Lipotrim - a new way of life for me

Well what can I say, never written a blog before and never gone on a total food replacement diet before. So its all new to me.

I started Lipotrim yesterday, so this is day 2. I am doing ok, got a little tummy rumble yesterday tea time so knew it was time to mix that mousse. Other than than I havent been hungry. I do seem to have been to the loo about a million times but am presuming that is normal due to the increase in water consumption.

Some of you may be thinking that total food replacement is a little on the drastic side but believe me I need drastic....

I hate myself if I am honest. I put on a brave face but will do almost anything to avoid being put in a situation where I will be noticed. Fortunately black is my favourite colour of clothes - it always has been ....

I have never been thin, but my god have I let myself go. I suppose I thought that I could always start again tomorrow and as we all know tomorrow never comes. Well this time is different, not just because of the type of diet I have started but because I have the best of reasons to hang in there and achieve my goal. My husband and I are going through the process to adopt. We cant have children together - although I have 3 children from my first marriage. This is so important to me that I cannot afford to fail.

Saying all that I need your support to help me through this, I dont know how long it will take but I am determined to succeed...:)

Will keep this goin just to let you and me know how I am doing

Day 3

Well I managed to get through day 2 ok, sadly my husband has fallen off the wagon, he was just too hungary and felt ill.

I am however even more determined to succeed. I had the chicken soup for tea yesterday ad it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

Really looking forward to monday when I get weighed.

Keep going everyone it will all be worth it in the end

You are doing great!!! It's lovely to come on here and know we all have something in common-we have weight to lose!!

You seem very determind, so long may it continue.. Good luck hun x x

Thank you, am very glad I found this forum. I think its really important to get the support and encouragement from likeminded people. I know it wont be easy but need to stay focused. Hoping after the first few days that it gets easier.

It does get easier after about day 3 or 4 (when you get into ketosis)... In can be a huge struggle until then, but so worthwhile when you get past it.. And your 1st weigh in makes you smile soooooooooo much!! lol x x

well done on deciding to join Lp, the result sare fantastic and you will sail through, when you feel down, just remind yourself why you are doing this and it will keep you going.
keep coming on here and keep us updated.
good luck.
xx

Day 4.....

Well I survived day 3, it wasnt too bad. I do have to say tho that I do feel slightly peckish today. Have had my chocolate mousse for breakfast and several glasses of water so not sure whats happening to be honest.

I have decided that I cant really stomach the vanilla flavour, I thought it had a hint of "bun mix" (which I love) the first couple of times but now it just make me shudder so thats off the list then. Looking forward to trying the biscuits, just for ease really at work. Anyone have an opinion on them????

Other than that, alls ok.

biscuits?? didnt no they did biscuits ;);)

Oh yes, apparently they are coconut and peanut butter flavours. The chemist said not to have them the first week - why I have no idea - but anyway I figured that chewing a really tasty (prob not!) biccy at work would be easier than getting my whisk out lol. So I am going to opt for some next week.

I got quite excited at the thought of biscuits, then realised you were talking about the crapjacks!!! :(

Opinion is very divided over the flapjacks mspurrr, so it might be worth asking your pharmacist for a minimal amount in case you don't like them (or ask if they would change them).

You seem to be doing really well x x

Good idea Sue, thanks.

So they are abit like cardboard then???? I figure i will just dip them in my coffee if they taste revolting....

Anyone have a preference on which tastes the least revolting?

Hiya, so its not really biscuits, was hoping it were going to be like the digestive chocolate biscuits.... :D:D:D:D:D
never mind ey...:p:p:p
personally, i prefer the shakes as its done with and not having to mess about food, because once i start chewing, iwould want more!!!
i even carry my own mixer ( electric mixer from tesco value) and it works, have my first shake at work around 12:30 pm-ish, then all the rest at home as i work 7am-3pm.
so it works fine for me.
xxx

Hi Mspurrrfect
I use the flapjacks all the time & I love them. They do taste like cardboard, actually chipboard is probably a better description, but to me, because they're solid food, I actually relish them. I put them on a plate when I'm at home & eat them with a knife & fork! (Weird I know) They're also so handy for work, especially if you've people wanting to explain why you're using hand blender, what diet your on etc. etc. & you do get used to the taste, actually there is a distinctly peanutty flavour to the peanut one, my chemist doesn't stock coconut, so I don't know what they're like. But as Su said above, not everyone likes them. I happen to like them. Good luck to you as a fellow traveller on your weightloss journey!

hmmmmm, reading this post made me think!!! SSusee, you are right about having to explain to work people, as they are very nosey and as it happened someone asked me yesterday as she walked in when i was in kitchen blending my shake, i dont even know her, but she was very very nosey, asking me what it was and if i liked it, i was very evasive so i just said to her that it was a protein shake. she even wanted me to tell her why i was drinking it!!! some people....ey and she was a skinny woman, probably a size 8-10.....i dont have any friends at work, so nobody knows am doing LP. They are only work colleagues but no friends......i would not want it any other way as my previous "friends", all stabbed in my back when i off work suffering from severe depression....but hey ho.... i have now changed jobs and meeting new people, so might make some new friends eventually.
but i have friends, real friends in here who are the best, so am more than happy to have Lp friends than any others.
So, what am getting at that, it might be a good idea for me to swab my morning shakes to a flapjack, as that wont arouse suspicions.
thanks fo rthat SSusee.
sorry about this post turning out like that...:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for that Ssusee, I will have to give them a go. At least if they are vile I can dunk em!!!!

Wanna be slim, I know what you mean about nosey work places. I have a close friend at work who knows I am doing this but I dont want anyone else to to know to be honest. Thats why I thought the biscuits/flapjacks would be more discreet. Am off to the chemist on monday morning for my first weigh in so may try one for lunch, will let you all know how they are. Mind you I didnt find the chicken soup too bad. Dont think I would want it everyday but it was palatable.

All best wishes and support to you fellow weightloss posters!

Hi MsP, well done for deciding to start LT. If you can just stick with it the rewards are great. I'm in week 3 now and although I'm finding the cravings this week hard to handle (no actual hunger, just cravings), the thought of my weigh-in is keeping me so focused. I think it's like that every week, just the thought of seeing the scales go down is so satisfying, so much more than any type of food that we end up feeling guilty about eating 5mins after we eat it!!
I hated the flapjack (to the point of vomiting hated!!!) but I love the chicken soup, try mixing it with 500mls of boiling water, it's very thin but I think it's yum! Perhaps your husband might be able to do the maintenance LT diet, my chemist says some people find it easier to be able to have some shakes but eat meals also..might be worth looking into. Also, remember you can drink peppermint tea on this diet, it's good for weightloss as well as adding to water intake and some people find it helps keeps things moving and everything regular :)
Anyway, best of luck over the weekend, x

Back