Lola's slimming and pregnancy diary

Thanks girls :) Im loving my bump!
I'm feeling ok thanks Vix, I didn't have a great start to this pregnancy up until about a month ago but everything seems to have calmed down and hopefully it's plain sailing from here.
And OMG twins?! I don't envy her lol! Xx

Aw good good. I couldnt believe it when she anounced it lol. And she literally has has the smoothest pregnancy so far! Literally nothing wrong with her no heartburn or anything she said other than the bump she doesnt feel any different lol. Lucky girl. Glad your feeling ok :) have you got a name yet? You was thinking of Lucy?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aw good good. I couldnt believe it when she anounced it lol. And she literally has has the smoothest pregnancy so far! Literally nothing wrong with her no heartburn or anything she said other than the bump she doesnt feel any different lol. Lucky girl. Glad your feeling ok :) have you got a name yet? You was thinking of Lucy?

Yeah I think we've now properly decided on Lucy. I just love it!
How lucky is your colleague? I envy her so much, after all I've been through it's definitely put me off the idea of ever getting pregnant again! but that could all change once she's here ;)
How old are your little ones? (I think I remember you saying you had kids, I apologise if I've made that up! lol) xxx

Evening everyone, not much to report here other than everything is still good. I'm going to stay with my sister next weekend (she lives in Cornwall) so that'll be nice, just hope the weather isn't too bad down there. Be good to get some sea air too! :)

Ladies with little ones, did any of you use the Angelsounds doppler? I posted on the pregnancy thread asking for advice about it and they all thought the same as me which is that it's a great idea to get one but I'm a worrier and can see myself panicking if I don't hear a heartbeat, in two minds :(
Also apparently you can sometimes hear things that sound like a heartbeat but actually isn't, so you may think baby is okay but actually isn't. x

How lovely about going to Cornwall, hope the weather is kind to you. Even if it isn't, it's a beautiful place anyway x

Exactly, i haven't been in so long i'm so excited :) x

Morning/afternoon guys, just about to go for a sleep as I'm working the night shift tonight :(
Only in 6 hours though so not as bad as it usually would be, I'm off tomorrow too so I can sleep the day away (it's all I seem to be doing these days lol)
OH is making me some chilli to take to work with me later which I'm looking forward too, I usually grab something from the vending machine which isnt very substantial so it'll be nice to have a filling and healthy meal.
Tonight I'm looking after a lady who I think I've mentioned before who can be quiet mean, I know she can't help it but it's still not very nice... she says I'm not pregnant and I'm just fat. Lovely isn't it? lol, but I'm ok with it.. I'd rather her say that than me actually not be pregnant and her to say I look pregnant!!

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely day. Catch up tomorrow :) xx

Morning/afternoon guys, just about to go for a sleep as I'm working the night shift tonight :( Only in 6 hours though so not as bad as it usually would be, I'm off tomorrow too so I can sleep the day away (it's all I seem to be doing these days lol) OH is making me some chilli to take to work with me later which I'm looking forward too, I usually grab something from the vending machine which isnt very substantial so it'll be nice to have a filling and healthy meal. Tonight I'm looking after a lady who I think I've mentioned before who can be quiet mean, I know she can't help it but it's still not very nice... she says I'm not pregnant and I'm just fat. Lovely isn't it? lol, but I'm ok with it.. I'd rather her say that than me actually not be pregnant and her to say I look pregnant!! Anyway, hope you all have a lovely day. Catch up tomorrow :) xx

Hope it goes fast for you tonight x

Hey hun hope your ok, I had a doppler thing tbh I wouldn't bother next time, it's really hard to know if it's babies heart beat or just yours you can hear, but if you think it will make you feel better then go for it at the end of the day, you need to do what's right for you :)
Xx

Hey hun hope your ok, I had a doppler thing tbh I wouldn't bother next time, it's really hard to know if it's babies heart beat or just yours you can hear, but if you think it will make you feel better then go for it at the end of the day, you need to do what's right for you :)
Xx

Ive decided against it, there are more negatives than positives and I don't think I need that stress at the moment. It'd be lovely to hear her but I'll just keep feeling to feel her kick :) xx

Evening ladies (and men if any are reading!!)
Work went fast thankfully, the lady I was supposed to be looking after had been taken into hospital so she wasn't there.. poor thing, apparently she had a nasty fall in her room and knocked her head on the table. She's okay though thank god!

Just waiting for my tea to cook, we're having Slimming World mac n cheese yum yum :)
Got a bath planned and going to read some of my book (reading Gone Girl) then have an early night. 25 weeks tomorrow! :eek:

Evening ladies :)
Just popping in to say everything is fine here, 26+2 today. Now into the double figures now, 96 days to go :eek:
I'm fully aware I'm having a baby now lol! She is a very active madam :)
My bump seems to have grown twice the size in 2 weeks, I'm so big for 26 weeks it seems (probably just fat though haha) Gained 2lbs this week, I'm trying not to weigh myself much but I am trying to keep an eye on it.
OH got a promotion on Thursday so we're super happy about that, great timing too!!
Hope you are all good :)

154316_147626181953291_5309976_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, 27 weeks today.. all good here. Just plodding along! Hope you are all good x

Hey everyone, 28+4 today! just checking in to say everything is fine here :)
I go on maternity leave next week and I can't wait :D
I can barely stand these days so I'll be glad for the days in bed lol. Xxx

Haha bless you glad your ok! Not long now eeee x

Hey everyone, 28+4 today! just checking in to say everything is fine here :)
I go on maternity leave next week and I can't wait :D
I can barely stand these days so I'll be glad for the days in bed lol. Xxx

Aw glad ur gd! N ur bump is huge :) well done in ur OH promotion! Nice to hear goods news all at once :D x

Thanks girls! 29+3 today, almost 40 weeks now :eek:
She is very active at night lol, OH said she kicked him in the back last night! (saves me doing it I suppose ;))
I'm on maternity leave now, made up to be able to start getting everything ready now, starting with the nursery. We have everything ready for it, it's just not all in there yet so we're going to do that tomorrow as the OH has the day off.

Few family arguments going on at the moment, thankfully I'm not involved in any of them but it's not nice to hear about. Hopefully everyone can make up soon though.

Having chicken tikka pasta for tea tonight, I'm trying to eat as healthy as poss. x

Hey guys, quick pop in from me. 29+5.
Yesterday we spent all day putting everything in the nursery (cot, wardrobe, changing table ect) and I have washed all her clothes and put them in her wardrobe (can't believe how many clothes she has!!) I did all of this whilst eating pancakes, I'm a good multi tasker ;)

It looks lovely. I'll try and upload a picture when I'm on the computer. We have these gorgeous white curtains which have her name printed on each one in pink (we have decided Lucy btw :)) with little butterflies too. I got them made on Ebay.
Also took a trip to Tesco to get in some nappies, they're so expensive and there's so many different ones.

Her cot is very big and takes up a lot of the nursery, thankfully though everything else is quite small so there's still enough room in there. OH is going to put up some shelves at the weekend.

Question for the mummies, did any of you buy a glider chair? I've been watching videos of different websites and I have fallen in love. Just want to know if they're worth the money? I have a normal rocking chair which my friend gave to me but it's a bit worn! Xx

Last edited:
Hey guys, quick pop in from me. 29+5. Yesterday we spent all day putting everything in the nursery (cot, wardrobe, changing table ect) and I have washed all her clothes and put them in her wardrobe (can't believe how many clothes she has!!) I did all of this whilst eating pancakes, I'm a good multi tasker ;) It looks lovely. I'll try and upload a picture when I'm on the computer. We have these gorgeous white curtains which have her name printed on each one in pink (we have decided Lucy btw :)) with little butterflies too. I got them made on Ebay. Also took a trip to Tesco to get in some nappies, they're so expensive and there's so many different ones. Her cot is very big and takes up a lot of the nursery, thankfully though everything else is quite small so there's still enough room in there. OH is going to put up some shelves at the weekend. Question for the mummies, did any of you buy a glider chair? I've been watching videos of different websites and I have fallen in love. Just want to know if they're worth the money? I have a normal rocking chair which my friend gave to me but it's a bit worn! Xx

Oooh I really wanted a glider chair but the budget couldn't stretch that far in the end! Where will you be putting it? Coz you probably won't spend much time in babys room for the first few months, do you have room in your bedroom for it too?
Maisies cot takes up a lot of room too, don't worry it's not like lucy will need much room to play for a while hehe :) I love that name by the way!
I can't wait to see pics, I love decorating, still need to get my new house sorted!!

Nappies.... We tried sainsburys ones they were a definite no, rubbish in my opinion. We use pampers, you get box boxes cheap on Amazon, the newborn ones were awesome, wish they did em in the size she is now, we use baby dry at night and active fit in the day but I think we are just weird and silly using two types haha!
Xxx

Back