shape, and Nelson the barman said to him when he asks him what is real , 'you know its real because it hurts ,you can feel '. He feels it when cartwright lamps him one but felt nothing when he stabs the pen in his hand in the 2007 boardroom.

It turned out that 2007 didn't seem real to him after he'd recovered from the coma. He couldn't cope with 2007 because, I suppose, he'd got used to the simplicity of '73.

So 2007 wasnt real! 1973 was! Now then what about that?
Answers on a postcard please.
X Carole

When he accidentally stabbed himself with the pen he realised that '07 wasn't the reality he wanted anymore.

I'm still gutted about there not being another series with Sam in it, but I did read in the paper that they definitely let him die at the end.:tear_drop: :(

Yeah he does look a lot like Windy!:D Maybe that's why they did that Trumpton style dream a couple of weeks ago lol.

I think they wanted to 'end on a high' as the saying goes that's why they killed him off.:(

Ketosis brain? Yeah I've had that - don't know what's worse though, feeling cold all the time or having a fuzzy head! :rolleyes:

Back