Long story...long!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Gemsyo, 12 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Gemsyo

Gemsyo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hey gang!!

Need some advice, basically I am a nurse & yesterday had a needlestick injury from a high risk patient, consequently I have been put on tablets for 28 days. these tablets have nasty side effects including watery poo, vomiting, nausea, nasty taste in mouth, the list goes on!

I've spoken to my CDC who is checking I can continue on plan whilst I'm on them.

What I'd like to know is if I'm knocked out of ketosis by drinking weak squash/nibbling on dry crackers, will I still lose weight? To be honest at this moment my priority is getting through the next 27 days but at the same time would be nice to half continue on plan to lose a little!!

All thoughts/advice will be greatfully received!

Gem xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. maddison2009

maddison2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge moving to SW
    I would think if you cut down your calorie intake you will lose weight, but take the advice from you CDC and do whats best for you!

4. Shiny

Shiny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh hope you're ok!!!!! Maybe move up the plans to 1000/1200 while you're on the tablets? Just look after yourself and then you can start again in 28 days. You will throw yourself out of ketosis, but it'll only be short term while you make sure you're ok, you should still lose weight, just not at such a huge rate. Look after yourself and don't worry, you'll get straight back on it when you can! Hugs x

5. Gemsyo

Gemsyo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks shiny, I feel so sick that I'm not sure I could tolerate anything at the
    Min other than the shakes, I can't wait for this to be over.

Thank you for your kindness xxxxx

6. Colony

Colony Full Member

Poor you! Needlesticks are horrible! You'll lose weight with a reduced calorie intake regardless if ketosis so keep at it. The pills are a pain, but they're worth it in the long run. I hope the side effects don't manifest for you! Xx

7. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i don't quite understand what has happened to you chick but do what is best for you and your body hunny xx

8. Gemsyo

Gemsyo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I've basically accidentally stabbed myself in the hand with a used needle of a patient who is high risk of having viruses and so I'm now on medication to stop those viruses entering my body. Xx

9. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    aww bless ya darling, hope you are ok xx

10. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Rotten thing to happen...

If it takes 3 days to get into ketosis from having a full glycogen load, then having 100 cals or so of carbs will take no time at all to clear out of your system. That's not to say that having some sugar or salty stuff won't make you even more nibbly...cos it may well, just that if you do have to break it, you can get straight back on the ketosis train in half a day as long as you do just that! (That's to answer your question)

If you do feel dizzy or shaky or weak and its an electrolyte thing maybe try low cal gatorade (or some other low cal energy drink) as a stop gap. Obviously on an ongoing basis you need Cambridge to check and clear that the medication doesn't contraindicate you.

11. Gemsyo

Gemsyo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.71%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks for your reply lovely!

The shakes etc weren't staying down so on toast for the minute! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy I tell you!

I weighed in on my own scales this morning as couldn't get to weigh in and I was 13.13! Not seen 13s for years!!

I'm going to stick to toast until the sickness has passed then hopefully clamber back on plan before the end of this month, thankfully I have no appetite so no desire what so ever to nibble!! Every cloud & all that! Lol!

Thanks for your support gang xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.