Longevity on CD

_Flower_

I was talking to my husband about the diet and mentioned that the average weight loss is about a stone a month, so should be near target within the year if i am 100%.
He asked if It was even possible to do it for a year, I wasn't sure but I know someone here would know.

He also said (in a nice way) that he wasn't sure I'd be able to do it for that long because of my depression and my comfort eating. Its worried me a little because he has a point, I know I haven't started but I remember how much I struggled after a week last time, I was glad I had an excuse to give up because my demons were getting the better of me.

Can you stay on the plan for a year without doing damage? and if so how?

As far as I know hon you have to have every 13th week on an increased calorie diet say about 800 . I m on Prozac and that's what they told me. It's severe depression and bipolar that need to be treated differently.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yep, that is right, is on SS you can only do 12 weeks then have to step up to 810 for a week, then you can do another 12 weeks SS/SS+ .. i think those are the guidelines for all VLCDs, so you can definitely be on Cambridge Diet for a year just not completely on Sole Source for the whole 52 weeks.

good luck

That's not so bad, I'm debating about whether just to do 810. I did CD before the new 810 plans so I did my own thing of having 3 shakes and then making the calorie difference up with milk and the milk really helped me feel full without having to risk food.

I thought I was going to do that but when it came down to it - it's easier without food !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

it's a personal thing, but i wouldn't have been able to stick to any of the 'with food' plans. i needed to be able to tell myself that i just don't 'do' food.

by the time i finish i will have been on this diet for one day short of 8 months. i've currently done more than five months of that. no cheats or blips or breaks - except for when i had to go up to 810 for week thirteen.

i also suffer from clinical depression - which certainly hasn't gone away, but has been ameliorated by not having to deal with my relationship with food. of course, now i can't self-medicate it with food it has been hard. you have to find other ways of coping. i've cried a fair bit. but learning to sit with depressive feelings rather than smother them under a duvet of carbs has been quite eye-opening.

anyway, it *is* doable.

Good morning Flower,

My CDC lost 16 stone in 11 months - basically he was told he was going to die at 30 stones if he didn't.

It's a remarkable turnaround - and he's as fit as a fiddle now.

It's certainly possible through bloody mindedness, doesn't seem to be any long term issues.

I guess the key is whether you can regulate yourself to the food you should have on 810. I certainly couldn't - I'd be nipping to the takeaway and rationalising it in my mind!!!

At the end of the day (it gets dark), only YOU can beat those demons and only YOU can help yourself, really. This diet is 100% doable - there are so many success stories, and inspirations just on this forum! You CAN do it, it's just about letting/making yourself. This applies to myself as well, so please don't think I'm preaching :)

I binge/comfort eat whenever I let myself eat food (although I was actually surprisingly good when I did 810 - it seems to help to have strict measurements to adhere to), and so like a lot of others here the whole "no food" thing is actually kind of freeing.

Good luck with whatever decision you make :)

I think the only issues are going to be battling my head.
I've always assumed my depression is down to weight issues and confidence issues.
Guess only time will tell

Back