ProPoints Lisa's second time round, first time diary :)

Wow brilliant loss hun weldone glad u had a good weekend! I'll go on line later n email u my name to find me on facebook xx

Hi ladies. Yesterday went ok. Ate 33pp which is a lot more than I would usually have but am off sick for the week so not so bad for sitting at home for the day! Tried Bronas pasta with sundried tomatoes, feta etc. and it was yummy!!

Started my day today with breakfast pizza (cheese toasties really) for 4pp :)

Attachments

• image-3179508490.jpg
    image-3179508490.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 39
Ok so have 9pp to spare for the rest of the day. Had bang bang prawns for dinner and it was fab!!!

Bang Bang Prawns

2 Packs prawns 350g 7pp
2 packs noodles 300g 9pp
50g anchovies 3pp
Sundried tomatoes 6pp
Tbls seafood sauce 1pp
Tbls Worcester sauce 0pp
Tbls Sweet chilli sauce 0pp
Lemon Juice 0pp
Spinach and watercress 0pp
Chilli 0pp
2 large onions 0pp
Bunch of spring onions 0pp

26pp total - 3 servings @ 9pp each

1. Chop all veg and chilli (not the sun dried tom) finely and fry in large pan with a bit of fry light. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add prawns and tomatoes and stir well.
3. After 3-5 mins add the anchovies and sauce ingredients.
4. Add the noodles.
5. Take off the heat, stir in the spinach and watercress and serve.

I actually forgot to add spinach and watercress so retook the photo after I had already eaten some - it was a nice decent portion :)

Attachments

• image-105581246.jpg
    image-105581246.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 40
Also made some salmon fishcakes to be frozen and reheated. Work out at 2 for 5pp. Not a very fishy taste so might suit OHs and kids who refuse to eat fish!!!

Salmon Fishcakes

5 eggs - 1 with yoke 2pp
1kg potatoes 20pp
480g salmon 18pp
2 red peppers 0pp
5 medium onions 0pp
Chilli powder 0pp
Small red chilli 0pp

40pp - makes 16 - 8 servings @ 5pp each.

1. Boil the potatoes and oven cook the salmon.
2. In the meantime, chop the peppers, onion and chilli in a small bit of fry light.
3. Mash potatoes and flake salmon.
4. Leave all to cool slightly then add to a mixing bowl with eggs
5. With your hands create a mix that is quite mushy in texture
6. Spray some fry light on a baking tray, create the patties and put in the oven for 20-30 mins until turning golden. (Turn half way through)
7. Serve :)

Attachments

• image-3790479396.jpg
    image-3790479396.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 46
Hi ladies. Yesterday went ok. Ate 33pp which is a lot more than I would usually have but am off sick for the week so not so bad for sitting at home for the day! Tried Bronas pasta with sundried tomatoes, feta etc. and it was yummy!!

Started my day today with breakfast pizza (cheese toasties really) for 4pp :)

Sorry you're poorly. Both the pasta and the breakfast pizza sound yummy!

yum the fish cakes and bang bang prawns look lovely i jus dnt like prawns or salmon!!!

im not right a fishy person if im honest! i do like haddock cod u no the normal lol
xxx

I don't like fish or prawns so I think chicken would replace the prawns nicely but have you any alternatives to using salmon in the fish cakes, I know they wouldn't strictly be fish cakes then.

might do it wit steak...mmmmm will tihnk on it!

i might make my own fish cakes i might do haddock with something....guna get me thinkin cap on
xx

You could defo use tuna or haddock/cod for fish cakes. If you couldn't stand fish at all I would use mince meat - maybe turkey mince to save a few pp? As for the bang bang you could defo throw any substitute in there. I think chicken would be the best coz it's quite a lemony/ sweet taste to the sauce :)

Yeah was very happy with them myself :) l loosely based them on all recipes.com dinner spinner app which is great because you can type in an ingredient and it will give you loads of recipes :)

Attachments

• image-2593329822.jpg
    image-2593329822.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image-2571913600.jpg
    image-2571913600.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 36
Yeah I've got that but not really used it. You're very good at making new things. I love doing new recipes but I'm a but lazy with it x

Went over points again yesterday but not out at the weekend so trying to spread it over the week a bit. Have 29 overs left and well on track today. Had the most gorgeous dinner today...tried bns chips for the first time and I love them!!! They are exactly like Eddie rockets sweet potatoe fries.

Dinner total 6pp!!!
Salmon fishcakes (yesterday's recipes) 5pp
Bns chips 1pp (used a good bit of fry light)
Pickled cucumber salad 0pp

Got the cucumber salad recipe from Jamie's 15 minute meals and it is super. I hate cucumber but love pickled stuff so find it yummy :)

Attachments

• image-2064204420.jpg
    image-2064204420.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 32
Yum. I had bns chips with my bolognaise again tonight. They're a godsend. I'm gonna be over this week but I don't really care at the mo haha.

Back