LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Evening chums :)

What a beautiful day today has been! I hope it has been the same for all of you to. I have sat in the garden soaking up some rays for a few hours, watching the outdoor cat happily bouncing about. She loves it when we sit in the garden, she comes over to see what we are doing and stays pottering about. I then got inspired by LJ, it popped up on my phone that she had done a nice walk. So I got my trainers on and went for a fairly fast walk round the block, it didn't record on my app. But I re traced my route in the car and it's 1.8 miles. I then nipped to the shop (in the car) to get a few bits. Came home did the house work, now making tea.. Phew lol

I agree with you all, the 24/7 support here is great, I love reading how your days have been, what nice things your trying, recipes, and ideas about why we "were" the way we were eating wise. I think we are all getting a lot out of this. It's out own support group!

So I went out to the dog racing last night, I had a few ciders. I didn't manage to eat there as it was soooo busy! The queue was about 50 people long all night. I did end up having a huge mc donalds burger and chips on the way home.. It did have salad in lol! Oh well I'm hoping the walk balanced that out today. I did win £2.90 on a doggie, it was called tropical breeze, I thought that's a winning name if ever I heard one!

Todays food..

breakfast scrambled egg, beans and sausages (4syns), grilled tomato, 2 rashers of bacon.

lunch banana and grapes with natural yogurt and honey (1syn)

tea sticky bbq chicken (maggi cook in the bag 2.5 syns) salad, beet root, new potatoes and mayo (1)

maggi things are on offer in sainsburys, every flavour and different fun things. So I stocked up!

teas ready!

Hi - well so glad ur still posting to us with ur big win!! U've had a tropical breeze weekend then - with ur winning woof-woof and yr sunbathing stint then a walk in the sun.

Another good food day - agree it's great reporting back to one another - and keeps me for one on my toes!

Hi - Hope everyone has had a good day? LJ u seem quiet - hope all is well or soon will be.

A busy day here between the generations - 12 year old Izzy stayed the night then came to my mother in laws to help with her food and to keep her company - Wales lost to England in the Six Nations Rugby - well done to England but boo hoo for Wales!

Managed to fit in a 45 min walk in the lovely weather which CJ enjoyed - hope Mo, LJ and others did too?

Cooked SW cheese scones it was a different recipe to LJ's as she said they were dry and needed an egg - but this cooking novice needs to follow an exact recipe as I wdn't be able to judge the consistency like LJ!

They're supposed to be 1 HEB but I even got that wrong as I bought low fat cottage cheese not fat free - only 1.5 syns for the pot and recipe made 12 scones so as I've not used up my syns for most of the week will let that pass (and sharing the scones here!) Think I will separate the eggs and whisk the whites into soft peaks (learnt from brownies recipe) to make them rise more next time. I added some mustard to the mixture. Very nice they were too - here's the link if u fancy them - Diets and Riots: Slimming World Cheese Scones Syn Free!

Also made SW choc brownies again - this time with the lowest syn upndown additions(25g chopped dried apricots 1 HEB and 25g chopped nuts 1HEB) from my experiment last week - I didn't like the topping so didn't make it this time. They seem to be going down well here - so here's the link - Pretty and Polished: Slimming World Brownies

Hope everyone has an on plan day 2moro - Weds WI is fast coming up! Today's food:

b'fast - banana and 1 tsp g. syrup (1 syn)

lunch - pot & leek soup - SW cheese scone (1 HEA for 12 - so will count that in today and rest of the week will be free)
SW brownie (1 syn) 2/3 berries + yog (using 2 HEBs today for the 12 brownies - so rest of them will be just 1 syn - yay!)

Tea - chicken, swede, parsnip, broc, carrot, 50 ml gravy (1 syn)
SW brownie 1 syn and chopped banana (2/3 of plate) topped with 1 tsp nutella (1 syn) with bit of toffee yog and banana yog, drizzled with 1 tsp g syrup (1syn) divine for 2 syns!!

Treat - 1 Lindt choc ball - 4 syns :eek:

TOTAL SYNS = 10

drinks - fruit teas, water, 2 coffees - part HEA ss milk

Hello All ( CJ I liked your 'Chums). Today was lovely wasnt it? I travelled back and hoovered as they hoover is going tomorrow. I called in for some food at Sainsburys and got very excited when I found a sausage with a low enough fat contenr for me to eat. They were Sainsburys taste the difference beef and cracked pepper sausages. They had 3.7g of fat per sausage which was a lot less than all of the others. Mind you they were tge only beef sausages there. I wonder how many syns the are?
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch-2 sausages, mashed potato, spinach , peas and gravy. mango. Tea- 4 snack ajacks (1.2g fat)The sausages were great. How is everyone?

Hello All ( CJ I liked your 'Chums). Today was lovely wasnt it? I travelled back and hoovered as they hoover is going tomorrow. I called in for some food at Sainsburys and got very excited when I found a sausage with a low enough fat contenr for me to eat. They were Sainsburys taste the difference beef and cracked pepper sausages. They had 3.7g of fat per sausage which was a lot less than all of the others. Mind you they were tge only beef sausages there. I wonder how many syns the are?
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch-2 sausages, mashed potato, spinach , peas and gravy. mango. Tea- 4 snack ajacks (1.2g fat)The sausages were great. How is everyone?

Hi - glad u've had the good weather and an on plan day (pity about the hoovering tho' good riddance to it 2moro!) I'll post a funny story about mine one day!

I googled the sausage and they're 2 syns each - so that's good - if u want to work out the syn value of things there's usually 1 syn to every 20 calories unless the food is very high in fat (but u won't be eating that kind of food in any case!)

Hope u have a good Monday!

lol I forgt to mention I was talking to the girl on the checkout . She was doing SW and I recommended this website.

lol I forgt to mention I was talking to the girl on the checkout . She was doing SW and I recommended this website.

gosh u just can't getaway from SW followers! Did u recommend this thread to her LOL!

LJ and anyone else who's interested!

I've just been looking at the SW handbook (the one giving syn values etc) and saw an explanation of the science behind food optimising on pp 51-53 written by Jacquie Lavin, SW's Head of Nutrition - and as they say - I thought of u!

Ooh I shall have a read of that Upndown!

Mo I love sausages to. LJ recommended the sainsburys be good to yourself ones in the freezer aisle. They are tasty 1.5 syn per sausages, I just googled it lol also I saw they do extra lean Cumberland ones for 1/2 syn!! I will be looking for those. They must be very low fat.

I'm glad everyone had an enjoyable Sunday. I feel tired now after my busy day. I have been taking multivitamins the last 2 days and they have 100% of my daily vitamin b12 in, I do feel better for taking them so ill carry on with those.

i had pudding of chopped banana and grapes with natural yogurt and with tsp honey (1syn) yummy.

funny enough Ive just been on a thread where they were saying how good those 1/2 syn sausages were. I didnt see them but next time I will try and find them.

Morning friends. So many posts yesterday. Nice!

After I had my dinner yesterday my calorie count was only 854 so I made the mistake of deciding i must have something more before bedtime. I had a peach and kefir smoothie. I forced it down and made myself feel ill. Too much in my stomach. I went to bed early as I felt so bad. It was like a brick in my stomach and I felt sick and ill. Too ill to even post on here. It lasted about a couple of hours and then went off. I will not be doing that again.

I am enjoying recording my food intake but I am going to use the calorie total for interest only and not feel pressured to follow any sort of daily goal. SW has worked for me all this time so I must not mess with it!

The other thing I am doing which I know will help motivate me to move more is wearing my Fitbit One. It's like a fancy pedometer that synchronises data with a website via my phone. It also records your sleep pattern. Clever little device! I got it a couple of years ago but it was gathering dust in a drawer and it is now doing it's job again. :)

CJ and I use the app called Map My Walk as well. It records route, distance, pace etc of your walks and alerts your 'friends' when you finish a walk. It's fun and motivating.

My food yesterday:

Breakfast: yogurt and honey (1 syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: leek & pot soup (I made a potful) No bread as I am trying to be wheatfree for awhile
Dinner: smash, lamb stew, spoonful of philly light on the potato (2 syns)
Evening snack: banana, honey and kefir smoothie (kefir HexA, honey 1 syn)

I see now I had no HexB and sitting here with my SW book I realise the kefir can be my HexA.
So my HexB could be some cooked or tinned fruit or some muesli with my morning yogurt. That might be a better balance of food over the day.

Upndown, thank you for the cheese scone recipe link. It looks like a nicer recipe than the one I used. I will be trying it soon.

And yes, I did get out for a walk in the sunshine yesterday. Just one mile because my knee is pretty painful. Every little helps!

Mo, well done for spreading the minimins word! I wonder if we will have a new member among us soon.

CJ have a nice day at work today. Let me know how it goes. Will you be walking at lunchtime again?

Anyone else reading this, have a great day too and please join in with this thread if you want to. Everyone is welcome. :)

My appetite has also reduced greatly. Is it maybe that our bodies are more satisfied and getting better nutrition because we are eating good things rather than junk? This site is also a factor most definitely. I live being able to come here anytime I like and read or post and feel like part of a virtual family of supportive people.

I am cooking today too. My soup is in the intellichef. I am sitting with a glass of cold fizzy water (drinking slowly so as not to hurt my stomach) and watching Jamie Oliver cooking some yummy looking dishes. In a minute I will start a loaf of bread in the breadmaker for this week's lunches.

Yes I agree that eating whole foods rather than junk is going to be more filling/nutritious coupled with an all day awareness/recording what we're eating and the power of supportive minimins friends - a powerful combination!! Long may it continue for us all!

Good afternoon all!

Well I had the afternoon off work today, went for lunch with my grandma and aunt. They asked for a suggestion of where to go. I made the mistake of picking an all you can eat buffet restaurant! I had boiled rice, a little bit of tofu curry (thought it was chicken lol), Beetroot, some little lamb kebab chunks, pasta, Onion bhajis oops yes all on one plate lol sounds worse than it was lol Then the worlds tiniest cheesecake and some Ice cream. So hopefully it won't be to bad.

I got home then just been for a 2 mile walk, burnt 200 calories :) that should make a dent in the lunch.

Breakfast - mango and yogurt

Snack banana and a little mango

Lunch - see above lol

I like the walking app. My routes are usually a little odd lol I'd been round the block and that was only 1.3 miles so I kept walking round bits of road until I hit 2 miles! Would of carried on and done another lap, but I was wearing my boots and my little toes were starting to rub.

I feel a little hungry.. Might nip to the shop and stock up on some fruit. Haven't really done a shop this week. Nipped for a few bits yesterday. I have lots in the cupboards and freezer.

Eww I got home to Terri cat sitting on the window sill looking pleased with herself... She'd got me a big dead mouse :s i got rid of that, shut her cat flap.... Then a min ago I heard snoopy making funny noises... Went to see what she was doing and she had found a frog lol she was patting him with her paw not sure what to do with it lol I have now reunited him with the pond.. Phew I hope there's ok more lurkers In the kitchen!! Hehe

Hi All - I hope everyone's had a good day? Strange day - a heart wrenching funeral, gas mains being dug up on our road and main thingy (I'm not a techy!) and lots of bits and bobs plus 2 very strange e-mails! So food hasn't been as easy to organise today - but think I've just about stayed on SE - see what u think!

brunch - 1oz of cheese HEA, yog, banana = 2/3 of plate I hope!

mid a'noon snack - 2 Ryvita half a HEB, 1 Laughing Cow Triangle part HEA, Alpen light part HEB - don't need superfree on HEBs - whew

tea - not hungry but thought I shd eat - tiny bowl of noodles with SW curry with parsnip, carrot, onion, tomatoes & mushy peas

Syns: marshmallow sweets 3 syns, SW brownie 1 syn

Total 4 syns

Fruit teas, water with lemon today for a change!

Walked about a mile

Hi all - hope everyone's had a good day in every sense?

Strange day for me - a heart wrenching funeral, gas mains being dug up on our road and main thingy (I'm not a techy!) so been making hot drinks and sharing my SW brownies with the men and lots of bits and bobs plus 2 very strange e-mails! So food hasn't been as easy to organise today - but think I've just about stayed on SE - see what u think!

mid a'noon snack - 2 Ryvita half a HEB, 1 Laughing Cow Triangle part HEA, Alpen light part HEB - don't need superfree on HEBs - whew

tea - not hungry but thought I shd eat - tiny bowl of noodles with SW curry with parsnip, carrot, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, & mushy peas

Total 4 syns

Walked about a mile.

Hi all - hope everyone's had a good day in every sense?

Strange day for me - a heart wrenching funeral, gas mains being dug up on our road and main thingy (I'm not a techy!) so been making hot drinks and sharing my SW brownies with the men and lots of bits and bobs plus 2 very strange e-mails! So food hasn't been as easy to organise today - but think I've just about stayed on SE - see what u think!

tea - not hungry but thought I shd eat - tiny bowl of noodles with SW curry with parsnip, carrot, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, & mushy peas

Total 4 syns

Walked about a mile.

Sorry to hear you've not had the best day :( I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Well done for sticking to plan, it notice no freddo's in sight lately! Look at those syns 4! Maybe we can start all sharing syns lol

Did you just have the cheese on its own? Not that there's anything wrong with that I could eat cheese all day long lol cheese and grapes.. Cheese and cucumber.. Cheese and pineapple!

Hello All. Yes me too Cj I love cheese too. Sorry to hear youddnt have a good day Upndown. The weather was wonderful today, just like a summers day. Beautiful! I had a busy day with loading vans and ringing peope for the move. I had to town for more packing boxes and if course I didnt sleep well last night. I even wentoutside and washed all of the windows.
Food today- 2 toast ( malted Danish has the lowest fat content), lunch- 2 beef and cracked pepper sausages, spinach and mashed potato. blackberries and mulker light yoghurt. Butternut squash and sweet potato soup and cherries to follow.

Sorry to hear you've not had the best day :( I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Well done for sticking to plan, it notice no freddo's in sight lately! Look at those syns 4! Maybe we can start all sharing syns lol

Did you just have the cheese on its own? Not that there's anything wrong with that I could eat cheese all day long lol cheese and grapes.. Cheese and cucumber.. Cheese and pineapple!

Thanks - yes I ate the cheese on its own really but actually with a yog and hoped the banana wd class as s/free 2/3! I was having a funny morning and somehow ignored the rest of plentiful s/free food here.

I'll get back on properly 2moro.

Funny u shd mention Freddo's - Poppy offered me half of hers today - but I seem to find some choc has a waxy texture recently and I don't fancy it as much. But that Lindt choc ball yesterday was lovely.

Back