-- Lighter Life Alternatives --

aboyton

I would like to discuss alternatives to LL - or in other words.... If LL was to be reinvented, would a VLCD free diet work? i.e. 15 week course offering just counselling, support, education and awareness...?

Yes... are there any such options.... is there any other organisations similar to LL that just offer counselling, support, education and awareness...?

The packs give the nutrition and calories to keep the body going. The counselling helps you to understand how you "use" food.

Most people who diet end up putting the weight back on - because they never get to the bottom of the emotional and mental issues they have with food.......
So long term the counselling is VERY important.

So what happens in the counselling that is different from speaking to a friend? I would like to understand how you think the counselling helps.

oooh - yes - as a lifelong dieter, I finally understand myself!
LL uses CBT [cognitive behavioural therapy] and brings a self awareness that I have never experienced before...............For me the counselling has kept me slim for 2 1/2 years!
I have never before been slim in my adult life for more than 6 months!!!

lol - I hear ya.

I always find posts like that with no introduction, just an immediate dive into personal questions,etc., though these are more general, but still...I find them a bit suspect or the build up to a wind up.....but that is only because of an ex-member that used to frequent here to try and upset people...... ;)

Joining the cynics corner here - sounds either like a journalist, a researcher or someone who is looking at looking at developing a program. Bets?

I'll put all my savings in for the last one :D

Back