So here is my plan meals for the week..

Mediterranean fish, mash and green beans
Fish and sw chips and mushy peas
Spaghetti bolognese
Moroccan meatballs and rice
Jacket potato, cheese, beans and salad
Curry and rice (from the sw curry book)
Chicken, sw roast potatoes, veg

I'm going to cook upthe bolognese sauce and the meatballs tomorrow and freeze. I'll make a big batch of curry to freeze to, but will have that for tea tomorrow. I need to get better with the batch cooking and get the freezer stocked up with yummy things.

The sw Biriyani is yummy! Easy to make and tasty.

I use Canderel (is that how it's spelt?)

Hard boil 4 eggs, peel shells and let them go cold

Blitz into a million pieces some scan bran

I use 8 low syn sausages - remove skins and use your hands to mix the skinless sausages with all manner of herbs/spices...Kinda each to their own here. You can play it safe at first (Salt/pepper/garlic powder etc) and move on from there- each time you make them

Anyway, once all sausage meat mixed I wet my hands, take a bit of the sausage meat into my palm, place an egg on on meat and then tease the meat around the egg. Once done then roll it in the scan bran.

I cook mine for about 25 mins @ 200 c

They sound good. Going to try them probably next weekend. This weekend I am going to batch cook some bolognaise sauce and some more veggie soup. I am so hooked on homemade soup!

I have an electric saucepan thing called a Morphy Richards Intellichef. It's great for cooking large amounts without having to watch over it. I usually get 6-8 portions from one pot full. That's girl sized portions, Fat2go! I imagine you would need a bit more. I measure out one measuring cup per portion.

Well!! Fat2Go I guess I did ask for that! LOL. Thank you for taking time to write such a comprehensive post. You make some very interesting and very encouraging points. Are you a psychologist or something?

I need a little time to assimilate everything you said and will respond as time allows

lol - My breath is still awaiting, bated :)

. I usually get 6-8 portions from one pot full. That's girl sized portions, Fat2go! I imagine you would need a bit more. I measure out one measuring cup per portion.

Girl or Girlie sized portions lol? If it's girlie then that's about 2 or 3 for me ha!

Hmm yes. You may have to wait until the weekend for the rest. I am getting tired and have work in the morning tomorrow. After that I should have some time to read, think, respond. OK?

Grrr I can't add the emoticons on my ipad. They just don't appear.

Take as long as you need, there's no rush...I'm just interested to hear your thoughts..

I have the weekend off, thank God...I may just do s*d all this weekend... :) Don't work too hard though!

I use Canderel (is that how it's spelt?)

Hard boil 4 eggs, peel shells and let them go cold

Blitz into a million pieces some scan bran

I use 8 low syn sausages - remove skins and use your hands to mix the skinless sausages with all manner of herbs/spices...Kinda each to their own here. You can play it safe at first (Salt/pepper/garlic powder etc) and move on from there- each time you make them

Anyway, once all sausage meat mixed I wet my hands, take a bit of the sausage meat into my palm, place an egg on on meat and then tease the meat around the egg. Once done then roll it in the scan bran.

I cook mine for about 25 mins @ 200 c

they sound yummy!! How many syns do you make them??

They sound good. Going to try them probably next weekend. This weekend I am going to batch cook some bolognaise sauce and some more veggie soup. I am so hooked on homemade soup!

I have an electric saucepan thing called a Morphy Richards Intellichef. It's great for cooking large amounts without having to watch over it. I usually get 6-8 portions from one pot full. That's girl sized portions, Fat2go! I imagine you would need a bit more. I measure out one measuring cup per portion.

I fancy making some soup! That will help me get more super free in! I could make it in my intelichef!

they sound yummy!! How many syns do you make them??

2 Syns each roughly, depending on the sausages you use of course....2 of these are enough for me and I'm a big lad!

I quite like them crispy so I cook them, let them go cold and then re heat them in the oven for 20+ mins @ 200c but that's just me..They are just as nice cold as they are hot too...I could live on these for quite some time lol.

So here is my plan meals for the week..

Mediterranean fish, mash and green beans
Fish and sw chips and mushy peas
Spaghetti bolognese
Moroccan meatballs and rice
Jacket potato, cheese, beans and salad
Curry and rice (from the sw curry book)
Chicken, sw roast potatoes, veg

I'm going to cook upthe bolognese sauce and the meatballs tomorrow and freeze. I'll make a big batch of curry to freeze to, but will have that for tea tomorrow. I need to get better with the batch cooking and get the freezer stocked up with yummy things.

The sw Biriyani is yummy! Easy to make and tasty.

Your plan sounds great - seems like a few of us will be having fish, chips and peas - oooooh I love SW!! Enjoy your meals and good luck with your WI

I saw a SW scotch egg demo on Youtube. I am tempted to try them too.

I can vouch for the scotch eggs - they are lovely but difficult not to eat the whole batch - so I cook them in small quantities - I know that's not very eco friendly and that's just greedy me!!

I can vouch for the scotch eggs - they are lovely but difficult not to eat the whole batch - so I cook them in small quantities - I know that's not very eco friendly and that's just greedy me!!

Then there is a risk for me too! Perhaps one or two cooked alongside another meal when the oven is on would work best to limit my intake. Mmm I can almost taste them. Scotch egg dipped in brown sauce. It's making my mouth water.

Then there is a risk for me too! Perhaps one or two cooked alongside another meal when the oven is on would work best to limit my intake. Mmm I can almost taste them. Scotch egg dipped in brown sauce. It's making my mouth water.

Scotch egg and sw chips... Hehe I can see scotch eggs in all of our futures lol

Your plan sounds great - seems like a few of us will be having fish, chips and peas - oooooh I love SW!! Enjoy your meals and good luck with your WI

Thanks upndown! I had a gain this week :( so I'm more determined than ever! So I must be organised and plan my meals! I'm taking a leaf out of LJ22s book and batch cooking tomorrow :)

Back