Living with parents

print some of these replies of & leave them where your mum can see them, maybe she may read them & see other views, hope you can sort this out without either of you getting too upset xx

Thankyou so much everyone for being so supportive.
Things with my mum are much better than they were last night/this morning after the arguement about the curry that she was going to make today.

As I was at work, I didnt really get to speak to her, so she cooked a curry with a jar worth 19 syns for my other half (he lives with me and my parents) and my dad and she left a whole bag of chicken for me to do whatever I wanted with! Believe me this was a complete turning point!! This morning was the first time I had super duper stood up to her, I told her, 'I love you, but I can't sabotage my weight loss'. and something must have clicked.
When I got home from work I also popped out and bought some muller lights, noodles, a pack of salad and some spices, and she was completely fine with it. Although she did have a go at me for taking up fridge space.
My mum is overweight herself, and has high blood pressure, she was told to lose a stone to help bring her blood pressure down, which in the past year or so, she has done, and I have congratulated her so much.
I am the youngest of 4 and am the only one left at home so alot of the things you guys were saying make total sense.
I will stand my ground, as I really have to stay on plan and lose this weight. But at the same time will try to bond over something.
Thankyou for al your help, any more tips would be totally appreciated!

aww bless, your mums trying her best, glad its working out for you, maybe your mum in time may come to your way of eating & lose a bit of weight herself xx

have you bought a few SW mags and left them lying about so she can see that your "diet" food looks great and realy easy to make?

Is your mum someone who tends to eat traditional english food.

If so, why dont you ask her to cook with you something that is slimming world that the whole family might eat.

For example, chicken and chips with veg.
(oven on about 200, chicken breast sat on lemon with some herbs sprinkled on it) (wrap the whole thing in foil). Make the slimming world chips and serve with veg.

You could get her to cut the "chips" do the chicken whilst you do the veg.

(for the none dieting members of the family make some gravy up for the veg or even serve with whatever they might prefer to veg.

Or you could make a cottage pie together, buy all the stuff but rather than you make it for the family do it together. (The other members of the family probs wouldnt even notice it was slimming world recipe)

Or a family roast - how about she does the meat and the veg and you do the potatoes (if she wants to make the gravy up with the meat juices then say can make your own up separately in a small pot).

Coljack; Yes I have, I've printed off recipes from the internet too and left them around as well. But she totally ignores them!!

geordie_lass21; If it was up to my mum, it would be cottage pie, casseroles, roast dinners all the time! So I will definetly try what you have suggested, thankyou!!

Back