London meet?

Hi all,

I'm in London as well. 30 yrs old and still have alot to lose, would be nice to meet up with others going through the same struggle. :)

30 too soon (Sept). Moving down to London side of the country that week so seeing it as a new start. I'm not quite moving to London but an hour away for work. I'm just hoping there's ample activity down there to be able to meet new friends to do outdoorsy/healthy things with (especially seeing as I'm struggling with being single after a tough break up, and would like to make new close friends).

Is there a meet up going ahead sometime?

I'm not completely sure yet. Windsor probably but it looks a bit expensive. Slough's a possibility but I'm not sure, I've heard Windsor is rather nice, and Slough rather run down. Thanks for the luck!! I'm impressed with your weight loss stats under your screen name by the way - almost 3.5 stones!

Nothing planned I think but I'd be up for meeting!

Dreamer, sounds like you're moving out my way, I'm just the other side of Staines. PM me if you want any info on the areas. Windsor is definitely nicer than Slough! :)

Hehe well if any of you are wanting to meet end of summer (late Aug) just let me know. I'll still have over 30lbs to lose by then!

Yeah the only thing that I think I'd prefer Slough for is nice Indian food! (but nothing compares to mum's!). Note to self: do not base decisions round food!

Will pm you dominoes. I need to figure out where to look for accommodation (shared rental probably as looks like too expensive for anything else).

Ania I have no doubt you'll manage the last 1.5 stone smoothly, and if there is a meet up later in the year, that'll be motivation too!

That sounds great ania (although I'm veggie). I'm trying to improve my Indian cooking, and make a mean dosa and potato curry, saag, and chickpea curry. I make decent sushi too, and veggie haggis (I like cuisine from everyone, had to get Scottish in there somehow seeing as I'm from up there) :) It's weird how different the food in restaurants is though, as to traditional cooking - south Indian food is sooo healthy, and perfect diet food! (unless you like the portions of bread I do!!!).

Edited to add: might travel to Slough now and again to buy all the Indian ingredients. Now just to find friends wherever I end up to test my cooking on! Hate cooking for myself.

Haha I just realised that as I came back on here. Yeah no more talk of food. Although I am thinking on high protein, paneer may not be so bad. Will need to check.

Enjoy your evening, good luck with your last 1.5 stone :)

Back