Liver

maypole

loves to eat
:sign0137::sign0137::sign0137: for years I have avoid liver due to bad childhood memorys but feel like I am old enough to eat it now (well I am 35) has anyone got any good sin free liver recipes please??

Grill it and have it with mash, ideally you want it to remain a little pink or it will go solid...
Roasted carrots in fry lite and a dash of orange juice makes a nice sweet accomplished as the dish is iron rich.

If you want to use butter as a Syn (low fat butter just as good) then Saute in butter.

I would only eat lambs liver or chicken liver as I find the other types far too strong a flavour. Must admit though I haven't had chicken liver for ages and can't remember how I cooked it, but with lambs liver I cut it into strips or bite sized pieces (with my kitchen scissors) and add it to the pan after I've slowly dry fried chopped onions til they're soft, then stir in the liver and cook it til done but still soft.... you might want to add a bit of Bovril and a little water as a syn free gravy, too. You might be able to make a sort of pate with chicken liver, but may have to tweak any recipe you find so it's syn free!

OMG!I so adore liver, especially beef liver which has a real meaty flavour to it.

The smaller the animal, the more subtle the taste of the liver so chicken is very mild, then lamb, then pig (which I'm not keen on.)

I soak my beef liver overnight in a little milk, pat it off. I then prefer to use half a tablespoon of olive oil using a pastry brush to brush out a griddle pan lightly & then brush dipped in olive oil to brush over the liver. sprinkle with balsamic vinegar & griddle it for about 4-5 mins per side until pink in the middle.

Frylight for some reason does not work when using the balsamic vinegar as it goes crusty and awful so it has to be olive oil. I also slice up loads of onion and use the same pan which has the juices in it & add some more balsamic vinegar over the onions. Serve with S.W. chips & a corriander salad....lush!

Alternatively, for a nice slow cooked meal add sliced onion and crushed garlic to a slow cooker & leave on high for about an hour and half, add approx 350-400gms liver tossed in a little flour, 4-5 strips of smokey bacon, tbsp tomato puree, pinch chilli powder for a kick, pinch garlic granules, 2 beef oxo dissolved enough hot water to covering just below the liver. Stir & continue on high for a couple of hours or so and serve with steamed cabbage and mash.....yummy!

Ommm sounds fab :drool: Think I'll have that this w/e, with some fava beans and a nice chanti :drool:

Back