LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Well stuck to it today. Not hungry but want to eat so have decided it s bed time. In the morning will pop to sw club to see some of my old SW mates. Used to always go on a Friday but I go to Zumba Gold for 11am so don`t so often on a Friday now.

Will be good to catch up. After Zumba T in the local garden centre. No chips for me tho`. Then off to get some chicken and eggs in Lidles. Will need to take some stuff tomy sons house next week. Must make the effort to walk the dog while the children are at school.

Off to bed before I start eating again

Yes know what u mean about the bedtime munchies - well done for just going to bed!

I like Zumba too - but not been for ages!! And walking the dog will help too - do u find that eating and exercise go hand in hand somehow? I find if I'm doing one - I can manage the other somehow!

See ur planning for ur time away - I think that's the key to Slimming World - takes time but worth it - best not to leave anything to chance!!

Good morning everyone. The weekend is almost here. The main thing that means for me is that i am one week closer to the day my life changes completely (for the better). I have a busy work day today so it will go quickly and hoping I don't have to work late tonight.

I am going to stop having muesli for a day or two at least because the wheat in it is causing my tummy to bloat and it's uncomfortable and unpleasant so it's back to just yogurt and honey for breakfast followed mid morning by a banana on the go.

I am planning to have a kefir smoothie for lunch. At the weekend I think the kefir smoothie will be a late breakfast meal. Got to rethink my meal plan for next week.

When it comes to dinners I am eating the food from my freezer. It's full and needs using up to maintain the turnover of food. I also have enough soup for at least another week so I don't need to do any batch cooking this weekend. Not that I mind cooking. I do enjoy it, especially if it involves trying out new recipes.

I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing and wish everybody a lovely Friday. Stay strong and on plan, folks. Hup 2, 3, 4....!!! :)

I've been trying to do it for ages - but failed and was only partially successful yesterday cos I wanted to put on the 0.5, 1.0 stone award plus the Club 10!

I had started a post with the link but when I checked it, it didn't work - just again now - but failed :sigh: will try over the weekend....

The address was something like - http//www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...sw-awards.html - I can't read my scribble and can't relevant find the thread either! I've played about with the blanks but nothing comes up - perhaps we have an IT genius or crossword solver amongst us!!

Friday and a lovely sunny day. Happy Friday everyone. I am feeling good today after mu successful eating day yesterday.

Had egg & beans on toast for brekkie, had a coffee with the girls and now off to Zumba. (more food later)

Had T at garden centre after Zumba and popped home for some soup as I need to pop to Lidl to get some eggs and chicken.

Now I am going to have some frozen berries & yogurt. As this is gong to be a green day I am going to cook some rice pudding.

Gonna make my pasta bake for dinner tonight.

I made the pasta bake and a + b cheese. It was nice but ate too much

Last edited:
I've been trying to do it for ages - but failed and was only partially successful yesterday cos I wanted to put on the 0.5, 1.0 stone award plus the Club 10!

I had started a post with the link but when I checked it, it didn't work - so just tried again now - but failed as I can't read my scribble - will try over the weekend.

Here's what I can decipher from my scribble - the dots are what I can't read and I've tried every combination I can think of to fill the gaps - p'raps someone will be able to solve the puzzle?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world...sw-awards.html

I just want to introduce myself properly. Its upndowns fault Im here! Please feel free to tell me to bugger off if you like!

LJ Im going to take my time getting through all your posts 73 pages is quite a lot!! From your first post and looking at your now statistic you have really done amazingly. Well done, bet you are reaking in the benefits of your weight loss. Very inspirational.:D

Im very much a yoyoer too. I'm a little younger than you guys but have had a lot of ups n downs (no punn inteanded) within the last 10 years putting me at a mental age of 60 already!! (It dont help I married and older man by 19 years!!) Anyway not planning to bore you but hope to follow your journey and pick on tips along the way for myself.

You have the greatest support in upndown, certainly putting me on the straight and narrow so far. ;)

Right I best get reading...

Have a nice day all, if you don't know me you soon will...:)

I just want to introduce myself properly. Its upndowns fault Im here! Please feel free to tell me to bugger off if you like!

LJ Im going to take my time getting through all your posts 73 pages is quite a lot!! From your first post and looking at your now statistic you have really done amazingly. Well done, bet you are reaking in the benefits of your weight loss. Very inspirational.:D

Im very much a yoyoer too. I'm a little younger than you guys but have had a lot of ups n downs (no punn inteanded) within the last 10 years putting me at a mental age of 60 already!! (It dont help I married and older man by 19 years!!) Anyway not planning to bore you but hope to follow your journey and pick on tips along the way for myself.

You have the greatest support in upndown, certainly putting me on the straight and narrow so far. ;)

Hey Bubble - don't go blaming me - u asked about my diary and I told u........lol! Good to see u here!

LJ - I think I'll have to charge commission to these new guys - I'll share the proceeds with you!!

Last edited:
Hi Upndown Ive been looking for you need inspiration for SE. Im subbing if thats ok and will have a read back in a while.

Oh and I use this link for awards if this helps. http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/313347-sw-awards.html

Hi - and thanks for the link - will have another go at the weekend - I'm sure LJ will agree to let u off the commission charge for giving us that link lol!

You'll have seen LJ's welcome by now - and I'm sure u'll enjoy the banter here!

Last edited:
Bubble, a big welcome to our thread. Lovely to have you here. Please make yourself at home!

Doreen, you were very upbeat this morning. It's good to hear such positive words after your struggle recently. How did your day go? Do you have a SW recipe for rice pudding. I love rice pudding but haven't eaten it since being on this road.

Upndown, CJ, Mo, Kay, hope your day went well. I look forward to some chatter this evening. :)

I am making dinner and will be back shortly.

Last edited:

Bubble, anybody, any age welcome here. CJ32 is my daughter so you see we aren't all 'mature' ladies! LOL. Anywho, however old you get your brain doesn't age. I am sure the others of my age will confirm that we all still feel about 20. It's just that our bodies are degrading!

Thank you for your kind words about my weight loss. I can't believe where I am already. The time has gone so fast and suddenly I am 2.5st lighter and loving it.

I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror yesterday (I don't have one in my flat). I looked objectively at my reflection. I think I am still as wide but when I stood sideways my front-to-back view is definitely narrower. I was pleased with that! It is such a long slog, this weight loss thing. I sometimes feel impatient for goal, but then I remind myself how good the journey is. I am already reaping the rewards of getting almost half my extra weight off, and I have met some really great people here on Minimins. Who better to share the journey with than like minded people going through the same issues? The support here is amazing and I hope I can give back as much as I receive.

So stick around, join in, and benefit from this group of lovely people. Sometimes we are frivolous, sometimes we discuss serious issues. It's a good mix. Before we know it we will all be discussing maintaining issues. Imagine that!

Good Evening All. A busy day again. Loading up crates and boxes travelling and unloading again. Of course I didnt sleep properly so Im really sleepy tonight. The house sale problems should be resolved by the middle of next weeek if it is going to be resolved. It really is torture.
Food today- 2 toast, Lunch 4 rice cakes with a marmite and 1 with blue laughing cow. Tea- microwaved sea bass, golden rice with corn, carrots and peas. I hope to go swimming in the morning so I should be more cheerful tomorrow.

Thanx for my lovely warm welcome. Lovely to be here. Im still going through past posts might be days b4 im fully up to date. :p
You're all very inspiring to date. Keep going everyone. We will be chatting about maintaining one day soon. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am feeling more upbeat than I was LJ. Had another good day today. A friend from my SW group rang me today as she had heard how bad I have felt. That was really nice of her. Also as I am looking after the grandchildren Tues to Sat and can`t get on minis on any other computer and will be out of touch, she has invited me to ring her if my resolve goes. Thank you for your support.

Rice pudding recipe free on EE & Green

For a smallish amount I use

1/2 cup measure of pudding rice - rinsed a couple of times in cold water to get starch off.
1.1/2 cups cold water
granulated sweetner to taste - I just tip it in - level tbsn
1/2 or 1 tsp vanilla essence if you remember. Just made some again and for 1/2 cup rice I used the lid of thr essence jar and used 1 lid

Put all in a saucepan and bring to the boil then simmer till most of water gone, then I sometimes put some cold milk in (depending if have any left) not necessary really.

I like it very much hot on red berries - thawed a lttle. Or let it go cold. It is rice pudding you can pick up then.

It is nice in yogurt cold as a snack.
I have made it with a cup of rice and it makes quite a bit, but I can`t leave it in fridge for tomorrow, I would eat it all.
Try it, very nice

Last edited:
I am feeling more upbeat than I was LJ. Had another good day today. A friend from my SW group rang me today as she had heard how bad I have felt. That was really nice of her. Also as I am looking after the grandchildren Tues to Sat and can`t get on minis on any other computer and will be out of touch, she has invited me to ring her if my resolve goes. Thank you for your support.

1/2 cup measure of pudding rice - rinsed a couple of times in cold water to get starch off.
1.1/2 cups cold water
1/2 or 1 tsn vanilla essence if you remember

Put all in a saucepan and bring to the boil then simmer till most of water gone, then I sometimes put some cold milk in (depending if have any left) not necessary really.

I like it very much hot on red berries - thawed a lttle. Or let it go cold. It is rice pudding you can pick up then.

I have made it with a cup of rice and it makes quite a bit, but I can`t leave it in fridge for tomorrow, I would eat it all.
Try it, very nice

Pooh tat sounds yummy! I am going to add this to my "to try" list :)

1.1/2 cups cold water
1/2 or 1 tsn vanilla essence if you remember

Try it, very nice

Sounds good. I will print it out and give it a try. It's great to hear you are doing well. You are on the way again, Doreen. Those scales will be showing a loss next week!

I would love to help you sort out the minimins prob if you want me to. Just describe the problem and I may be able to give you the answer so you don't have to be incommunicado.

Good Evening All. A busy day again. Loading up crates and boxes travelling and unloading again. Of course I didnt sleep properly so Im really sleepy tonight. The house sale problems should be resolved by the middle of next weeek if it is going to be resolved. It really is torture.
Food today- 2 toast, Lunch 4 rice cakes with a marmite and 1 with blue laughing cow. Tea- microwaved sea bass, golden rice with corn, carrots and peas. I hope to go swimming in the morning so I should be more cheerful tomorrow.

Mo, you are having a tough time. Well done for staying on the ball. Keep your eye on the prize at the end of this struggle. Hopefully next week will hold really good news about your house sale. Your food is looking good and a loss is on the cards for you again next week.

With a bit of luck you will sleep well tonight from the tiredness and the exercise. Then you have the swimming in the morning to boost you further. Well done, you! :)

Evening chums old and new :)

Lots of new faces this week, Upndown have you been out promoting again ;) hehe

I leave you all for 1 day and you've all gone sticker crazy! I'm jealous I want stickers! I have realised I'm only 1/2lb off my club 10 and 1.5 off my 1 stone award.. This week is gonna be the week!

Very very busy day again, work is so busy for me at the minute. I have spreadsheets and power points coming out of ears lol so I'm glad it's the weekend :) I managed to get in a nice 1 mile walk at lunchtime, the sun was shining. I'm enjoying my lunchtime walks. My usual lunch buddy doesn't really like exercise unless it's wandering round shops lol but she was busy today, so I made the most of the opportunity ;) I plan to go for a walk/ maybe a slow run tomorrow morning with my friend, there's a lovely big park I suppose you would call it, with big lakes and cows and ducks, so we will have a walk round there. I can use my new app track the distance. Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow LJ hehe

Mo glad you will have your house issues resolved by next week. I bet you will be pleased to be in your new place and all sorted and unpacked. Moving is so stressful. You are doing so well to stay motivated! I bet the swimming helps to de stress you, it's so relaxing.

Upndown I bought some more caramel freddos yesterday.. Hehe haven't had one yet, they are in the cupboard waiting for me. I have had syn quota for today so no freddo until tomorrow.

Bubble welcome! :) you will be there for a while catching up on all those posts! Lol I hope your enjoying and finding helpful things along your way.

Back