Anyone used maintenance foods for weight loss/controlling weight?

Moonagedaydream

I did the full meal replacement in 2012/2013 and lost a large amount of weight and successfully kept my weight down.

Fast forward to 2022 and I have put on some weight. I don't weigh myself these days but I know my clothes are not feeling great. Some I am not wearing at all as they are too tight.....

I would rather try to nip this in the bud than keep gaining weight. I don't want to get to the size I was before. I am considering using maintenance foods to help me lose the regained weight and restore control to my diet.

Has anyone else used it in this way?

Hey 👋🏼

How are you?

Shame no one has replied - it’s been really quiet on these lipotrim threads.

You can lose weight on the maintenance products - I think you would need to replace 1-2 meals a day with one of the maintenance products and then have a healthy balanced meal. Perhaps you could do the re-feed week as that has measurements for food? (Let me know if you don’t have it and I’ll post it in here for you).

Take care 😊

I did the full meal replacement in 2012/2013 and lost a large amount of weight and successfully kept my weight down.

Fast forward to 2022 and I have put on some weight. I don't weigh myself these days but I know my clothes are not feeling great. Some I am not wearing at all as they are too tight.....

I would rather try to nip this in the bud than keep gaining weight. I don't want to get to the size I was before. I am considering using maintenance foods to help me lose the regained weight and restore control to my diet.

Has anyone else used it in this way?

And yes, I totally agree about nipping things in the bud before it gets out of hand 🙏🏼

Thanks for your reply. I have basically been doing 1 chocolate whip and 2 meals a day. I went away for a week and ended up not doing that but I am back now. As it was an active week I don't feel I have gone backwards. At least I don't feel any bigger - and have stopped buying certain foods that I had been eating too frequently too. Overall I am eating healthily and trying to ensure I drink enough fluids too. It is very hot at the moment so I don't want to be too active this week but I am at least eating more healthily/in a controlled manner and not feeling tempted by certain foods that are not so good....

I feel a bit better overall and will try to up my activity levels - lockdown physical activity levels were low and that probably didn't help.

I think my clothes feel slightly better. That is a good sign.

I don't need to lose much weight, but I don't want to let my weight keep creeping up, so I would rather try to eat well and lose a bit. I don't want to put my body through the shock of a total food replacement diet again - even though I know it did me the world of good when I did it and I don't regret doing it in 2012.

I am just going to continue with the chocolate mousse and 2 meals for a bit longer. I have the mousse for breakfast and I really enjoy it. I think my small weight gain took time so maybe losing it will take time too.

I am not sure if I am eating too many carbs and not enough veg.....

Just out of interest can you post what the re-feed week details are?

I think my clothes feel slightly better. That is a good sign.

I don't need to lose much weight, but I don't want to let my weight keep creeping up, so I would rather try to eat well and lose a bit. I don't want to put my body through the shock of a total food replacement diet again - even though I know it did me the world of good when I did it and I don't regret doing it in 2012.

I am just going to continue with the chocolate mousse and 2 meals for a bit longer. I have the mousse for breakfast and I really enjoy it. I think my small weight gain took time so maybe losing it will take time too.

I am not sure if I am eating too many carbs and not enough veg.....

Just out of interest can you post what the re-feed week details are?

Hi 👋🏼

Great that you’ve noticed the change in how your clothes feel, that’s always such a great motivator!

I agree, it is definitely better to “nip things in the bud” and lose that little bit of weight gained rather than letting things get out of control (speaking from my own experience 🙈). I’ve done a few 1-2 week TFR stints here and there to lose a little bit when my weight has crept up.

This is the refeed program from the Lipotrim website;

The plan (applies to both men and women) ......
Follow exactly - do not add extras and, more importantly, do not miss out any steps. You may have milk in your tea and coffee, if required, and you can now have diet drinks again. Avoid fruit juices (simple sugars) until the end of the week. No alcohol. Try to drink plenty of water. Most people do not drink adequate water and now you are in the habit, stick with it. At least 2 litres per day.

Day 1
You may now try the Lipotrim maintenance formulas. Have 2 Lipotrim servings (either standard or maintenance formulas or a combination of both) and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).
At lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs). The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber, cress and watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, beansprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon or lime juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar, it is quite special), or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more) of some cooked green vegetables. You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4. Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems). You can have milk in tea/coffee

Day 2
You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving or maintenance formula and 2 meals, as described for Day 1.

Day 3
Same as day 2 ,but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yoghurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Days 4-7
Each day have......
a Lipotrim serving or maintenance formula for your breakfast plus
- up to 3 small servings of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)
- up to 2 slices of bread OR 1 pitta OR 1 roll OR 1 bagel (without fatty spread)
- any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)
- any of the skimmed milk products
- fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn
- lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off
- low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - eg lean mince with tomato bolognese sauce
- medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat - read the label). Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

The days 4-7 schedule may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight - 5/6 stones or more - as you will need time to adjust to a different eating behaviour and quantities. Check your weight every week at the pharmacy; if it is going up, then action must be taken to address the types and quantities of foods eaten. The maintenance food products are advised during this time to add extra control whilst adjusting to your new eating behaviour. After week 1 use the maintenance formulas rather than the diet formulas.

Example menu for days 4 to 7......

Breakfast
- Lipotrim serving or maintenance formula.
Lunch - Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes (1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon of mash - no added fat), carrots, 2 tablespoons of broccoli (or any other vegetable). Yoghurt (low fat).
Dinner - 4-6ozs chicken (no skin), jacket potato, salad. Fruit (if appropriate) or low fat dessert.
Evening - Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).
Snack - 1 or 2 pieces of fruit (evening, if appropriate)

Breakfast- Lipotrim serving or maintenance formula
Lunch - Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, eg tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or yoghurt.
Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of: drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4ozs cooked spaghetti, serving spoon of vegetables. Dessert.
Snack or evening - Tub of very low fat fromage fraise, flavoured to suit with either slices of fruit or low fat jelly crystals for a sweet option or herbs and spices with added crunchy vegetable, for a savoury snack.
Or Maintenance range - orange-creme drink or chocolate whip dessert (see leaflet).

An important point to understand in following the plan is not to have any added fat in your food or in its preparation. Fat is very high in Calories.

There is more than adequate fat for daily requirements naturally occurring in a diet chosen from a wide range of foods. There is no benefit to adding fat in preparation - only to add weight back on.

Hopefully this will be useful to you 😊 I think it’s good to have the portion sizes of protien and carbohydrates, the vegetables portion size is vague, however given how low in calories vegetables are, I don’t think that is too relevant for you as you’re not doing refeed and don’t need to follow this strictly 😊

Back