LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Morning all, well afternoon now.

Good news first - I lost 1/2lb, much better than the pound I thought I had put on.
Not so good news, I have a confession too - like you LJ - I went into Sainsbury to buy some milk and saw a pkt of little cheeses. I ate them. I gonna forget about it. Have week to make it up. Home either today or tomorrow.

Yesterdays food.
Brunch:
1BGTY sausage (1/2), 2 eggs and load mushrooms 2 toast

D: corned beef, lots of cabbage and boiled spuds and a banana.
options choc (2) and a little piece of easter egg.

syns sausage 1/2. options (2) corned beef (4)and some easter egg

Last edited:
Well they confession is good for the soul eh?...........it's really good that ur planning a tasty SW tea!

OMG people. Next time you are in a supermarket, pick up one of those packs of 4 x 2l of water and see how heavy it feels. It weighs 1st 4lb. I could not face carrying it up the stairs to my flat. No wonder the stairs used to be so tough. I have lost the equivalent of two of those four packs!

Isn't it great to realise how much we've lost oooooh getting excited just at the thought of it LOL!

On the fizzy drink subject I have been drinking mainly fizzy plain water. I often drink diet coke in the afternoon at work but haven't noticed any sugar craving from that. In fact I don't really get sugar cravings at all since starting SW. My weakness is more for carby things like bread.

I don't drink tea anymore except to be sociable. I drink ginger tea for my stomach (very few probs there now) and fizzy water and the occasional Bovril. Bovril is nice when you feel hungry and are waiting for dinner to cook! Like a soup starter.

During the night and with my morning tablets I drink sugar free squash. Upndown, I would imagine the sweeteners in that could have the same effect you speak of.

Do you find that when you get into drinking lots that your body demands more? Thats what happens to me. Its like your body starts working better and your thirst mechanism is able to work properly.

It is 7am. If I get up now I have time to make the leek and potato soup before i go to work!

Day 3 into trying to drink 2L of water a day - and it's getting so easy - I was not v good at all at drinking anything prior to SW - but in the last 4 days I've been drinking loads and getting thirsty as u describe.

Aren't our bodies strange - u'd have thought that I'd have been thirsty when drinking so little - but maybe my body got so fed up with so little fluid - that the thirst mechanism went on strike?!

Yay! Well done Doreen. What a nice surprise those scales had for you today and a boost to your motivation. You did so well to lose weight while away from home.

I agree with turning a blind eye to a small slip up like the cheese. Doing that means we won't dwell on it and it won't have any power to knock us off course. In the past I would have felt so guilty and that would have led to more off plan eating. Not any more eh?

Morning all, well afternoon now.

Good news first - I lost 1/2lb, much better than the pound I thought I had put on.
Not so good news, I have a confession too - like you LJ - I went into Sainsbury to buy some milk and saw a pkt of little cheeses. I ate them. I gonna forget about it. Have week to make it up. Home either today or tomorrow.

Yesterdays food.
Brunch:
1BGTY sausage (1/2), 2 eggs and load mushrooms 2 toast

D: corned beef, lots of cabbage and boiled spuds and a banana.
options choc (2) and a little piece of easter egg.

syns sausage 1/2. options (2) corned beef (4)and some easter egg

Well done on the loss - it's so hard when we're away from home isn't it? I think that also makes u the Slimmer of the Week on LJ's so congrats!!:winner:

I had an internal struggle this afternoon. The smell of those fish and chips from the chip shop across the street from work was really calling to me. It took about an hour of this whining and arguing in my brain before I managed to shut it up. But I won and i came home and made Bean Braise (which should be called Sausage and Bean Braise). Had that with boiled potatoes and broccoli. Yummy and very satisfying.

Evening all,

Well I wasn't going to post tonight, as feeling tired and drained. But thought I need to come and post and say hi and let you know my food for today! And reading your posts does motivate me as I know we are all in this together :)

Breakfast - melon

Snack - grapes

Lunch - leftover pasta, peppers, sweetcorn, pasta sauce (1.5) 1 chopped bgty sausage (2syns)

Snack - melon

Tea - pasta, peppers (I love frozen peppers!) sweetcorn, bgty bacon rashers, pasta sauce (3syns), cheese (hexa)

pudding - banana and will have a little milky bar (3.5syns)

i was was a bit slack on the water front, managed 2 fruit teas, 500ml Pepsi max. I have had a few small glasses of water tonight.

I am pleased with what I bought from the £1 shop today hehe I found a 2L little pink water dispenser! It's got a little handle and tap! I love it. So I have filled this with sugar free squash. I think the little tap will make me want to drink more lol

I think the melon is the way forward! Super speed fruit rather than the free fruit that I was having. I don't feel bloated today, I didn't have dried apricots! But I have had sweetcorn, so phew I can eat sweetcorn without issues yay!

LJ don't beat yourself up, pick yourself up and carry on, don't let that one slip up throw you off the rails. It happened. It's done, digested... Gone! And you were only a little over your syns.

Upndown sorry to hear about that big shock of a bill! Hope you manage to get it back to what was agreed. That must be very stressful.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Hi - I love the idea of your water wagon we never grow out of pink do we??

Well it's Friday night - I hope ur not working at the weekend and have a relaxing break on plan with lots of exercise!

I'm not expecting anything back tfrom the solicitor - I'm sure he'll justify it but surprised he didn't flag up the rising costs as they arose - I'll ask that and for a breakdown of the costs - when I've calmed down enough to send a polite e-mail!! I'm still reeling - I have 2 sisters so we've shared the costs or rather they were deducted from Mum's estate

wow well done LJ that really took some doing. There is nothing more inviting than the smell of fish and chips, frying onions or cooking bacon!!! You did brilliantly. Well still no news so just plodding on. lol. Food today- 1 slice toast, 1 ham sandwich. Then temptation , meal out with my partner! So I ate 1 pappadom with raw onion and raita. Tandoori chicken, salad, raita, boiled rice and a chappati. I tried to choose foods with least amount oif fat. Hope everyone had a good day. Mo

Last edited:
I had an internal struggle this afternoon. The smell of those fish and chips from the chip shop across the street from work was really calling to me. It took about an hour of this whining and arguing in my brain before I managed to shut it up. But I won and i came home and made Bean Braise (which should be called Sausage and Bean Braise). Had that with boiled potatoes and broccoli. Yummy and very satisfying.

Oh - I think we can all relate to that but with me at least in most of those situations the score was FOOD 1 - UPNDOWN big fat zero! More often than not the food didn't taste half as good as anticipated and I didn't enjoy it and felt flat and v cross with myself.

So well done - LJ is back in the SW building!!

wow well done LJ that really took some doing. There is nothing more inviting than the smell of fish and chips, frying onions or cooking bacon!!! You did brilliantly. Well still no news so just plodding on. lol. Food today- 1 slice toast, 1 ham sandwich. Then temptation , meal out with my partner! So I ate 1 pappadom with raw onion and raita. Tandoori chicken, salad, raita, boiled rice and a chappati. I tried to choose foods with least amount oif fat. Hoe everyone ad a good day. Mo

Well u did well there Mo - u even had some salad and no lovely naan bread in sight!!

lol lol lol my OH had a peshwari nan and I didnt join in! It was the sauces I missed but they served the chicken on a mass of fried onions which my OH ate for me!!! that was hard lol

lol lol lol my OH had a peshwari nan and I didnt join in! It was the sauces I missed but they served the chicken on a mass of fried onions which my OH ate for me!!! that was hard lol

Well done for resisting the naan! I love naan, especially peshwari!

Evening everyone,

Happy Friday! I am unfortunately working tomorrow, but I have a new motivation work wise to, and I am determined not to let the current issues bring me down.

Tired today, the boss had a nice moment and let us finish at 5 instead of 5.30. So came home and had a good clean of the house, did some washing etc. cleaned piggy out, sorted cats out. Then made tea. So just sat down. Lots of body magic done tonight!

Breakfast - scrambled egg with some passata... Strange but nice! It is superfree! I didn't have any tomatoes. I will have that again.

Lunch - jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa) and I'm gonna say about 5 syns extra of cheese. It was heavy on the cheddar lol!

Snack - banana and hot chocolate (2.5syns)

Tea - chicken breast, cooked In a maggi paper (1.5), salad leaves, beet root, cucumber, potatoes fried in garlic, beans, salad cream (1syn)

10 syns total.

Will have some natural yogurt with honey for pudding if I feel hungry later (1syn)

water - I had 2 big mugs of fruit tea, the hot choc, a 500ml bottle of Pepsi max. I'm having a few cup fuls out of my magic water tub hehe I'll have to get a picture for you. I will fill it up tomorrow so i know my 2L.

Evening everyone,

Happy Friday! I am unfortunately working tomorrow, but I have a new motivation work wise to, and I am determined not to let the current issues bring me down.

Tired today, the boss had a nice moment and let us finish at 5 instead of 5.30. So came home and had a good clean of the house, did some washing etc. cleaned piggy out, sorted cats out. Then made tea. So just sat down. Lots of body magic done tonight!

Breakfast - scrambled egg with some passata... Strange but nice! It is superfree! I didn't have any tomatoes. I will have that again.

Lunch - jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa) and I'm gonna say about 5 syns extra of cheese. It was heavy on the cheddar lol!

Snack - banana and hot chocolate (2.5syns)

Tea - chicken breast, cooked In a maggi paper (1.5), salad leaves, beet root, cucumber, potatoes fried in garlic, beans, salad cream (1syn)

10 syns total.

Will have some natural yogurt with honey for pudding if I feel hungry later (1syn)

water - I had 2 big mugs of fruit tea, the hot choc, a 500ml bottle of Pepsi max. I'm having a few cup fuls out of my magic water tub hehe I'll have to get a picture for you. I will fill it up tomorrow so i know my 2L.

Boo to working 2moro - applause for work motivation, frantic after-work activity and food today LOL! Yes ur water tub cd be the key to ur fluid intake and help with weight loss eh?

Morning everyone. Commiserations on having to work today CJ. I am working until lunchtime too. The weekend will be here for us in a few hours.

i am feeling happy today because the scales are showing good things for me this week so far and all the bloating is gone. You know how they say scan bran helps speed your weight loss due to the high fibre? I have upped the fibre in my morning green smoothies by adding more greens each day. They advise you start with mostly fruit and gradually work up to a larger proportion of the high fibre green leafy veg like kale so that you get accustomed to the taste. I find the taste of the smoothies really yummy. Raw kale is so full of nutrients. There is no way you would want to eat it as is for breakfast every morning though! Give it a try people! CJ I will make smoothies for you to try next weekend. :)

Yesterday I had my high fibre smoothie and was amazed that even by lunchtime I was not feeling hungry. Fibre does fill you up. I saw a TV experiment once where they tested whether a normal meat and two veg meal kept you full for longer than the same meal liquidised into a soup. It was proved that the liquid meal stays longer in your stomach which surprised me. I have always remembered that and that is why I am happy to have smoothie breakfast, soup lunch. I have started having a slice of bread with my soup because I enjoy it better that way.

I made the Sausage and Bean Braise for tea last night and I recommend it. Really quick and easy to make and such comfort food. I have three portions for the freezer. Hope the sausages thaw out alright. I think next time I make it I might chop the sausages into chunks.

There is one more recipe on my list to make this week. Cheesy Spinach Cannelloni. Looking forward to making that tonight. I bought lasagne sheets because it says use a piping bag to put the filling into the cannelloni tubes and I don't have one. I am sure the recipe will work fine as a lasagne. Chips and salad sound like a nice accompaniment to that. Yum!

This weekend I will be able to catch up with all your posts. Have a great day my friends. Stay on plan. Hup 2, 3, 4.....!

According to my scales I started at 50% body fat and am only down to 46%. That seems a bit mean. Surely I have lost more fat than that?

Mmmmmmm...... you do post some interesting stuff! I agree - that doesn't seem right - you've got me thinking now - my scales have that function but after an initial burst when I first bought them - I don't use it now.

I can't remember what the cost of the SW scales are but they're v expensive and have to be calibrated (whatever that means LOL!) to ensure that they're accurate. When I was a consultant they only provided a weight reading - of course now they're digital & are multifunctional.

Most of the ones we buy are relatively cheap compare to SW's & these days come with fancy features. So I wonder how accurate they can be at measuring body fat etc?? For example - when I've seen ppl on tv having their body fat monitored - callipers are used as part of that (not sure why!).

Ur post then resulted in a quick chat with Phil - he's a design engineer - so I asked him what he thought - he thinks that just by standing on home scales the body fat % wd probably be an estimate based on statistics of the average population's height, weight etc but there will be variants for example...

...if a fit, gym bunny type young man weighed in at 12st he'd have considerably more muscle mass than a couch potato of the same sex and age - yet if they stood on the same set of home scales the body fat reading wd likely be the same. I know u do a lot of web research but this is one I looked at:

Home Body Fat Test

Wonder what others think?

Last edited:
Back