LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Welcome Bugface - delighted to have you along - I joined here early January and love the site - finding it inspirational and love the interaction but already fallen off the wagon once! But had ok day 2day so far - how about you?

Hello all!

Haven't been on minimins for a few days, it's a very interesting thread to catch up on!

Fat2go you seem very wise! What you say does make sense!

Upndown sorry to hear your having a tough time at the minute. Stay strong and let your minimins chums keep you going:)

LJ could you post your curry recipe for me? I'm after a quick and easy curry! I am attempting to make one our of the curry book tomorrow.. It takes an hour and a half!! Might make a big batch and freeze some.. Hopefully it's nice hehe

i am going to look for some nice recipes to try, I want them to be cheap, trying to stick to a budget this week. Any ideas are appreciated!

i put on 1.5lbs this week :/ and I don't know why! I have been poorly and not drank enough so putting it down to that. I'm trying smaller portions and lots of fruit and veg this week

P.s

i wish they did slimming world cooking programmes! Just recording Jamie Oliver's new one and thought it's going to make me hungry lol I suppose most recipes can be adapted..

Hello all!

Haven't been on minimins for a few days, it's a very interesting thread to catch up on!

i am going to look for some nice recipes to try, I want them to be cheap, trying to stick to a budget this week. Any ideas are appreciated!

i put on 1.5lbs this week :/ and I don't know why! I have been poorly and not drank enough so putting it down to that. I'm trying smaller portions and lots of fruit and veg this week

I love my spag bog (can make three portions from one small pack of extra lean mince) - SW Scotch Eggs (8 sausages make four of these big bad boys)....Anything Sweet and Sour, whichever meat with rice..I have a great recipe for S & S sauce somewhere, it's just so nice! I'll have a huge free Full English Breakfast tomorrow, which isn't expensive...oh oh and of course Cheesy beans,,,Big tin of Heinz Baked Beanz, 60g Cheddar (hex A + 6 syns) on Hex B toast (toast should have gone cold by time beans/cheese tipped on) .. I grate the cheese and add it to the beans whilst cooking on stove...

You two are making me feel hungry again! Would love to have your sweet and sour sauce recipe, Fat2Go. I am looking up my chicken curry for you CJ.

THis is free and so so so so nice...This recipe makes loads too

1 carton of passata
6 TBSP sweetner
6 TBSP malt vinegar
1/2 pint chicken stock
(soy sauce to taste)

Mix the vinegar with the sweetner.
Put the passata in a pan
Add the vinegar/sweetner mix, to the pan with the passata
Stir.
Add the chicken stock.
Add salt/pepper/soy sauce to taste

I happen to think the Soya Sauce is an important ingredient, I use the light version.

Aha! Found the chicken curry recipe. I don't think I am allowed to put it here and not sure if I am allowed to put links to external sites so...

It is from the Slimming Eats site and it's called Chicken, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry. Really worth making despite the long list of ingredients. I will definitely be making it again.

No prob, was just kidding. :)

I scribbled it on the bottom.

I wonder if it is freezable. Have you tried?

Well I freeze it and I'm still sane...ok, ok that's debatable but that's been debatable long before I started freezing this sauce :)

Thanks for other recipe...

Can't wait to try the S&S sauce recipe. I tried one a few weeks ago that was really bad. It has loads of soy sauce in it and was nothing like the sweet and sour sauce you get with chinese takeaways. That's what I want it to be like.

What sweetener do you all use? I have Splenda in my cupboard that I have used and tastes good. I bought some Truvia last weekend. Haven't tried that yet. The one I can't stand is natural Stevia. It tastes nasty to me. I read somewhere that it does taste bitter to some people. Stevia is used in another sweetener brand that I forgot the name of and it is altered a little and becomes palatable even to those who don't like plain Stevia.

I love my spag bog (can make three portions from one small pack of extra lean mince) - SW Scotch Eggs (8 sausages make four of these big bad boys)....Anything Sweet and Sour, whichever meat with rice..I have a great recipe for S & S sauce somewhere, it's just so nice! I'll have a huge free Full English Breakfast tomorrow, which isn't expensive...oh oh and of course Cheesy beans,,,Big tin of Heinz Baked Beanz, 60g Cheddar (hex A + 6 syns) on Hex B toast (toast should have gone cold by time beans/cheese tipped on) .. I grate the cheese and add it to the beans whilst cooking on stove...

ooh the scotch eggs sound good! How do you make those??

I will try the sweet and sour sauce!

Just thinking.. I have a lot of fish in the freezer.. Would sweet and sour fish be weird or nice?

Back