Little*Red's Pregnancy Food Diary (with pics)

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
Hi all,
Thought I would start up my own little diary here as I have officially started slimming world today. I'm doing sw at home with use of the start up books, willpower and of course minimins! As you can see from my signature I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant , i would maybe like to lose a little weight to begin with and more so try to maintain and just try and keep myself within set limits for gaining. Today i've started at 149lbs, a 14lb gain so far, which is 5lbs more than i've set target for :cry:.
So just to give you all a bit of background, I had my first two little girls close together (only 1 year apart) and was obese by the time both my pregnancies had ended. I decided my body looked terrible for a 23 year old and in June 2008 did ww from home with the support of minimins. By March 2009 I had lost just over 3st (I have pictures in my albums if you want to have a wee nosey ;)) . I felt great as I'd always been chubby as a child, teenager and adult. Anyway I gave up counting points but managed to maintain my weight for just over a year and then it slowly started to pile on again. So at the start of this pregnancy I was 135lbs which is just overweight BMI so I'm trying to gain no more than 15-20lbs as recommended.
I've been a lurker for ages so I've finally braved it to join you guys and hope I can give and receive lots of minimins support.

Ok so todays menu (Red Day)
Breakfast
48g branflakes (HeB)
Milk (HeA)
1/2 large banana

Lunch
2 rashers bacon (fat removed)
2 x scrambled eggs (mage with a little milk i never used for breakfast)

Dinner
Homemade beefburgers (made with only lean beef mince and onions)
190g SW roast potatoes (HeB)
carrots
brocolli

Snacks
Apple
Coffee with sweetner

Syns
1tbsp ketchup (1)

Water - 4 pints with NAS squash
Exercise- Week 1 Day 1 C25K

I know i haven't eaten enough syns today, i'm really just trying to get to grips with SW way of eating, i'll hopefully start to get to grips with how many syns things are.

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Day 2 (Red Day)

Breakfast

Oat so simple sachet (HeB)
Milk (HeA)

Lunch
SW quiche with ham, onions and 28g cheese (HeA)
Salad ( lettuce, cucumber, beetroot)
apple
Yoo yoghurt (2 syns)

Dinner
spaghetti bolognese (lean mince, bell peppers, onion, passata, oxo, garlic granuales)
35g wholemeal pasta (HeB)

Snacks
Apple
pear
Coffee with sweetner

Exercise- C25k day off

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 112
Hi little*red

Congrats on your pregnancy!

looks like your doing well, but i definatly agree you should be having more syns. also you could have a syn free yogurt and save the syns from that for something better? just a thought.
I see youve just started C25K! i did my 1st one last night, i felt my legs getting wobbily by the end, what did you think?

x

Hi Lorna,
Thanks for the advice, mucho appreciated :), i managed to get in 8.5 syns today which is an improvement. With regards to the yogurt i though because they were fat free that they would be syn free and unfortuntley had bought a pack of 6 :doh: so just trying to use them up .
Did my second c25k today and it felt a wee bit harder than day one as my legs were still a bit sore from yesterday, looking forward to cracking on with it though.

Day 3 (Red Day)

Breakfast

48g Branflakes(HeB)
Milk (HeA)

Lunch
Tuna mayo (5 syns)
Salad ( lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, red onion, red peppers)
salad cream (2.5 syns)
2 pumpkin seed and oats ryvita (HeB)

Dinner
Cottage pie topped with carrot and turnip mash
broccoli
25g peas (1 syn)

Snacks
Apple
pineapple
25g syn free strawberry yogurt

Exercise- Wk1 D2 C25k

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 112
Day 4 (Red Day)

Breakfast

Boiled egg
2 x WW Toast (HeB)
tsp marg (2syns)
Milky coffee (HeA)

Lunch
Leftover cottage pie from last night
Chopped apple and pineapple
strawberry syn free yoghurt

Dinner
Chicken tikka skewers (marinated with tikka spice powder and fat free natural yogurt)
Veg skewers (peppers, courgette and onion)
220g SW potato wedges (HeB)
Tikka sauce (passata, f/f yog, onions, tikka spice powder)

Snacks
Another milky coffee (HeA)
3rd bit of ww bread for HeB with dairylea (1.5 syns)

Exercise- C25k day off

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 182
Day 5 (Red Day)

Breakfast

48g branflakes (HeB)
milk (HeA)

Lunch
Tuna Mayo (5 syns)
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, red onion, red pepper, pickled onions, beetroot
Boiled egg

Dinner
Chilli - lean mince, courgettes, peppers, onions, passata, chilli powder, 1/2 beef oxo
sw Wedges (HeB)

Water - 4.5 pints with NAS squash
Exercise- Wk1 Day3 C25k

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 123
Hi little*red, hope you had a good weekend?! :)

What did you think to the cottage pie? its a faveroite in our house, and always goes down well.
I no wat you mean with the yogurts. the packaging can be soo misleading. I cant believe they can plaster fat free on them, but if you look at the nutritional info they can be 25% of your recomended daily allowance of sugar :eek:

do you only do red days? iv only done EE but after looking at your food diary i may try a couple over this week.

x

Oh Lorna the cottage pie was delishious, i forgot how much i love carrot and turnip mash!
I'm doing this red days this week and going to try all green next week, not so sure if i'll do extra easy or just alternate between the two. I dont' like the idea of only 1 of each HE on EE, although saying that i'm a bit worried about next week incase its just far to many carbs for me. Guess i like the security of a set limit of healthy carbs on red, but i'll see how my losses (Or maintenance) go with each plan.

Day 6 (Red Day)

Breakfast

oat so simple (HeB)
milk (HeA)

Lunch
Omlette - 3 eggs, ham, 28g cheese (HeA), onion
Yoo Yoghurt (2 syns)

Dinner
Chicken breast with courgette, onion, red pepper and fresh pineapple roasted in an oven bag with schwartz perfect mix cajun seasoning (tasted delish and would have been gorgeous with rice)
SW Wedges (HeB)

Snack
Banana

Water - 5 pints (Plain as i got a bit worried about too many sweetners in the NAS squash)
Exercise- C25k day off

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 107
Weight day tommorow, a bit worried I won't have lost anything as i feel like i've pigged out today, all on plan of course but it's just niggling away at me now.

Day 7 (Red Day)

Breakfast

Branflakes (HeB)
milk (HeA)
Banana

Lunch
Frittata -Tuna, potato (HeB), sweetcorn (1.5 syns) and onion, 4 eggs, 28g cheese (HeA)
Fat free activia
salt and vinegar Snack-a-jacks (6 syns)

Dinner
Chicken stirfry - chicken breast, tesco veg and beansprout stirfry mix, onion, red pepper, soy sauce

Snack
2 x apples

Water - 4 pints
Exercise- Wk 2 D1 C25k

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 106
hi , just a=wanted to say your diary looks fab , and its a great help as I am on my first week of SW doing red days , so it helps to see another red diary :D

congratulations on the pregnancy , its great that you are able to do SW and reduce the gain :)

let us know how much you loose at weigh in :)

Thanks determinator, i lost 3.6lbs today when i weighed in, so very happy with that.

Day 1 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup (carrots, onion, passata, leek, turnip, courgette, bell peppers, sweetcorn, oxo, chilli powder)

Lunch
2x ryvita (HeB)
ELF soft cheese (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Broccoli and macaroni cheese (Mrswilsoncrofts recipe - very yummy!)
SW roasted new potatoes
sweetcorn

Snack
Banana
Milky coffee (HeA)

Water - 3 pints
Exercise- C25k off

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Day 2 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup (carrots, onion, passata, leek, turnip, courgette, bell peppers, sweetcorn, oxo, chilli powder)

Lunch
Roasted veg cous cous (red pepper, onion & courgette)
activia yoghurt
snack a jacks (6 syns)
tangerine
apple

Dinner
Quorn crispy fillet (3 syns)
sw wedges
broccoli
2x corn on cob
peas

Snack
2 x alpen light (HeB)

Water - 2 pints :eek:
Exercise- Wk2 Day2 C25k

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 70
Day 3 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup

Lunch
nothing, felt exhausted and slept most of the afternoon :eek:

Dinner
Quiche - Tuna (HeB), sweetcorn, onion, 3 eggs, quark, 28g cheese (HeA)

Snack
milky coffee (HeA)

Water - 3 pints
Exercise- C25k Day off

:doh: Thanks Allie, i thought it seemed like an awful lot! Totally mis-red my books what a numpty i am, thanks for keeping me on track though.x

Day 4 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup

Lunch
homemade Lentil soup
2 pumpkin seed & oats ryvita (HeB)

Dinner
Chilli - 85g Lean mince (HeB + 2 syns), peppers, courgette, passata, onion, sweetcorn, oxo, chilli powder
SW wedges

Snack
milky coffee (HeA)
1 pringle (1 syn)

Water - 4 pints
Exercise- Wk 2 Day 3 C25k

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 101
Day 5 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup

Lunch
SW chips
beans
28g cheese (HeA)

Dinner
Creamy chilli pasta - 70g pasta, veg stock, sweet chilli philidelphia (HeB), roasted peppers and red onion

Snack
milky coffee (HeA)
banana

Water - 4 pints
Exercise- C25k day off

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 94
Day 6 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup

Lunch
Ham omelette (HeB)
salad - lettuce, cucumber, red pepper
activia fat free yoghurt

Dinner
Quorn crispy fillet (3 syns)
sw roasties
peas
sweetcorn
broccoli

Snack
2 x apples
32g McCoys crisps (8.5 syns)
milky coffee (HeA)
Tea

Water - 3 pints
Exercise- Wk 3 day 1 C25k

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 115
Love your food dairy, it all looks so yummy!!

How do you make your tikka sauce? Mine never looks like that!

Also are the crispy quorn fillets found in the freezer or chilled section?

Thanks! Xxx

Thanks Nicky, i love my food and i'd get so easily bored if i didn't have different meals all the time.
The tikka sauce recipe was basically just tikka curry powder mixed with about two tablespoons of passata and about 150ml of fat free yoghurt all heated in a pan.

The quorn pieces are frozen, i got them in tesco they had a deal on so only £1.14 for the two, and they taste like the birdseye crispy chicken, the batter on them is really light.

Weight day tommorrow, and still feel like i'm eating far too much to be possibly maintaining or losing weight! Also going to start an Extra easy week and getting worried about the lack of healthy extras, however i think it will help me to up my syns for the days when i'm not having enough.

Day 7 (Green Day)

Breakfast

Superspeed soup

Lunch
SW pasta quiche - cheese and broccoli pasta & sauce, sweetcorn, ham (HeB), quark, 3 eggs
Activia fat free yoghurt
apple
tangerine
snack a jacks (6 syns)

Dinner
Spicy veg and rice stuffed peppers - peppers, courgette, passata, oxo, onion, rice, chilli & cayenne powder

Snack
2 x alpen lights (HeB)
milky coffee (HeA)

Water - 3 pints
Exercise- C25k day off

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 92