Line in the sand

grovergirl1

Hello everyone...

It's the end of a long weekend and I can't sleep, yet again, because I'm here, grappling with myself and trying to talk myself in to doing something about my weight.

I am writing this now, in the hope that I will have drawn a line in the sand, and tomorrow, I will wake up and get back on track, because I have to. Because I have come on here and declared that this is what I am going to do.

I had great success with a short burst of lipotrim during the summer. Since then I've been a disgrace and actually should be stones heavier than the 1 and a half that I've put back on. So here we go again.... No doubt there are going to be countless challenges on the way, but I'll tackle them as best I can, as they arise.

Otherwise... it's action stations and a whole new set of statistics tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck, and please give me all the encouragement you can!

Hi grover, welcome! You sound determined and we will all be here every step of the way. It's all about headspace. I've set me sights on mini goals and stuck at it 100% and now it's just what I do, it's as automatic as eating used to be. When I do struggle with temptation it's as if I'd love to eat something but I know I never will, it's not even an option for me to debate over. Good luck with the second attempt x

Thanks Natty! You've done so much in such a short amount of time... and yes, it really is all in the mindset. Thankfully, I woke this morning just as enthusiastic. So, it'll be off to the pharmacy today to get stocked up (I still have a few shakes from last time), and off I go.

Statistics later. There will be full weighing and (gulp), measuring.

Have a good, productive day everyone!

hiya. welcome back. it shouldnt take you long at all to lose 21lbs...by christmas easily id say?!

h x

Thanks guys! I'm already feeling like I'm not alone with the task ahead, and right now I'm filling my water glass to toast you!

Harriet - yes, I know if I can stick to this (and really, as we know it's headspace), the weight will peel off and I'll feel so much better about myself quickly. Then, Lindo, as you say, it's getting a plan for life. It's also a case of mastering damage limitation along the way. I have a few work trips and meals that will not be possible to shake my way through, but I've been successful in the past at keeping a keen eye on things and not letting anything hinder my progress, even if I have to eat *food*!

So... by tonight I'll have weight, measurements and a few mini goals worked out. And it's great to have pals here that I can have a natter with while the days hopefully slip by!

Until then, it's water, coffee, water, coffee, water, water, water, shake, water, water!

So, I've faced the music, and the choir and the whole blimmin' orchestra... scales, inch tape, the lot.
I've put my weight on my sig, I'll post measurements after a week. I'm not sure I can face looking at them without some good news beside them!

Today has been fine. I'm feeling good and focused, by I know the hunger will soon kick in before I can skate in to Ketosis - which usually takes me 5 days. But I'm determined to get there.

I was a pound down this morning. Not exactly epic for Day 1, I usually mange a bit more, but I should be thrilled and I'm only at the start of this journey, so let's see what unfolds. Like many, I'm a serial weigh-er.

Day 2 and I'm still holding strong. We had an office birthday today - cakes, treats etc galore and I avoided the lot.

I've also dug a dress out of my wardrobe that I am DETERMINED to fit in to for a work do on December 5th. I'm going to hang it outside my wardrobe now, and it's going to be my focus for the next while and with that in mind, I have an appointment booked with my trainer in the gym tomorrow morning.

Hello November, you and I are going to be busy!

U can do this hun, miracle diet if u stick it out, youve done it before u can do it again. Good luck xxx

Oh goodness, how boring is it not eating??? There is tumbleweed blowing through my life right now.

I know it's my own making, and that there are better rewards. And I am SO SICK of the few clothes I fit in to, and I really, really want to look nice in something new for Christmas. I just need patience to go with the steely willpower I'm trying to harness right now....

Just keep yourself busy as you will suddenly find yourself with extra time on your hands that's usually taken up by shopping, making and eating food. It's shocking how much of our lives are taken up with food and most of us eat way more than we actually need to survive, so it's become almost a time passing hobby.

I'm here having my lunchtime shake and it is the most delicious thing I've ever, ever tasted, such is my hunger today!!!

In good news, this morning's scales reading showed between a 3 and 3.5 lb drop, so I'm calling it 3lbs and am thrilled. Now to keep the show on the road.

Did the gym today with no bother, although I'm sure it'll get tougher as the week goes on, before (I hope) it gets easier.

Hope everyone else is powering ahead :D

Not sure how long you've been on LT but take it easy at the gym. Most people advise to wait until your 3rd week, some say don't work out at all as you'll send your body into starvation mode by burning too many calories. Others report going a few times a week and having no issues. Just watch your body and determine how you are doing and it your weight loss slows down maybe knock it off for a bit and stick to other activities like a bit of weight lifting to build a bit of muscle and tone instead of cardio work.

Thanks Kuromi. Yep, it's just weights/body conditioning I'm doing, not cardio. Short, sharp shocks to the system. Good for the body, and good for my head!!

It's cold and dark... the sort of weather that begs for comfort food. Bath instead, and (another) early night!

Ah you should be ok then. You might feel weak for a few days if you are just starting out but it will soon pass and you'll be back in track again soon. If you get light headed moments like me, just take it steady when lifting anything heavy, standing up quick etc and you'll be fine.

Cheers Kuromi, I hope I can battle through... how often are you exercising at the moment and how are you finding it?

Oh God... I've just seen some photos of myself on Facebook from last week.... I look so awful. Can't take them down quite yet for fear of offending people, but I'm cringing inside. At least I now have some very suitable "before" pictures!!!

I'm not really exercising at the moment as I had surgery in September and have been advised to take it easy. I'm basically just doing squats, sit ups and press ups in the mornings when I get up before I'm awake enough to resist my iPad telling me to do it. I want to get back running but daren't incase I burn too many calories and my body protests by putting me in starvation mode.
I've got approx 3 weeks to go, so may start swimming again in the meantime now my incision has closed up.

I'm not sure about the science, and will go off and look it up now, but surely on a VLCD you're body is already in 'starvation mode'... so a bit of exercise isn't going to make much of a difference? And how is a body to know between a very busy, very active day, and someone who has a very sedentary life who does a bit of exercise? Hmmm...

Congrats on the recovery from the heart op Kuromi, I'd say your ticker is thanking you big time for losing weight and giving it (and you) a whole new chance at enjoying life! Your diary makes for great reading. x

I'm not sure about the science, and will go off and look it up now, but surely on a VLCD you're body is already in 'starvation mode'... so a bit of exercise isn't going to make much of a difference? And how is a body to know between a very busy, very active day, and someone who has a very sedentary life who does a bit of exercise? Hmmm... Congrats on the recovery from the heart op Kuromi, I'd say your ticker is thanking you big time for losing weight and giving it (and you) a whole new chance at enjoying life! Your diary makes for great reading. x

No, on a correctly monitored VLCD you shouldn't be in starvation mode, but instead in ketosis which is the point where your body burns fat by turning it into ketones that then pass out of the body. It's a fine line balancing between starvation and coming out of ketosis which is why it's so strict in what you can't have as a small amount of anything may knock you out of ketosis.

Back