LizzieF's CC Diary (ZigZaging)

LizzieF

Hi all

After much thought I'm trying calorie Counting but the ZigZaging way. I have 2 stone to loose (currently 11st 5.5 and want to be 9st 5) and not sure if I'm doing it right but going to have a go.

After looking at the site I had recomended to me (not sure if I'm allowed to post a link). Anyways this site said to have the following calories (the highest amount tailored to the days when I excercise or when I think I would eat more) so heres my plan:-

(FL) FAT LOSS (EFL) EXTREME FAT LOSS
Mon 1272 cals (FL) 1272 (EFL)
Tues 1384 cals (FL) 1272 (EFL)
Weds 1538 cals (FL) 1272 (EFL)
Thurs 1538 cals (FL) 1272 (EFL)
Fri 1845 cals (FL) 1527 (EFL)
Sat 1692 cals (FL) 1400 (EFL)
Sun 1538 cals (FL) 1272 (EFL)

I'm planning on going to the Gym Weds to Friday and maybe a Saturday.

So today I have had so far:-

1/2 pint Skimmed Milk (93 Cal)

BREAKIE:-
2 x Asda Crumpets, 8g Hartleys Rasberry Jam & 10g Asda Olive Light Spread (206 Cals)

LUNCH:-
1 Large Tortilla, 30g Phili Light Gralic & Herb Cheese, 40g Bernard Matthews Turkey Ham, Cucumber & Tomato & a 25g pack of Caramel Snackojacks (352 cals)

TEA:-

WW Lasagna (253 Cals)

So still have 1134 cals to use up !!!!! :eek::eek: I am going out for drinks tonight which I am planning on have Vodkas & Diet Cokes.

Well last night I didnlt had Vodkas I had the dreaded Magners :-( 4 to be precise which I worked out to be (860 Cals :-0)

Didn't stop there :-( had the munchies and had pan o chocolate (130 cals) 2 slices of toast with lurpack an jam :-( (guestimate at 300 cals)

1290 cals in total so to say I had 1134 to use up and ended up being 156 over I think it's not been too devastating. Good job I didnlt thin this morning 'oh b*gger it I mucked it up last night and can pull it back :)

Will let you know how the plan goes. I think this week I will follow the (FL) Fat Loss plan and the week after the (EFL) Extreme Fat Loss and see which I get better results from.

If anyone has doen this and thinks I'm doing it wrong Please let me know :):):) cos I'm not sure lol seems too much to me.

Anyways thank you for reading this far and will do my best to keep this upto date :D

Last edited:
Hello i have also found the zig zag info today and im doing it too the extreme fat loss!! im hoping i get the results with exercise too.!

good luck and will keep up with your diary enjoy your cheeky drinks tonight i sure will too. lol x

Thanks I will ;-) I will manage to use the rest of my cals on vodka lol, bit if I wasn't going out gawd know what I would spend them on lol. Just doesn't seem right, but hey ho will give it ago and if it desn't I'll do the extreme fat loss the following week. Hope it goes well for you too :)

welll bang outa the window today goes, had 1 tooo many drinks tonight and jut wanna eat everything in sight and hav done :-( ah well will start a fresh tomorrow without any distractions of going out for some drinks......

Heey Lizzie a fresh day is possible/and a good choice while you had a good night out plan your foods for today and u will be fine im sure.!! x

Heyy LizzieF! :)

Although I'm not a newbie to calorie counting I am to calorie zig zagging and I'll be starting it tomorrow (this week's been a whole blur of a binge lol so will be starting a fresh tomorrow! :p)

We've both got the sameish current/goal weight, so I would love to keep a track of your diary (if you don't mind me being so nosey?? :p)

Hope it goes brilliantly for you! :D

x

I felt like binging today as thought I'd mucked it up. But thats the best bit about this zigzagging you can have a blow out 1 night and pull it back :) :)

Right today after deciding not to think what the heck and eat stodge I have had:-

1538 cals (FL) 1272 (EFL)to use today

2 x Chocolate Weetabix (156 Cals)

Roast Chicken Mugshot & 1 Rasberry & Yoghurt Alpen Bar (364 Cals)

DINNER:-
1 Large Tortilla, 30g Phili Light Gralic & Herb Cheese, 40g Bernard Matthews Turkey Ham, Cucumber & Tomato & a WW Lemon Cheesecake Yoghurt (309 cals)

922 Calories used so far and 156 overpent yesterday have 460 calories left

Just used some more on my supper

2 x Asda Crumpets, 8g Hartleys Rasberry Jam & 10g Asda Olive Light Spread (206 Cals)

& WW Rich Toffee Bar (does anyone know the calories fos this? I know the WW point is 1 1/2 but don't have the box with calories on - going to guess on 100 cals)

So now have 154 not used.

So doesn't feel like I should be loosing eating this much lol, but next few days I'm on
Mon 1272 cals,
Tues 1384 cals & Weds 1538 cals Then WI on Thursday.

If this week is a no go with a loss then will try the EFL plan :)

Last edited:
Mon 4th October 1272 cals

Not feeling 100% today so not a very exciting plan today

1 x Summer Fruit Alpen Light Bar & 1 x Choc & Orange ALpen Light Bar (123)

LUNCH
Weight Watchers Lemon Chicken Risotto (327)

SNACK:
Banana
Summer Fruit ALpen Light Bar (161)

2 Large Tortilla, 30g Phili Light Garlic & Herb Cheese, 40g Bernard Matthews Turkey Ham, Cucumber & Tomato & 25g Caramel Snackajacks (553)- liking this meal at the min as you probably can tell (but used last of it today so something different tomorrow lol)

Used so far today (1257)

Yeah I'm enjoying this better than counting points at WW (prob same priciple with calories, but this is o much easier to track and less stressful :) My WI is on Thursday (treat night :) too) that's what keeps me going too :) lol

What's your dieting experiment?

wow will keep an eye on seeing how you do. How do you manage on the 550 days? Don't think I could manage lol

Tues 5th October 1384 (FL)

1 x Summer Fruit Alpen Light Bar & 1 x Choc & Orange ALpen Light Bar (123)

LUNCH
Weight Watchers Chciken Casserole with dumplings & WW Strawberry Tart Yoghurt (299)

This is so far, I'm finding it sooooo much easier calorie counting than trying to work out the WW points put, but as Starlight pointed out to me earlier WW is a form of calorie counting.

So I have still been inputting my food choices on my page on WW and I haven't yet gone over my points :). So I think I will still attend the WW classes as I need that discipline of getting weighed every week and the support there is great, but when I'm shopping use my Calorie Counting Head. Plus theres some really nice receipes shared at my WW group :)

I think the only days I will go over on my WW points is when I have more Calories (due to the Zigzagging) but then again, the points from excercising those days may cancel this out.

Hmmmm we will see :) :)

Been a busy couple of days so will update yesterday and Tuesday later as have it written down :)

But wanted to share the good news :) :)

Lost 2 and a half pounds in my first week in calorie cycling and 7lbs in total over 3 weeks :) soooo chuffed.

Sat 9th October 1692 cals (FL) will carry on with FL as it seemed to work last week. Plus not feeling 100% today so may need some comfort calores today :-(

Not managed to update prevous days as I have lost the paper I wrote things down on :-( ah well will start a fresh today. But been to the gym Thursday and Friday and burnt off 600 calories in total :)

So today I have had so far:-

LUNCH
Homemade soup (with leeks, carrots, butternut squash & some herbs and spices and blended) I think this is free ww yoghurt and large banana (200)

DINNER
1/2 Asda Thin Bolognase Pizza (324) & Diet Coke

869 Cals left - but to be honest I had fish & chips last night after being good all day :-( didn;t eat the full protion but still shouldn't have had it..... soo I'm not using whats left today to hopefully bring back what I went over yesterday :)

Last edited:
Sunday 10th October 1538 cals (FL)

Started off well, but then went to a baby shower and just nibbled so will say I'd probably had a little but more that my daily allowance (hopefully nott too much more)

Monday 11th October 1272 Cals (FL)

WW Cranberry, Raspberry & Orange Cereal Bar & Alpen Fruit & Nut Alpen Bar (201)

Roast Chicken Mugshot, WW Raspberry Tart Yoghurt (260)

SNACKS:
Large Banana (150 cals - guess)
Starwberry & Yoghurt Alpen Bar (120)

Chicken in a tomato Sauce and Roast Veg (500)guess as my MIL made it

-58 over I think :-(

Not good need to get back into checking things instead og guessing.

This week I will be happy if I stay the same this week as I haven't been feeling great so not been 100% in the mood for counting etc....

Yey lost another 2lb :) :) that's 4 and half lb in 2 week on zigzagging :) 9lb in 4 weeks in total :)

So pleased.

Sorry not had chance to post my food diary but been writing it down and not had chance to put it on here. Will do my best to update my food diary on here this coming week :)

Hope your all doing well xx

You have :) x welcome on board huni x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back