Long term weight losss

*Emsie*

Gold Member
Hi
I've lost nearly 3 stone (hopefully will be 3 stone this week! Fingers crossed!) and have a lot more to lose!
Would like to lose 4-6 more stone I think :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was just wondering how people who had lost these kind of amounts have found things as they have gone along? Have you had to adapt your eating plan? How have you felt etc? Have there been lots of ups and downs?

Think its because its the start of a new year and am thinking about the lotta stones I want to lose rather than the half stone milestones which usually work well for me.
Have been to group over christmas but its not been quite the same as not many there etc...can't wait for it to be back to normal!

Hi there...firstly fingers crossed for your 3 stone award!

Secondly, I have lost 7 stone in total, even with my blip at Christmas time! I dont go to class, but thanks to everyone on here, I am able to put together my eating plan, even following EE sometimes.
I still have another 4 stone to loose before I reach goal of 10 stone, but I dont look that far ahead as it would depress me! Lol.
I just take each day as it comes, rather than look towards the next 7lb mark, its easier for me to keep focus that way.

Once the class begins to fill up again you will find that you can focus better yourself.
Good luck and well done for going to class over Christmas! I just went down hill from mid November!

I lost 3 stones last year and I still have 9 stones to lose - BIG hurdle!!!!

I don't go to a class, but I found this fabulous forum and made some wonderful friends on here, and they keep me motivated and focused on my diet.

I am a slow loser, but I am determined to get to my goal no matter how long it takes.

Good luck for your 3 stone award.

Hi Emsie.

Firstly, well done on your losses to date. *almost* (hopefully official this WI) 3 stone is amazing and you must be feeling proud, healthier and happier?

I've lost 21lbs so far (thanks to gain at Christmas lol) and want to lost another 17lbs to get to my target of 9stone7lbs.

Thought my total loss won't be anywhere near what you, Mrs V and others will achieve, I think the fundamentals of long term weight loss and maintenance are the same. Heck it's taken me AGES to lose this weight and some can lose it in a few weeks lol. Just remember, every BODY is different and everyone has different goals.

Just carry on doing what you're doing and like Mrs V says, I find it easier to not look to the end point.

I set myself mini goals...I find I work best to a Target but I make them more achievable shorter term. So mostly mine are 7lbs or so.

Good luck and well done xxx

Hi

I have lost 6st and have another 2 to go. I agree with Mrs V that you need to look at it in small sections and take it slowly.

I lose just an average of 1lb a week and really seee each 1lb as a massive achievement. This is the first time ever in my numerous diet attempts when I have decided to take it slowly- In previous attempts I would always try and lose as much as possible in the shortest time and always ended up falling off the wagon and putting it back on again.

This time has been slow, consistent and sensible. I have allowed myself sesible treats, have eaten out tons, have drank probably too much and used flexible syns a lot. This is the first diet attempt even in my life where I feel 'normal' about food, don't beat myself up too much about the odd lapse and the first time ever I KNOW I will get to target.

My advice is don't pressurise yourself with targets and amounts, just treat each loss as a massive victory. Even if it takes 10 years, so what as long as the journey is enjoyable and sustainable and when you get to goal you will stay there

Good luck

xxx

Well done to you all on your losses! and good luck with the rest of your journeys!

Thanks for your tips. I do find having something to aim for keeps me focussed, otherwise I'd slip but yes 4 -6 stone is a long way off so don't want to worry about that far ahead!

I agree with you Cocktail Princess about feeling normal about food! I used to feel that food controlled me! Now I have the power to choose wether I eat or what I eat and thats how I've got this far so hopefully it will help me get further.

Good luck to us all :D

I used to feel that food controlled me! Now I have the power to choose wether I eat or what I eat and thats how I've got this far so hopefully it will help me get further.
:D
Completely agree- because SW allows you unlimited quantities of certain food there is always SOMETHING I can eat when I am craving comfort.

Don't get me wrong- I occasionally eat stuff I shouldn't (the other night all I could think about was chocolate despite not being hungry and already having had my syns- chocolate won on that occasion), but that is getting less and less and I don't beat myself up about it as much now. Like you say, you are more in control than the food.

Feels good, doesn't it?

xxx

Hi and well done on your weight loss so far!

I have lost 5 and a half stone in 11 months following slimming world. Since October though I have struggled and my losses have slowed. Luckily I have only gained twice; on holiday and over Christmas. I have started the new year with the determination I had when I started, as I still have around two stone to loose. It was disheartening to see the losses slow, however when I sat down and looked at what I was eating there were small changes that can make a big difference. I still have my treats I think I would struggle without and I do use flexible syns when I need to. Hopefully by my holiday in the summer I will be nearer where I want to be. Good luck x x

Back