Linda McCartney Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages

Dougal1983

Proud Mummy
I've heard a lot of good things about the Red Onion & Rosemary sausages from Linda McCartney but wanted an honest opinion from anyone who's not a vegetarian but chooses to have them instead of meat sausages.
As I've been avoiding sausages due to the Syn values but as these ones are free, am very interested in trying them.
And also where can I buy them from and any special offers right now?

There ok, i bought some from sainsbury the other day i also bought some sainsbury be good to you extra lean sausages which are 1/2 syn each and they where so much better.

they are nice, taste nice.. but in my opinion i would rather have a real sausage for more syns.. they arn't a substitute for me, i'm not a fan of veggie 'meat' like quorn etc.

but everyones tastes are different.. hope you enjoy them

I just bought them the other day, as I couldn't find any low syn meat sausages when I went for the shop. I liked them, but I love the fact that they are syn free more than anything else! I got them from the big asda store, which I don't go to very often, but haven't been able to find these in my local sainsburys or smaller asda. will be buying them again as I love the idea of sausages, mash and beans!

I'm not a veggie, but I absolutely love these! I have them every week for sunday lunch, with a big heap of mustard mash and loads of veggies. Don't get me wrong, they definitely don't have the texture of a 'proper' sausage, but being Syn free, what more could you ask for? They are really tasty and I look forward to them each week!

If you want a 'proper' sausage, Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages are only half a Syn each.

Despite eating meat, I don't bother buying meat sausages as I like these and the normal Quorn ones too much. They are quite rich in flavour but are syn free so I tend to eat them the most. I prefer Quorn sausages at breakfast despite being 1 syn each. The Linda ones tend to be 1.99 for 6 and as far as Im aware arent on offer where I shop! x

Ok thanks for all the advice, I think I'm going to buy a box of the LM ones just to try and then get "proper" sausages that are low Syn :D
I want to make a Sausage pasta bake soon, but can't give hubby LM ones as he HATES them lol!!

I've actually been to Asda and brought the LM ones 2 boxes for £3 and I got some WW premium pork as I wanted Asda 30% reduced fat ones but they had run out.

Just had the LM ones for breakfast, yummy! They taste like a very flavoursome stuffing mmm! I actually prefer them over the WW premium pork sausages!!
Been trying to get the Asda 30% reduced fat ones and the Sainsburys BGTY extra lean ones but they are always sold out!!

Ooo - these sound lovely. I like stuffing much more than sausages (I'm not veggie but following green on most days at the moment). I foresee a spicy wedges, beans and sausages night coming soon!! Yum.

Where do you get these from please? I've looked in tesco and farmfoods and the only ones I find are just the plain vegetarian ones. TIA :)

Back