Long Term Success?

alicimo

Hi all!
I did Exante in 2013 for 4 weeks before a holiday, I lost a stone and managed to successfully keep it off and then lost
a bit more through my own dieting and in total lost about 2.5 stone. Stupidly I put 1.5 back on (so the original stone is still off) but now
I want to lose weight again! The worry I have is the sustainability. This time I want to do it just for 4 weeks again as a
sort of 'get go' to motivate me and then continue to lose weight through eating healthily and going to the gym which is what I did last time.
Does anyone have any exante success stories? Is it actually that easy to keep it off?! I know it takes determination but I really think I have it
this time! :)

Hallo. This site is riddled with success stories. There are some sadder tales, too, obviously. I'm personally not as interested in the (albeit excellent) people that lose a couple of stone and buy a nice dress for a wedding or whatever. Their stories are happy and positive and that's great. But there are genuinely inspiring people here who have expereincedor are in the process of driving life changing transformations. You can read their dieting histories and hear them coming out of their shells and gaining confidence. Have a good delve around, because it's not my place to point at people's past journeys that I admire. I'm not saying you won't also find yo-yo stories, and even stories of dieters eating more food then you could manage on a binge, but it's sort of what makes the most dedicated people so impressive and inspiring. I lurked on here for nearly two months before saying hello - it really helped me when I was getting started, even if I didn't feel I could join in at that point.

For what it's worth, I think you did precisely the right thing last time - get to a place you're happy with then switch to a realistic balanced diet. The rest is a long-term mental challenge that I'll be dealing with later this year (and forever).

Personally I'm assuming an almost immediate bounce back of about 7lbs when I stop Exante and start eating and exercising harder, and I've factored that into my 'goal'.

Good luck. Follow some of the more experienced people on here and you can't fail :)

Back