London moonwalk 2012

KellySW

Hi all
I am currently doing SW + loving it! 20 of my local group have signed up to do the London moonwalk next year, are any of you mad enough to be doing it too?!?

Hey - I have done it twice (lasy year and the year before). Its a fab experience - I did the full route of 26.2 miles - 1st year was 8 hours and 2nd year 7 hours and 40 mins.

A proud moment!! Oh and am planning to do it next year too!!

Any questions, just ask me!! x

Wow what an achievement!

We have started training + are doing 6 miles most Sunday mornings so I'm hoping I'm ready for the whole 26.2 by may!

Not sure I really realised how long it actually was! I'm hoping the atmosphere will keep me going!

I'm finding the walking is really boosting my weight loss.

Lots of training is great and like you say fab exercise!! And I can 100% guarantee that the atmosphere will keep you going. My main advice is to carry as little as possible cos after a while, even a phone feels like it weighs a ton. The first year we took lots of food and didnt need it at all. You get a pasta or rice hot meal and flapjack before you do the walk and the odd banana as you go round too. Plenty of water is handed out but we drank as little as possible as the loos get v busy.

Had a sneaky wee in a park which is fine cos its dark anyway!!

This is what I am worried about needing a wee! Lol lots of people have recommended a bum bag or draw string bag but I don't think I really want to carry anything with me! Hopefully the pasta + flap jack will keep me going! Il be looking forward to a nice breakfast when I have finished!
Have you got your place for next year?
I cannot wait to get my pack through!! X

I didnt wear the t shirt at all and customised my own bra not the one they send you which is so frumpy lol.

I had a bum bag with an i pod shuffle (good if you get in a state that you cant go on lol), tissues, cereal bar, banana and phone. Thats about all you need. Dont have a bag on your back - it will drive you mad. Its such an amazing site - all those people walking for charity. Made me quite tearful at times. And yes the tea and breakfast after is the best meal you will EVER have lol. Although once I sat down it was hard to walk lol. No place for next year yet but its maybe a bit early. Happy to help in any way xx

Thank you for all your help! It's great to talk to someone who has experienced it.
Did you find you got cold at any point? I just can't imagine it with all the walking! But my SW consultant said she got cold about 2 in the morning.
I'm very excited to do it, but also nervous! The Monday after is already booked off work as I anticipate I will be struggling to walk! Lol x

Yes it does get chilly - especially the section along the Thames. I took a fleece and wore it sometimes.

The plastic poncho is great if you knot it so its tight round your bottom. I did most of the walk in my bra and the poncho last year with my fleece tied round my waist x

Hey - I have done it twice (lasy year and the year before). Its a fab experience - I did the full route of 26.2 miles - 1st year was 8 hours and 2nd year 7 hours and 40 mins.

A proud moment!! Oh and am planning to do it next year too!!

Any questions, just ask me!! x

Is this ladies only or can blokes join in?(for charity of course) would bras need to be worn?
;)

I signed up earlier in the year to receive the email reminder for the moonwalk and did not. I missed out, but did walk 23 miles in July for a charity walk I helped organise. It was in aid of Clic Sargent for a young boy with Leukaemia. I also walked 13.1 miles for Shine London and Cancer Research on 1st October. Started at night and was a lot of fun!

Awesome!

You can all sponsor Stevie Pink Bra!

Well, I think cerise is probably more me. Not sure of the tutu though:eek:

Back