LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

I usually live mostly on coffee as long as the milk doesn`t run out. I do have a couple of pints of sugar free squash during the course of the day. Not too much in the morning if going out though. I do like fizzy water better than the plain. Usually if I want water I keep some tap water in the fridge. Economy drive I`m afraid.

My super Saturday will be spritzing the 3 bedrooms upstairs.

My little neice (10) got 72 words right in her sponsered spelling. Well done Lucy.

Thanks for your welcome Mo.

Todays food.

Breakfast: kefir smoothie (hexa) with mango and strawberries, 1 tsp honey (1 syn)
Lunch: homemade veg soup
Dinner: brown rice, chicken chasseur
Desert: plain yogurt, one large strawberry chopped
Evening treat: one large glass of white wine (9 syns)

Total 10 syns, 945 calories

A text book day LJ!!

Not sure about this one. I have a weird opposite thing. My brain thinks I am much slimmer than I am and when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I am always shocked at how fat I am.

3.5 stone is a brilliant achievement. You have done so well! I saw a photo of you taken when you went to the llama farm last year and I can really tell how much you have lost. You looked so slim when I saw you at christmas and now you are even slimmer!

I have that feeling too sometimes - the only way I can tell is if I'm with someone - say with friends when trying clothes on in shops or hubby when I put something on to go out - they're too kind to say anything but their faces say it all - it's only when I have that second glance in the mirror - that I agree!

I usually live mostly on coffee as long as the milk doesn`t run out. I do have a couple of pints of sugar free squash during the course of the day. Not too much in the morning if going out though. I do like fizzy water better than the plain. Usually if I want water I keep some tap water in the fridge. Economy drive I`m afraid.

My super Saturday will be spritzing the 3 bedrooms upstairs.

My little neice (10) got 72 words right in her sponsered spelling. Well done Lucy.

Thanks for your welcome Mo.

I don't think I'm mean but I begrudge paying for expensive bottled water! Well done niece. Hope u have a good day after doing the bedrooms!

Morning all. Just popping on to say have a great Saturday. Stay on plan, drink loads of water, let's get a nice loss this coming week. :)

On the subject of water, I really like fizzy water. To me it tastes as good as any lemonade. Not so keen on plain, still water. I find it hard to motivate myself to drink it that way. What do you all think? Is fizzy water acceptable or not a good idea?

Hi - I agree - I have to remind myself to drink water - find I drink more if I refill a bottle and keep it with me - altho' I've heard u shdn't re-use them - I've just googled that and Cancer Uk say it's ok to re-use them if u wash them & let them air dry - unless their condition has deteriorated (like with a hole do they mean lol!)

I can't comment on fizzy water cos I'm not keen but googled that too - here's the link -
Water and drinks - Live Well - NHS Choices

I know I shd drink more - but it's funny that I rarely feel thirsty - I wonder if that's cos I eat a fair bit of fruit & veg?

Looking forward to hearing others' thoughts - enjoy ur day!

Last edited:
Not sure about this one. I have a weird opposite thing. My brain thinks I am much slimmer than I am and when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I am always shocked at how fat I am.

3.5 stone is a brilliant achievement. You have done so well! I saw a photo of you taken when you went to the llama farm last year and I can really tell how much you have lost. You looked so slim when I saw you at christmas and now you are even slimmer!

Ur looking v slim from here LJ with ur stickers - how about a slimmer of the week x how many times to finish off the look? LoL

My day was pretty good yesterday. The pasta bake I made should maybe have been for 2 days. I ate some for dinner then had the rest later. Been up since 6am as tummy feels rather full and uncomfortable and unfortunately my loo is downstairs - Sorry = too much info.

Going to see one of my brothers today and my great neice as she did a sponsered spelling competition yesterday and I have to pay my dues. He does bacon sandwiches Saturday after shopping so I will take my own bread. Yes he cuts the fat off too & has skimmed milk ;).

As I am up early I have done the washing too.

Enjoy ur visit and :clap: for taking ur own bread!

Foods like that just call so loudly to me from wherever they are that I end up eating them to just stop the constant chatter! I suppose I am lucky that I live alone and can keep temptation out of my house. I am not craving anything anymore. None of the things I used to eat regularly. Crisps, pringles, biscuits, haribo sweets, cakes, sandwiches, cheese, egg custard tarts.... The list goes on. They all leave me kind of cold now. Ambivalent. That list doesn't even make my mouth water. What has happened to me??? Have I turned into some boring old health food nut? My idea of a treat is a thick, juicy kefir smoothie!

I know exactly what u mean - but don't have ur confidence (yet) that I won't revert to the 'bad' old days & ways!

Hello Everybody, Ive just been reading all the posts since I last posted. Thank you for your kind and encouraging thoughts with the move and the diet. You really are keeping me going. Swimming soon- lovely. I slept like a log last night. I hope everyone has a super Saturday. A special hello to Nanny Doreen and Bubble.

Hi - I've missed ur posts but realise that ur busy and having a tough time - glad u slept better so hopefully u'll feel better too - enjoy ur swim get those endorphins going - u'll be high as a kite after 80+ lengths I shd think>!

I still think ur doing amazingly well to keep on plan with all that's going on in ur life - there's been times in my life when I turned to choc when I broke a finger nail! Hope to 'see' u later!

Last edited:
Hello Everybody, Ive just been reading all the posts since I last posted. Thank you for your kind and encouraging thoughts with the move and the diet. You really are keeping me going. Swimming soon- lovely. I slept like a log last night. I hope everyone has a super Saturday. A special hello to Nanny Doreen and Bubble.

Thanks and hope ur day goes well too.

Morning all,

Well I have had a busy and productive morning. Thought I'd pop in and say hello!

i was up early, I have half tidied the spare room, took a load of things to the tip! Cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. 2nd load of washing in... Phew! Just had lunch and having a sit down, I will be going for a walk soon, the sun is shining! Me and my friend got crossed wires about our walk this morning lol I was waiting for her to say if she needed picking up and she read my message as I am picking her up... So I got a phone call from her wondering where I was lol we decided we were both now busy doing other things so would give it a miss!

Breakfast grapes and plum

Lunch omlette with bacon, cheese (hexa) beans and salad leaves and cucumber

LJ I am not keen on fizzy water, I tend to have sugar free squash fill up a bottle and try and drink that. I am better at drinking at work as it's there, than when I'm home. I will try!

Upndown I hope you and your hubby managed to work out a way round your 2 places at one time problem.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Morning all,

Well I have had a busy and productive morning. Thought I'd pop in and say hello!

i was up early, I have half tidied the spare room, took a load of things to the tip! Cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. 2nd load of washing in... Phew! Just had lunch and having a sit down, I will be going for a walk soon, the sun is shining! Me and my friend got crossed wires about our walk this morning lol I was waiting for her to say if she needed picking up and she read my message as I am picking her up... So I got a phone call from her wondering where I was lol we decided we were both now busy doing other things so would give it a miss!

Breakfast grapes and plum

Lunch omlette with bacon, cheese (hexa) beans and salad leaves and cucumber

LJ I am not keen on fizzy water, I tend to have sugar free squash fill up a bottle and try and drink that. I am better at drinking at work as it's there, than when I'm home. I will try!

Upndown I hope you and your hubby managed to work out a way round your 2 places at one time problem.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Gosh I'm tired just reading ur post! Think of the body magic value too!

Hubby is one of 6 children and most of them are going to the service so we've opted for the Urdd competition! Poppy's choir have done their bit - but the results won't be announced until later - then at 2 there's more singing and recitation - bit like a small scale X factor!

Hope the rest of ur day goes well.

OMG peeps i can't keep up!
Hope ur all ok. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mmmmmm not sure about that - how about twice as long as it takes me to realise that I've put on weight - when I'm pulling, squeezing and stretching my clothes to get into them and avoiding all mirrors!

You've done really well to lose 3.5stone - well done - u must be seeing a difference now - if not u'd better go to Specsavers!

Lol you are funny! I do definitely see a difference, I really notice it when I see pictures then and now, like LJ said :)

Gosh I'm tired just reading ur post! Think of the body magic value too!

Hubby is one of 6 children and most of them are going to the service so we've opted for the Urdd competition! Poppy's choir have done their bit - but the results won't be announced until later - then at 2 there's more singing and recitation - bit like a small scale X factor!

Hope the rest of ur day goes well.

i am tired now! I have decided on a nice easy pasta tea tonight, I just have the energy to boil some water haha

6 children wow! How was Poppy's thingy? Lovely I bet :)

I need to find that cheese scone recipe, I have some cottage cheese that needs using up. Will maybe make a batch tonight :)

Evening everyone. My lovely food for todays green day

Eggs, beans & toast - then rice and berries for breakfast. Got to go to my brother later then expected so had breakfast before I went and refused a nice bacon roll. For lunch I had bns soup and berries & yogurt.
Then a snack of 2 apples and 2 bananas with coffee. Dinner was lasagne bns & carrot etc & heb mince with egg & yogurt for the top with hea cheese.
Very very nice. No syns again unless I have some later, probably not. (there is a little lasagne left - may have it later, the whole thing was not very big.
3 days being on top of diet.

Hope you all had a good day of food too.

i am tired now! I have decided on a nice easy pasta tea tonight, I just have the energy to boil some water haha

6 children wow! How was Poppy's thingy? Lovely I bet :)

Yes a big family!

Poppy's thingy went well - she didn't fluff her solo and they got 2nd place in the recitation! So they go on to the next round now!!

Back