Like to join in my pedometer challenge?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by kevandju5, 3 October 2010 Social URL.

1. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Anyone else wear a pedometer? I bought one this week and have worn it for the first time today. It is 5pm and I've walked 4600 steps and I've been really trying hard!!!!!

Bearing in mind it's meant to be good for weight-loss if you do 10,000, I don't feel I'm doing particularly well!

To boost my steps this afternoon, whilst simultaneously baking a SW cake, I have been marching on the spot in time to the radio for about an hour!

Well, I'm going to try to match today's final count for the rest of this week, and if that is successful, increase that daily number by 500 steps next week.

Anyone care to join me in my pedometer challenge?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would love to but don't have one. I will look out for one this week and then let you know.

My sister is coming over next week and I know she will bring one from the U.K. for me if I don't find one but yes I will do it with you.

4. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the challenge, Sue. I must say it's very motivating wearing a pedometer. I've already smashed yesterday's number and it's only lunch-time!

Anyone else care to join us?

5. Mixedspice69

Mixedspice69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'd like to join. I wear a pedometer all the time. I've clocked up 3287 steps so far today - hoping to get up to at least 8000 by midnight (that's when the pedometer resets itself).

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, that is a lot !!!

7. Mixedspice69

Mixedspice69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I surpassed yesterday and managed 8206 steps.

Aiming for 8500 today.

8. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Go for it, Mixed Spice! I managed to clock up just over 10,000 yesterday. And this evening I've just got back from a long walk and I've reached over 11,000! I've totally exceeded any goals that I set myself, but it's all good!

9. Mixedspice69

Mixedspice69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I managed to clock-up 10,043 steps yesterday. Loving this challenge.
    I was dancing whilst cooking dinner last night and I also went to Morrisons - this helped to increase my steps.

My weigh-in is tonight and I was thinking about walking there and back, but the weather as horrible, I'm having second thoughts.

10. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done, Mixed Spice. That is impressive. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling so motivated just to keep moving! It doesn't matter if it's doing the supermarket shop, parking further away from wherever it is I'm going, doing extra chores around the house, or going for a long walk. It's all extra steps!

Having said that, I'm absolutely shattered this evening and can't see myself clocking up more than 8,000 today.

How far is your walk to weigh-in? I must admit walking in the rain is not so appealing!

11. Mixedspice69

Mixedspice69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    The distance from home to class is just over 2 miles. I decided to drive as I had to transport the dish I had prepared for taster night. I ate so much of the mince pie hi-fi bars last night, I felt sick! Bad news: only 6596 steps yesterday (meetings at work and class = sitting down). Good news: lost 2.5lbs.
    Weekends should be easier for me to clock up more steps as I take the dog for longer walks then.

I bought a pair of wellies last month (with Westies printed all over them), but they only came part way up my calves and were baggy around the ankles, I tried them on again last night, and they now fit perfectly (no more Nora Batty impersonation)! I massage my legs with toning oil every morning, so it must be working!

I think I'll aim for a weekly total of 56,000 steps (as I'm working towards my silver award) rather than a daily total, as on some days I'll do more walking than others. My week would be from Monday to Sunday.

Tomorrow should be a good day as I have meetings at other sites. As I can't drive to these meetings, I'll have to take public transport and this involves quite a bit walking to and fro from bus stops to the offices.

12. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good news on the 2.5 pounds loss. Do you think all the walking is making a difference?

Well I managed to drag myself off the sofa last night and watched 'The Apprentice' whilst marching on the spot! So I reached my 10,000 again. Don't think I will manage it today, but I went swimming this morning, so it all balances out. Plus I'm off to the cinema tonight and I'd look a bit silly if I started marching on the spot!!

13. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I should have my pedometer this weekend.

14. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Will pop mine in my pocket tomorrow and see how I do :) bought it a couple of months ago, used it for a week, then went back to just counting the distance I'd walked in km by putting in the routes I took on Google Maps! Thanks for this thread, should keep me motivated :) xxx

15. Mixedspice69

Mixedspice69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Yesterday only clocked up a paltry 6,406 steps (that also included 15 mins of Just Dance). Thank goodness we're in for good weather at the weekend as I have a lot of walking to do to achieve my goal of 56,000 steps by midnight Sunday!

16. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh no, I forgot :( Would have been a nice big number today too! Bummer. Will remember for Monday, no point using one over the weekend for me as my activity levels are practically ZERO! x

17. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My pedometer is currently reading 10,481 - yay! With the exception of yesterday (went swimming instead), I've managed to reach 10k steps every day this week.

In addition to the exercise, I'm trying out a 'fishy week', having been inspired by posts on minimins. So I'm hoping to actually lose a pound or so this week! Fingers crossed...

18. Mixedspice69

Mixedspice69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Friday 7,424 steps
    Saturday 11,754 steps
    Sunday 7,088 steps

My total for last week was 57,517 steps.
    I was aiming for 56,000, but I think I'll stick to this amount until I achieve my silver award.

I've done 3,167 so far today.

19. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OK, this is crap, I forgot to put it in my pocket again. And I walked to and from uni today, which is over 10km. Blahhhhh!!

Tomorrow!

xxx

20. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  21. lindsay88

lindsay88 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    WW Discover plan
    can i join too please? :) i have a watch which is also a pedometer but not sure how acurate it actually is. I cant drive so tend to walk quite a bit cheaper than buses! I will report back tomorrow night if i remember to put it on! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.