Long time lurker, first time poster..

LONG POST WARNING!

Hi everyone,

I discovered this site about a year ago but been too shy to post until now. Bit of backstory - I have been on and off a diet since I was 11. I'm tall (5ft 10) so always kidded myself I could get away with it. I lost weight befire I went to uni on ww and got down to 11.7 st and was a perfect size 14 which was fine for me. I piled it on at uni and left 3 stone heavier - I then discovered SW and lost 2 stone and since then over the last 6 years I think I've been to SW 7 times and lost and gained the same two stone over and over again.

For the last year I've been the heaviest I've ever been - I've tried SW again, WW again and a stupid VLCD thing which made me pass out at work. My problem is I binge and derail myself very easily. Anyway I saw some horrendous photos of me over Christmas so decided to do something about it. So I am back on SW and have been since Tuesday, moving out of a shared house and into a flat on my own which I think will help with temptation, and I am determined to do this this time. I'm a bridesmaid for my brother's wedding at the end of August and I want to be 2 1/2 stone down my then.

Sorry for the long post, my convoluted way of saying hello! Never really managed to get my head round extra easy but going to give it a go. Thanks for reading xxx

Hiya, Take the C off Chips, I think I am going to call you Chips lol :D

It must be the days for bridesmaids, I'm going to be one next summer too and there's nothing like a bit of incentive to keep the old motivation levels high

Now you have made the first step, keep posting, dont disappear back into lurkdom :p Good luck in your weightloss

Ooh, welcome! I'll jump on the bandwagon and call you 'Chips' too if you don't mind. :D

Good luck with your weightloss and don't go back to being a lurker! :)

Thank you - I'll try not too. First proper EE day today, so far have had a Alpen Light bar for breakfast with a plum, snack another Alpen Light with an apple, lunch is rice and tuna with cherry toms and peppers to make up my 1/3 Superfree, with 3 LC mixed in, and then another plum. Low fat jelly for snack mid-afternoon, not sure about dinner yet. Does that sound OK so far for EE?

i love the name hahaha take c of the chips ill think of that everytime im tempted for non sw chips ;)

Thank you - I'll try not too. First proper EE day today, so far have had a Alpen Light bar for breakfast with a plum, snack another Alpen Light with an apple, lunch is rice and tuna with cherry toms and peppers to make up my 1/3 Superfree, with 3 LC mixed in, and then another plum. Low fat jelly for snack mid-afternoon, not sure about dinner yet. Does that sound OK so far for EE?

Looks good to me but where's the syns?! They're the fun bit, don't forget to have them and enjoy them, they're there for a reason.

Welcome and good luck with your journey xxxxx

Thank you! I think I'll have something with gravy tonight to get some syns in and some snack a jacks if i get peckish- off alcohol this month as that is where my syns would normally go!

Oh, and forgot to add I'm going it alone, w/i Tuesday mornings.

:welcome: Good to see you've taken the plunge! Yes the food looks ok, but remember you can have up to 15 syns a day, and if you try and cut back on them you won't lose as fast.

Hi chips welcome. I've done sw several times over the years (red and green).
This time I am doing EE with average 8 syns a day. Seems to have done the trick in this weeks weight loss.

Thanks all - I have always done better on SW when I've had more syns - just about reeducating myself that it's OK after weeks of starving myself and then bingeing and ending up bigger than I started! :)

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to Sw again!! and minimins!!

Good luck on your weight loss journey x

Hi - your story sounds so very very similar to mine!

I just counted up and this is actually the 13th time i've joined Slimming world since I first started back in 2002! This time though i'm staying till I reach, and maintain target. I feel like i've wasted my 20's being overweight and putting things off 'till i've lost some weight'. Well not anymore!!

Good luck!

Well done for posting, I think that keeping a diary on the site will help, as you can talk about your relationship to food, and get support and tips. Just not having to go it alone can really help.

Q

Thanks everyone for all your lovely messages - feeling better already! :)

Thank you! I think I'll have something with gravy tonight to get some syns in and some snack a jacks if i get peckish- off alcohol this month as that is where my syns would normally go!

Oh, and forgot to add I'm going it alone, w/i Tuesday mornings.

Hi! I'm going it alone too with a weigh in on Tuesday!
Good luck with with the plan!
:D

SW is a great lifestyle to adopt, just got to remember that any mistakes that can be made are allowed because we're only human. I hope you get to where you want to be for august! Good luck! X

Back