LL Men - End of first day

Petey

Well, not as bad as I thought.

Started with a chocolate shake about 11am, had my chicken soup one for lunch about 2 ish, a Caramel one about 5 and about to have the vegetable soup one for supper. A lot more palatable than I thought they would be.

However, this water thing. PLEASE tell me it gets easier! Its nearly 9pm now and i've managed 3.5L but it seemed like such a mission. I've spent more time in the loo than I have done at work!!

Hi pete and welcome.

Glad you arent finding it too bad.

I know what you mean about the water when I first started it was like a penance having to drink all that water and they dont do Tenor Lady for men:D.

I can assure you it does get easier, I was convinced it wouldnt but it did after about 3/4 weeks. I also found not having the water too cold and using the flavourings helped me.

Good luck on your journey and glug glug glug.:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Congratulations on your first day!

I found I got through the week by looking forward to weigh in, knowing that I would have a loss.:scale:

I told myself 'I'll just get through this week and see how I feel after that. The first loss should be enough to motivate you for the next week!

Just take it day by day, get early nights if you need to, and keep on at that water!

It does become a habit after a while (and I'm only halfway through week 2!) but take my advice and avoid long car journeys! Especially when someone else is driving cos they don't appreciate having to zoom as fast as they can to find a service station! :whistle:

with the water thing- i find that if i fill up 8 500ml bottles the night before its so much easier.
Have one when u wake up. One before a soup/shake/ one after and before you know it they are all gone!
the trick is to get into a routine :D
xxxx
good luck
xxxx

Hi Petey,

Don't worry it does get easier - promise! When I first started, I was in the loo every half hour (at least!) Think of it as extra steps to the loo & back. Must be about a quarter of a mile over the course of the day!!!!

Think I may know you - blood pressure monitoring in Lymington?????

Keep it going. It is sooo worth it!

Hi Petey,

Don't worry it does get easier - promise! When I first started, I was in the loo every half hour (at least!) Think of it as extra steps to the loo & back. Must be about a quarter of a mile over the course of the day!!!!

Think I may know you - blood pressure monitoring in Lymington?????

Keep it going. It is sooo worth it!

I've been rumbled :)

Well I'm most of the way through Day 2 now and its not too bad.

The car journey home was a bit rushed though, even though I went to the loo before I left!!

How long on average did you find you guys took to enter Ketosis?

my worst days was 3 and 4 then after that i felt fine =]
be prepared for the next few days and keep dead focused. once u come thru the other end u will be fine =]
xxxx

A couple of days to get into ketosis, on average. It gets easier after that! Not so hungry etc.

I hope it goes well for you! No doubt I'll bump into you in the shop!

Well done Petey!

The Water does get easier, I now get through more than 5 litres daily and still get to feel thirsty!

Please continue to update me on the Blokes thread for newbies this year at - I know you already have done so.

Well done Petey!

The Water does get easier, I now get through more than 5 litres daily and still get to feel thirsty!

Please continue to update me on the Blokes thread for newbies this year at > - I know you already have done so.

Well done! I was in ketosis on the morning of the 4th day - but everyone is different - it can take up to a week - but I think the average is about 4 days.

I've been rumbled :)

Well I'm most of the way through Day 2 now and its not too bad.

The car journey home was a bit rushed though, even though I went to the loo before I left!!

How long on average did you find you guys took to enter Ketosis?

:D Hi pete, it`s nice to see another bloke on here, it took me about 4 days to get into ketosis, you feel alot better after day 5ish, us blokes seem to drop the weight of quicker than the ladies, but keep drinking the water it`s the key to success, it can be a bit of a pain, when you go shopping, you soon find out which retail outlets have Loo`s in and plan around them, good luck :D

ALLAN ..........YOUR 1ST YEAR ANNIVERSARY ............. on the forum............ blow the candles out !!

Well - drawing to the end of day 3. Its much easier.

Found myself thinking about food a lot less. Was very pleased to find this morning I've finally entered Ketosis. My impatient nature was getting the better of me!!

Bladder seems to be getting a bit more used to the 4L thank goodness. No more crazy dashes to the loo every half hour.

Havent found myself hungry today either. Before I knew it today it was 8 pm, and I hadnt had a food pack since about 11.30.

I had my first Thai Chilli today, have no idea why but had convinced myself I was going to hate it, but quite the opposite - rather yummy.

Vanilla is definitely my winner so far though!!! :)

So far so good.

Well - drawing to the end of day 3. Its much easier.

Found myself thinking about food a lot less. Was very pleased to find this morning I've finally entered Ketosis. My impatient nature was getting the better of me!!

Bladder seems to be getting a bit more used to the 4L thank goodness. No more crazy dashes to the loo every half hour.

Havent found myself hungry today either. Before I knew it today it was 8 pm, and I hadnt had a food pack since about 11.30.

I had my first Thai Chilli today, have no idea why but had convinced myself I was going to hate it, but quite the opposite - rather yummy.

Vanilla is definitely my winner so far though!!! :)

So far so good.

Hi Petey,

You seemed to of made a nice enough transition into ketosis.

Had you cut down on carbs the week before?

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Petey,

You seemed to of made a nice enough transition into ketosis.

Had you cut down on carbs the week before?

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

I think maybe subconsciously I did a little bit. I went more for protein based sources of things. I did have a carb containing meal the night before I started though - a bit like my last meal!!! :)

Back