LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Thanks upndown! I had a gain this week :( so I'm more determined than ever! So I must be organised and plan my meals! I'm taking a leaf out of LJ22s book and batch cooking tomorrow :)

Yes LJ22 is very organised with her batch cooking isn't she - sorry about your gain but we've all been there - lost on my WI day this week - then an undeserved gain next day - so not sure what's going on - know I shdn't weigh so often! Good luck over the weekend - a danger zone for me!

Eewww, the rain!! I wanted to walk to work this morning but it's tippling down out there. Don't want to spend the morning in wet clothes so I will have to take the car. Maybe this afternoon will be the time to dust off my poor neglected Wii and do some indoor exercise.

I look forward to hearing how you are all doing today. Stick to the plan, keep your chins up (hehe the imagery) and, upndown, no sneaky weighing! LOL!

LJ22 - your'e tooooo late with the WI reminder! But I'm back to Weds WI reading of 12st 3.5lbs - so that means at best I've stayed the same since Weds when I've been very careful or that my eyes saw what my brain wanted to see on WI day - either way not good!!

But onwards and downwards eh?! I now have a stinking cold, sore throat and cough - there is an upside - I don't feel like eating - so just had grapefruit & fruit tea for b'fast! The munchies will probably arrive later and I'll be on the chomp for choc!

We had planned a pleasant do-what-we-fancy wkend as we'd had visitors every week since Christmas but don't even feel like lunch out the sofa and blanket are calling!

Yes dust down the WII - I have a few DVDs that need the same treatment. Hope you have a good day whatever you decide to do.

LJ22 - your'e tooooo late with the WI reminder! But I'm back to Weds WI reading of 12st 3.5lbs - so that means at best I've stayed the same since Weds when I've been very careful or that my eyes saw what my brain wanted to see on WI day - either way not good!!

But onwards and downwards eh?! I now have a stinking cold, sore throat and cough - there is an upside - I don't feel like eating - so just had grapefruit & fruit tea for b'fast! The munchies will probably arrive later and I'll be on the chomp for choc!

We had planned a pleasant do-what-we-fancy wkend as we'd had visitors every week since Christmas but don't even feel like lunch out the sofa and blanket are calling!

Yes dust down the WII - I have a few DVDs that need the same treatment. Hope you have a good day whatever you decide to do.

Sorry to to hear your not feeling well Upndown! I know how you feel. I've got a cold I can't seem to get rid of. I was intending to have a nice relaxed weekend, but this morning woke up all motivated! So I've cleaned, shopped and now I will do home cooking. I bought a load of extra lean mince, so will make a few things to freeze with it!

try and avoid the calling of the choc.. Those fruit and veg will help you get better quicker!

Eewww, the rain!! I wanted to walk to work this morning but it's tippling down out there. Don't want to spend the morning in wet clothes so I will have to take the car. Maybe this afternoon will be the time to dust off my poor neglected Wii and do some indoor exercise.

I look forward to hearing how you are all doing today. Stick to the plan, keep your chins up (hehe the imagery) and, upndown, no sneaky weighing! LOL!

it has been raining here all day to! I must get my WII out sometime soon to. Maybe I can do something on there that doesn't involve my poorly foot!

Hi - yes not even choc appeals at the mo' but that could change later - but I've still managed a massive faux pas!!

I like Lidl's fresh baked pumpkin rolls and have been counting them as as HE-B - I had for lunch - I know it's too late but I've just checked and they're 228 cals (you'll prob know that HE-B is 120 cals) so that's a massive mistaker to maker!!

I've eaten several since this latest restart - so that's prob why scales have surprised me the last few days.

As I have a lot to lose - I usually do well in Weeks 1 & 2 and I suppose I lost a lot of fluid those weeks too - but by Wk 3 I need to knuckle down and that inc checking syns etc B4 I eat not 2 weeks later!

Well lesson well and truly learnt and if I'm very good till WI (Weds) I might lose a 1lb this week - which I'll be happy with.

Sorry to to hear your not feeling well Upndown! I know how you feel. I've got a cold I can't seem to get rid of. I was intending to have a nice relaxed weekend, but this morning woke up all motivated! So I've cleaned, shopped and now I will do home cooking. I bought a load of extra lean mince, so will make a few things to freeze with it!

try and avoid the calling of the choc.. Those fruit and veg will help you get better quicker!

I meant to say I'm glad you're feeling better and that you're up and at it - esp as that's a sign you're feeling brighter too.

After my bread 'incident' decided to check my freezer contents whilst my son was here (he's left home now) as I planned to give him anything that was high in syns/too tempting - but he went away empty handed probably because I'd eaten all the naughty stuff!!

So sorry to hear you are poorly, upndown. I know how that can make it hard to stay on plan and not turn to the comfort food. I agree with CJ, fruit and veg will help your recovery. Homemade soup would have been just the ticket with half a pumpkin roll. I am sure you won't be cooking today though. Just take it easy, stay warm, drink lots of fluids. Maybe the stress you have been under the last week or so has reduced your immune system and made you vulnerable to infection. I hope you feel better very soon.

I am trying to get the motivation to go out in the rain to Tesco. I need to shop today rather than tomorrow now as I will be out at a friends for the afternoon and evening meal. In order to avoid having takeaway (its my takeaway friend) I have volunteered to supply the meal. Spag bol is what I will make. Easy to make ahead and transport and heat up. So syn crisis averted and the weekend shall continue on plan. I am determined to see at least a 1.5lb loss on Wednesday.

So far today I have eaten three small apples, a yogurt, soup, a slice of wholemeal bread HexB. Feeling positive! Hope I can spread it out to all of you too. {{{{{{{{{Minimin friends}}}}}}}}

I am trying to get the motivation to go out in the rain to Tesco. I need to shop today rather than tomorrow now as I will be out at a friends for the afternoon and evening meal. In order to avoid having takeaway (its my takeaway friend) I have volunteered to supply the meal. Spag bol is what I will make. Easy to make ahead and transport and heat up. So syn crisis averted and the weekend shall continue on plan. I am determined to see at least a 1.5lb loss on Wednesday.

So far today I have eaten three small apples, a yogurt, soup, a slice of wholemeal bread HexB. Feeling positive! Hope I can spread it out to all of you too. {{{{{{{{{Minimin friends}}}}}}}}

Well done on 2 counts - your food intake and spooking the takeaway ghost (if u get my meaning!) I'm pleased for you - enjoy ur evening!

Upndown, how are you feeling now? Any better? I hope you are being looked after, pandered to, on your sick bed!

it's tomorrow that I am going out for tea. I have been to Tesco and was pleased that I only spent £25 to get everything I need to last until next weekend. The bolognaise sauce for tomorrow is bubbling away in my Intellichef. I have a little mini chopping machine that CJ32 bought me for Christmas (CJ is my daughter :)) and I tried chopping some carrots finely and have added them to the sauce to bump up the superfree content without anyone noticing.

My menu plan is changed a little and I am going to have some of this bolognaise on some rice I froze from a previous meal. Looking forward to eating it! Feeling a bit tired now so the soup will have to wait until tomorrow morning. I just bought the veggies that were on offer. I came home with a big bag of carrots, half a swede, some leeks and onions. Some sort of veggie soup will be produced from those and what I have in the freezer.

Oh and they are selling Easter eggs in Tesco! It never ends.....

Upndown, how are you feeling now? Any better? I hope you are being looked after, pandered to, on your sick bed!

it's tomorrow that I am going out for tea. I have been to Tesco and was pleased that I only spent £25 to get everything I need to last until next weekend. The bolognaise sauce for tomorrow is bubbling away in my Intellichef. I have a little mini chopping machine that CJ32 bought me for Christmas (CJ is my daughter :)) and I tried chopping some carrots finely and have added them to the sauce to bump up the superfree content without anyone noticing.

My menu plan is changed a little and I am going to have some of this bolognaise on some rice I froze from a previous meal. Looking forward to eating it! Feeling a bit tired now so the soup will have to wait until tomorrow morning. I just bought the veggies that were on offer. I came home with a big bag of carrots, half a swede, some leeks and onions. Some sort of veggie soup will be produced from those and what I have in the freezer.

You sound very organised - I like to have food prepared esp when the shop bill is lower than usual! It must be good to have CJ32 on board to chat about SW, food etc. Off to bed now - night, night.

Oh and they are selling Easter eggs in Tesco! It never ends.....

Some of my reply got lost on the way! I wanted to say thx for asking about me - I've rested today but still taking the tablets - I must be ill as I've not got the urge to rush to Tesco's for an easter egg lol!

I hope you are able to take it easy again tomorrow, upndown, or today (if you don't see this until Sunday). How did your food intake go today?

hi - in bed listening to the radio on laptop! yes I can take it easy 2moro - I took vol redundancy 18 months ago so no work for me any more! I was on plan 2day - I've put my meals on my blog today if you want to check lol!

Hi all!

Upndown how are you feeling today? A little better I hope!

I had a busy day batch cooking yesterday,I love cooking now it's so much fun! I made a tasty curry for tea last night! I made a load of bolognese to freeze and some Moroccan meatballs in sauce to freeze. That's some of my meals sorted for the week hehe

How have you all done yesterday and so far today?

Hi all!

Upndown how are you feeling today? A little better I hope!

I had a busy day batch cooking yesterday,I love cooking now it's so much fun! I made a tasty curry for tea last night! I made a load of bolognese to freeze and some Moroccan meatballs in sauce to freeze. That's some of my meals sorted for the week hehe

How have you all done yesterday and so far today?

Hi CJ32 - well you're getting into the swing of cooking - which is great - I find that it really helps to have tasty things to hand to for wen the munchies strike or those days when you don't have the time or the inclination to start peeling onions!

I'm still groggy but had brunch of bacon, egg and mushroom so on track so far! Hope others are doing ok too.

Afternoon all. Yes, I am doing OK too. Go us!

I have baked bread this morning and am about to put 3 litres of soup in the blender. It's not going to all fit in at once! It smells good and I hope it is going to taste good. It will last me for over a week I think. I still have maybe four portions of soup in the freezer to use. I just hope there is room for it all.

Must rush but will be back this evening to hear your updates. Have a great afternoon!

Fat2Go said "Post 16 is interesting where you seem to be making excuses before you've even gotten to your usual group - re the scales being calibrated differently etc. However, I don't see it as getting your excuses in early but more that you find it hard to believe you've done so well and you're succeeding. You know the old thought..'This is me, this is LJ...I don't do well when I'm trying these things, it's only other people who do that well.' Then move on to post 36 where you're rightfully chuffed at losing 2.5lbs - this, interestingly, after being weighed at your usual group where the scales will be more accurate...So why not say 'Oh, I was wrong before, the scales are right and I have done even better than I thought'. ... LJ, when you do fantastic things, you are allowed to be praised because you do deserve it!! "

I know it is about time I responded to this. So I will give it a go.

The reason I was agonising at going back to my usual group was that at the first weigh in at the other group I had lost 6lb and I just didn't believe it. I was convinced the scales must have weighed less than the ones I was weighed on the week before. I mean who loses 6lb in a week, except on their first week maybe. I was trying to persuade myself that it was OK if the scales showed a gain because of that huge calibration difference that I thought there was.

The second half of your paragraph hit home. You are right in guessing that I don't feel I deserve praise, especially from myself. Herein lies the root cause of my excess weight.....

Back