LL ~ I'm having another go!! Anyone else?!

Returning!

Hello to you all - I haven't posted on this site before only joined yesterday - I did LL 2 summers ago lost all my weight and got to below target - then Christmas came and well, here I am 2st heavier!:wave_cry: I restarted back on LL yesterday, and so far it isnt too bad although am finding the water a huge struggle which is odd because I had no problem last time! How is everyone getting on?:)

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm back. Happy but back. I got to goal last summer, did most of RTM and had 7 lbs to play with. I still feel great and the size 12 clothes still fit (just about) but I have edged over the 7lbs that I allowed myself so I'm taking control again. This is what normal people do, according to my lighter life counsellor, if my memory serves me correctly. Life can be hard to organise sometimes but, having taken time out recently to help others in my family, I want/hope to put myself at the top of my list of priorities for a while so that I can feel light and energetic and feminine (not to say that we cant be these things while carrying a few pounds extra). Its good to see you all on here. And for those of you who are wavering, if I can do it, anyone can. xxx

Well done Cats Pyjamas! Way to go! :D You've taken the bull by it's horns before it's impaled you and splatted you all over the floor. ;) ... (yes I'm horrible and gory lol)
I am doing the same and redoing this before anything gets out of hand! But doing the LLL plan instead which is much more gentle, and since you've maintained very well, maybe you could do it too. :)

Hi Minerva,

I'll be wishing you well and looking forward to seeing how you get on.

I guess I'm taking the same approach I do with my pc - a bit of a reboot (and detox/clean up) to remind myself that I can't let it all go, at least not all of the time. :eek: Abstinence feels almost like a time for reflection to me, if that makes sense. It gives me a chance to step off the food band-wagon for what will hopefully be a short time, maybe 2 weeks.

On day 2, I feel better already...I can't recommend the Lighter life approach enough, if people are in the right head space for it. I had all the experiences that people worry about but on the whole it has been the best thing I have ever done and it suits me.
Bye for now,
Cat

So, onto day 3. I seem to be doing OK. Sleeping beautifully and feeling lighter with looser clothes. I passed up on some home made cake yesterday and stayed on track. It seems reasonably easy so far. I have a new friend who is cooking for me on Friday and I can't really 'get out of it' as I am staying over. I guess, I will just take it as it comes but avoid over indulging. The only pain would be if it kicks me out of comfortable ketosis. Its almost possible that I will have shed the 8 lbs that I'm planning to by then...anyway, I'm kindav thinking out loud here.
TTFN,
C

Can't you explain to her that you are on a diet? This isn't the last time she can cook for you my dear - however breaking the abstinence so early can be extremely damaging to the whole long-term process.
If she can't understand that you can't eat, then she's got issues. :p ... sorry I'm a grumpy panda when I get up, but ... really it's not worth it, be strong because this isn't the first or only time when an occasion like this, involving food will come up. What are you planning to do? Give in every time to make someone else happy? ... After all, you're not doing this diet for anyone, you're doing it for YOU.
But if you *REALLY* can't say no to this lady, have a plain piece of chicken or some meat, and maybe a vegetable or two. Certain vegetables don't take you out of ketosis (since LLL works on this principle). Just don't have any fruit or carbs or heavily fatty things.

Hi everyone... I am back on the wagon again as of today... how are you all finding going back?

I'm only on my second pack of the day, and so far it's lovely - like going back to an old friend... I'd missed the taste, weirdly enough, and the texture of the shakes... and it's great to know that my weight will start dropping again now.

I haven't been off the programme for that long really - maybe a month at most? - but I never got to goal and I am back in the overweight range now, so it's time to really put my money where my mouth is and do it this time.

I finished last time because I couldn't control my lapsing, but after a month back on food I really feel bored of eating, and have got the excitement of it out of my system.

Unfortunately I am away for about 5/6 weeks from the beginning of May, so won't be able to do the full RTM, but will do when I get back all being well...

Good luck girls (and Minerva - thanks for your pic comments, just realised I never thanked you!!)...

Anna xx

I'm only on my second pack of the day, and so far it's lovely - like going back to an old friend... I'd missed the taste, weirdly enough, and the texture of the shakes... and it's great to know that my weight will start dropping again now.

I know that feeling, I went back to full LL about a month ago now (after getting over the excitement of food and such, same as you to be honest :) ). Foodpacks felt so familiar and safe... but .. that feeling will go in a couple of days and you may have to be extra strong.
I know you didn't find the Lite plan useful, but the reason you probably lapsed a little too much was because you suddenly were 'allowed' and it all felt very exciting and new. Maybe in a week's time you could give it another go, because the second time around on total abstinence - it is very, very difficult. ... at least I've found it that way. And LLL feels amazing in comparison to the week I did as a Refresher. Nearly killed me! :D

I wish you luck, though it sounds to me like you're perhaps a little hung up on numbers. In all honesty, ask yourself: Are you happy with the way you look now? Do you NEED to lose those pounds, or is it purely to satisfy the need to achieve some numerical goal when you actually feel good within yourself?
Maybe, what you need to do at this point, is to continue living and eating healthily (like you've been doing) and really learn from this. Since you're going away shortly, work out how you will continue the healthy eating/exercise plan abroad (it can sometimes be more difficult to maintain when you are unfamiliar with the local cuisines, shops etc).
Then when you come back, and actually have the time to indulge yourself in total absitence again (hopefully you won't need to at all), then you can choose to do so properly, without freaking out over time issues, or any other worries.

(I wish you luck Anna - and Shh. In your photos your body looks so stunning ... if I was anywhere near it I'd be tempted to do naughty things. :rolleyes: )

Back