Lipotrim and Hormones.....

rosie mae

Hi wondered if anyone has had a similar response to me...

i hope you dont mind if i get - errm - well a little personal..

i am doing the TFR Lipotrim diet, and i have a coil, which usually means no periods for me, however, within the first week [and this has been repeated over several months of being on the diet ] they have returned... very strange.. and i worry if anyone is out there, in the same situation... also concerned if anyone should be well taking extra precautions if this means that it weakens the coil... i asked the lady at the chemist, but she didnt know how to answer me, so am putting on hear to see if anyone responds, otherwise i know i could go and chat to the doc if i was worried about myself...

thanks....
Rosie Mae:confused:

Hi rosie mae , You don't say what kind of coil you have fitted, but as you no longer menstrate I can only assume it's a mirena coil (one that has hormones on the top of the coil) , Oestrogen is what causes causes fat to be stored in the buttocks, thighs, and hips in women and generally speaking the fatter you are the more oestrogen you are likely to have in your system . So as you lose weight it may be that your oestrogen level is falling and this lowering of the hormone is confusing your system which has compensated for the progesterone on your coil.

.... As long as you're within the 5 years of it being inserted, and you (sorry) can still locate your strings, I would assume you would still be covered, as the coil itself has 3 ways in which to prevent pregnancy! However if your worried check with your GP! :)

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Rosie... I've had no periods for this reason for the last 3 years... Even though I've done LT 4-5 times (I think) now I've never had any issues...

Until this week! I've just finished week 6 of TFR (swapped from LT to S&S now Exante)... This last few days i've had a period and it's still going :s

Very, very odd... Kinda novel too. Reminded me how much I love not having them haha.

So you're not the only one. I've read other threads about women having excessive bleeding during TFR diets so I'm not worried. I do hope I'll stop having them again when I refeed (starting tomorrow) lol.

Gl with your diet! Just make sure you drink loads and go see your GP if it carries on for a long time.

Btw - I had some periods last coil after the hormones wore off (I was very lazy and left it there for 7 years...) The nurse assured me as long as there's something, 'up there' it prevents pregnancy, you don't actually need the hormones. :)

I never had a TOTM until I started visiting these forums either.:p

Hope that helps. :D

I didn't have a proper TOTM for a good 6 months but since I've been on lipotrim it's been there 90% of the time... I think I've had 4 days off in total! I think it's just hormone levels readjusting but maybe speak to your doc about precautions!

thanks didimissy, you sound like you really know what your taking about and you are right i am on the mirena, i had it fitted about 6 months ago but when i was eating again, all returned to normal... so i am not really worried, but did wonder if the chemist should be warning women that this might be a side affect...

thank you again.... Rosie Mae

Hi and... i did the same as you and it was about 7years for my last one, what a shock... ha ha....... how time flies by - anks this one has been there for about 6 months...
thanks for responding... Rosie Mae

Mr c ha ha I have a similar issue only I had the coil fitted February I bleed briefly then nothing til the 2 weeks ago and it hasn't stopped tmi but there nothing there hardly for a pad but every time on wiping do you think it's the coil just settling, I have had one previous and never had an issue,
Also my friend told me the coil can make you gain weight cos of the hormones surely that can't be the case if I am not eating, is that not it gives you more appetite hence you eat more!!!,,
Am slightly confused :/ x

thanks Yello Umba... its really good to know that i am not alone, and how we all respond differntly -sounds like it should be made a caution when starting Lipo...x

Mr c ha ha I have a similar issue only I had the coil fitted February I bleed briefly then nothing til the 2 weeks ago and it hasn't stopped tmi but there nothing there hardly for a pad but every time on wiping do you think it's the coil just settling, I have had one previous and never had an issue,
Also my friend told me the coil can make you gain weight cos of the hormones surely that can't be the case if I am not eating, is that not it gives you more appetite hence you eat more!!!,,

Hi there, thanks for your reply, i found lots of replys really useful and helpful in understanding why this is happening... i hope you do to... thanks again x

I never had a TOTM until I started visiting these forums either.:p

Hope that helps. :D

Ha Ha.... you poor thing.... welcome to the world of women and all that we endure - you are coming out in sympathy with us....

Rosie Mae.....one of the main questions i was asked at the chemist was do i have a coil fitted! It's obviously something they are concerned about. I would ask the Lipotrim people themselves???

MrC...you don't know what us ladies have to go through!!!! But it's def not as bad as 'man flu'!!! lol

You do tend to bleed more for a bit after it's first fitted but VLCDs also mess with yoru hormones - I've got two spots to show for it (on my chin) EW!! lol.

You won't gain weight on this diet - don't worry about that. You may retain a little more water tho during your TOTM - something i've not had to bloody worry about for the last 3 years.

I really hope my hormones settle back down after my refeed!

Rosie - you're from Lancs too! Where abouts do you live?

and said:
You do tend to bleed more for a bit after it's first fitted but VLCDs also mess with yoru hormones - I've got two spots to show for it (on my chin) EW!! lol.

You won't gain weight on this diet - don't worry about that. You may retain a little more water tho during your TOTM - something i've not had to bloody worry about for the last 3 years.

I really hope my hormones settle back down after my refeed!

Rosie - you're from Lancs too! Where abouts do you live?

Thanks Hun , hope your right be glad when I can gt my hormones in check to roll on sept :)

Rosie - you're from Lancs too! Where abouts do you live?[/QUOTE]
Hi and, i live in lancaster....how about you? -ps managed to get rid of my spot today.... glad when things settle, i feel drained... and i just want my bed.... x

Hi and, i live in lancaster....how about you? -ps managed to get rid of my spot today.... glad when things settle, i feel drained... and i just want my bed.... x
Ah, almost the other end of the county! (Almost in Yorkshire eeeek).

Back