LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hey Upd, good luck for weigh in tomorrow hun :p.

Hugs Kay xx

Thanks 4 thinking of me - but feeling bloated and fatter! I'll be upset if I don't lose as apart from my WI day treat last Weds (and I didn't go mad!!) I've been 100% on plan but my scales haven't budged all week - I know I shdn't weigh in between but can't help myself - I'm not as bad as I used to be tho'! I'll let u know.

Good luck weighers. Thinking of you. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Everyone - hope everyone's had a good on plan day? I've had a busy few days with my late Mum's house having sold and needing me to clear it and deal with solicitors etc, plus having had the family from Thurs-Sun major clean up operation after our beautiful toddler grandson!! I also have a friend coming to stay 2moro - I love having visitors but means I've not caught up with everyone's posts/threads yet!

You may have seen me post that the scales haven't moved since last WI - really puzzled but feeling fatter and bloated so wdn't be surprised to sts or even a gain :eek: I have a treat day on WI day but never go over 1500 calories then been 100% on plan for the 6 other days on Sexpress - well I don't have long to find out - whatever happens I will have my treat day then back on Sexpress on Thurs - but I may need some sympathy 2moro. Good luck to CJ, LJ and anyone else WI 2moro! :fingerscrossed:

Hello Everyone. No swimming today as i was at the hairdressers. Food was odd today as I was supposed to be going out for a meal tonight and was unable to go so had to eat what I coukd lay my hands on quickly.
Breakfast- 2 toast. Lunch beans on 1 slice of toast. Supper- 4 cheese flavoured snackajacks with 2 triangles of laughing cow light, raspberries and yoghirt.
Ooh Upndown you sound really busy with house clearbing and visitors too.
Hope everyone had a good day.

Hello all,

How has everyone's day been? Good I hope!

Well weigh day is approaching. I have been weighing this week... checking my progress lol after my weekend of over indulgence.. This morning I was about 1.5lbs up on last week... Fingers crossed for a STS! If It is a gain then it's my own fault and I know what I did wrong. So I will take it on the chin and carry on. Like LJ said it's hard when you've lost the weight... To then have to re loose it!

Work is very stressful right now, I am not working in a happy team. Lots of issues and favouritism going on... So hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

Breakfast - scrambled egg, beans

Snack - banana

Lunch - jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack - hot choc (1syn) wish I hadn't had that it wasn't very nice lol grapes, dried apricots (hexb)

Tea - leftover veg chilli, rice, cheese (5syns)

I am feeling so bloated and uncomfortable. I think to many fizzy drinks today may be the cause, it helped a lot when u cut them down, so I'll try this tomorrow.

Hi - Sorry 2 hear u have stress at work - u have my every sympathy - it's a horrible experience and used to invade my private life at times.

Well u've had a good attempt with ur last supper (plus B: and L:)!!! And u only had 1 'off' day - so hope u have a loss however small or sts - which is what I'd like for me but not looking like it at the mo! I've been feeling fatter so weighing regularly - numbers not going down!

CJ (& anyone who's interested!) since doing the water challenge I don't have many diet drinks at all (no room!!) but not sure if I've said this b4 - notice that diet d's sometimes make me feel hungry - one of my sons is a scientist and he doesn't like me drinking it cos he says that cos they contain artificial sweeteners & once drunk, the body is expecting sugar but when it doesn't get it - it hankers after some by making u hungry - I'm sure he'd giggle at my layman's explanation but hope u get the gist?

I did Kay's salad challenge today and went for a 40 min walk - here's how the food went on the day b4 the big day or big weigh:

Brunch: chicken marinated in 2 tsps sweet chilli mixed with a bit of water (2 syns?) I made a coleslaw with chopped peppers, leeks, onion & carrot with VLF mayo 1 syn??, 1 tsp mustard 1 syn?, white vinegar - with lots of lettuce - it was surprising filling! Melon and half a Muller (cdn't finish it - too full of water I think!)

Tea: Smoked Mackerel with the above coleslaw with cherry toms, cucumber and lots of lettuce, pickled onions and beetroot. Sugar free jelly (1/3 syn) and from frais

Drinks, 1 coffee ss milk part HEA , Diet Pepsi, 2 fruit teas 500ml water, low cal squash - 1.25L easier to drink than just water! = 1.75L

TOTAL SYNS: 4.3

Thanks 4 thinking of me - but feeling bloated and fatter! I'll be upset if I don't lose as apart from my WI day treat last Weds (and I didn't go mad!!) I've been 100% on plan but my scales haven't budged all week - I know I shdn't weigh in between but can't help myself - I'm not as bad as I used to be tho'! I'll let u know.
---

Upndown dont you dare get fed up. Look at the last 3 weeks losses!! Body is just saying "i need a break", but dont you give it one or it has won. Whatever those numbers say take a look in the mirror and see what youve achieved. Your a winner. Im proud of you and look up to you. So no being fed up, keep sexpressing. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi and thanks again but I like to see the numbers going down when I'm being good!! But I promise I will keep sexpressing after my 1500 cals (max) day 2moro!!

Morning - it's sunny here and hope it is with all of u and that u have a good day on plan and those who are weighing have done better than me!!

Well as I thought I've sts - gutted!! As u probably know I have a treat WI day - since I've been on Sexpress - but no more than 1500 cals for the day - did that last Weds - grrrrr to scales!!

Then had 6 days 100% on Sexpress - so onwards and downwards - off out for lunch and out tonight :eek: planning salad for 1 meal :fingerscrossed: then will get back in the Sexpress saddle in the morning!

Last edited:
Morning - it's sunny here and hope it is with all of u and that u have a good day on plan and those who are weighing have done better than me!!

Well as I thought I've sts - gutted!! As u probably know I have a treat WI day - since I've been on Sexpress - but no more than 1500 cals for the day - did that last Weds - grrrrr to scales!

Then had 6 days 100% on Sexpress - so onwards and downwards - off out for lunch and out tonight :eek: planning salad for 1 meal :fingerscrossed: then will get back in the Sexpress saddle in the morning!

Good morning. I won`t go down the road that a sts (or maintain as one of the clubs calls it) because in our heads it isn`t is it.

I have been good this week, even put sweets & crackers down. However I am feeling bloated too, in fact have felt extremely uncomfortable for 2-3 days. Usually if I get like this this I take some Buscopan that the doc gave me for when my gallstones play up. Unfortunately I don`t have any with me. My scales say 2 on at present, but don`t get weighed till Friday.

You know sw now say that we should have 1/3rd superfree on red & green days now. They never used to before EE.

CJ when I can get to an Asda I will get some wraps & give the pizza a try. Thanks for that info.

Tues food. Eggs bacon mush 2 bread. Lunch BNS soup 1 bread 2.1/2 syns. Dinner piri piri chicken in a pack (free) with boiled spuds & 2 pears after.
Couple crackers 4. 2 pears and banana. Sure there was something else, will have to look it up
AH 2 sweets 1 syn
7.5 total.

AH and some crab sticks. sure I am eating too much

Last edited:
Good morning. I won`t go down the road that a sts (or maintain as one of the clubs calls it) because in our heads it isn`t is it.

I have been good this week, even put sweets & crackers down. However I am feeling bloated too, in fact have felt extremely uncomfortable for 2-3 days. Usually if I get like this this I take some Buscopan that the doc gave me for when my gallstones play up. Unfortunately I don`t have any with me. My scales say 2 on at present, but don`t get weighed till Friday.

You know sw now say that we should have 1/3rd superfree on red & green days now. They never used to before EE.

CJ when I can get to an Asda I will get some wraps & give the pizza a try. Thanks for that info.

Tues food. Eggs bacon mush 2 bread. Lunch BNS soup 1 bread 2.1/2 syns. Dinner piri piri chicken in a pack (free) with boiled spuds & 2 pears after.
Couple crackers 4. 2 pears and banana. Sure there was something else, will have to look it up
AH 2 sweets 1 syn
7.5 total.

AH and some crab sticks. sure I am eating too much

Thanks - had a childs salad meal & asked for extra salad at lunch - hope I can do ok tonight!

Ur food looks fine to me! Sorry to hear ur bloated too - what's going on with us all? Good luck with ur WI!

Last edited:
Good afternoon all. I have the afternoon off so am trying to catch up on things including Minimins posts. I weighed this morning and STS. These last two weeks have not been good but I was laying awake in the early hours and something clicked in my brain and I knew I was ready to start afresh with even more determination. That feeling has been with me all day. I made a new menu plan using new recipes. I went to sainsburys and bought the ingredients I need and have been cooking since I got home. So far I have made a soup called Middle Eastern Lentil Broth. Looks nice, tastes nice. That will be going in my freezer and one portion will be lunch tomorrow.

Under the grill is a Spanish Tortilla. Also for the freezer. Useful for dinners or lunches. Next, for tonights dinner I am going to make a Vegetable Biryani.

The remaining dishes on my list to be made over the next few days and frozen are:

Cheesy Spinach Canneloni
Bean Braise (contains BGTY sausages)
Chicken & Tarragon Fricasse
Good old Leek and Potato Soup

My freezer will be full and I will be eating new, fresh meals. I will not be experimenting anymore, not be counting calories anymore and not be drinking wine for a few weeks at least. Just home cooked SW meals and plenty of water. I will continue the kefir smoothies for breakfast which have now morphed into green smoothies containing lots of raw green leafy veg such as spinach or kale. Uber good for you.

Must attend to the cooking. Hope you are all having a great day.

Hello Everybody. Well I weighed this morning and I had stayed the same for the second week. I had to travel back to the house and there is another question mark over the sale so Im really fed up with it all. Im sure part of the priblem is that I am not swimming daily as Im not there to do it. I Have eat:en- 1 slice of toast. Lunch- { this was left too late with travelling and shopping) prawns, tomato and basil be good to yourself low fat humous and 2 snackajacks. blackberries and yoghurt. Im currently cooking a pan full of butt:ernut squash and sweet potato soup forf tea. I have melon or blackberries for dessert.
LJ yur food sounded delicious. I think I will look u some of your recipes.

Renewed motivation LJ. yay :) Plans sound fantastic, sure you'll crack it this week. Well done.
Im also doing a lot better now, got the binge out of my system on Monday and have stuck to it all religiously since yesterday. Think this will be a good week I hope. otherwise might be inclined to throw the towel in!!

Hope every1 is feeling the motivation today... xx

Evening all,

Well 2lbs on :( although I know where I went wrong. So onwards and downwards.

Next week we are all going to get a nice big loss, I can feel it! We are all feeling more determined! I think I have been eating More to, not intentionally. I also have been eating free fruit not super free. So must change that this week to.

Work is very stressful at the moment and an awful atmosphere. It has made me want to eat naughty food. But I have resisted and know that is not going to help anything and will just make me annoyed with myself if I put weight on!

So my food for today..

Breakfast scrambled egg and peppers

Lunch - jacket potato, cheese (hexa), beans

Snack - banana, dried apricots (hexb)

Tea - pasta, tomato pasta sauce (1.5syns), peppers, sweetcorn, 2 x bgty sausages (5syns) cheese (5syns)

so I think I can blame my bloating on the dried apricots!! I feel bad for accusing the sweetcorn lol might be that to. But it seems to be after I eat the apricots!

Thanks - had a childs salad meal & asked for extra salad at lunch - hope I can do ok tonight!

Ur food looks fine to me! Sorry to hear ur bloated too - what's going on? Good luck with ur WI!

Hey Upd :), well done on a sts hun, I'm sure this week on the challenge will start the losses up again ! :p You did well with asking for the extra salad, the more green leafy stuff on your plate the better, the pf likes it too :D. Your doing well on the challenge hun, keep it up :). Hope your having a smashing day !

ps. Well done on drinking your 2L's of Water a day :D !

Kay xx

Just been reading about super speed foods. So I may try and get lots of these in.. Here's a list if anyone is interested.

Superfree:

Babaco
Bilberries
Blackberries
Blackcurrants
Boysenberries
Cranberries
Gooseberries
Grapefruit
Guava
Kiwano
Lemons
Limes
Loganberries
Loquats
Melon (Except watermelon)
Pomelo
Raspberries
Redcurrants
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Tamarillos
Tayberries
Whitecurrants
Yellow plums

Renewed motivation LJ. yay :) Plans sound fantastic, sure you'll crack it this week. Well done.
Im also doing a lot better now, got the binge out of my system on Monday and have stuck to it all religiously since yesterday. Think this will be a good week I hope. otherwise might be inclined to throw the towel in!!

Hope every1 is feeling the motivation today... xx

Well done getting back on track. I find it hard the first day, but after that I feel so much better. Good luck :)

Hello Everybody. Well I weighed this morning and I had stayed the same for the second week. I had to travel back to the house and there is another question mark over the sale so Im really fed up with it all. Im sure part of the priblem is that I am not swimming daily as Im not there to do it. I Have eat:en- 1 slice of toast. Lunch- { this was left too late with travelling and shopping) prawns, tomato and basil be good to yourself low fat humous and 2 snackajacks. blackberries and yoghurt. Im currently cooking a pan full of butt:ernut squash and sweet potato soup forf tea. I have melon or blackberries for dessert.
LJ yur food sounded delicious. I think I will look u some of your recipes.

Well i have read that stress can affect your weight to. So maybe it's your body just holding on to its extra weight for comfort! I hope the house problems get sorted soon. It must be very hard for you. I haven't managed exercise either this week, I do miss that nice feeling you get after. I hope you can get back to your pool soon :)

Good afternoon all. I have the afternoon off so am trying to catch up on things including Minimins posts. I weighed this morning and STS. These last two weeks have not been good but I was laying awake in the early hours and something clicked in my brain and I knew I was ready to start afresh with even more determination. That feeling has been with me all day. I made a new menu plan using new recipes. I went to sainsburys and bought the ingredients I need and have been cooking since I got home. So far I have made a soup called Middle Eastern Lentil Broth. Looks nice, tastes nice. That will be going in my freezer and one portion will be lunch tomorrow.

Under the grill is a Spanish Tortilla. Also for the freezer. Useful for dinners or lunches. Next, for tonights dinner I am going to make a Vegetable Biryani.

The remaining dishes on my list to be made over the next few days and frozen are:

Cheesy Spinach Canneloni
Bean Braise (contains BGTY sausages)
Chicken & Tarragon Fricasse
Good old Leek and Potato Soup

My freezer will be full and I will be eating new, fresh meals. I will not be experimenting anymore, not be counting calories anymore and not be drinking wine for a few weeks at least. Just home cooked SW meals and plenty of water. I will continue the kefir smoothies for breakfast which have now morphed into green smoothies containing lots of raw green leafy veg such as spinach or kale. Uber good for you.

Must attend to the cooking. Hope you are all having a great day.

Your meals sound yummy! I am taking a leaf out of your book and will plan some yummy new recipes this weekend. Might do some batch cooking Saturday afternoon. I am working in the morning eurgh. But nice long weekend off next weekend when LJ comes! :)

I am looking forward to trying this kefir. Sounds like good stuff. After all my bloating I think my tummy could do with lots of these good little bacteria.

Glad ad to hear your back on plan and feeling motivated. Maybe we need these tough weeks to remind us to make the effort and to get back to cooking nice things.

Back