Longevity on CD

_Flower_

I was talking to my husband about the diet and mentioned that the average weight loss is about a stone a month, so should be near target within the year if i am 100%.
He asked if It was even possible to do it for a year, I wasn't sure but I know someone here would know.

He also said (in a nice way) that he wasn't sure I'd be able to do it for that long because of my depression and my comfort eating. Its worried me a little because he has a point, I know I haven't started but I remember how much I struggled after a week last time, I was glad I had an excuse to give up because my demons were getting the better of me.

Can you stay on the plan for a year without doing damage? and if so how?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Alfielulu

S: 14st4lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 1st13lb(13.5%)
As far as I know hon you have to have every 13th week on an increased calorie diet say about 800 . I m on Prozac and that's what they told me. It's severe depression and bipolar that need to be treated differently.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

barbara-ann

S: 16st7lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 3st8lb(21.65%)
yep, that is right, is on SS you can only do 12 weeks then have to step up to 810 for a week, then you can do another 12 weeks SS/SS+ .. i think those are the guidelines for all VLCDs, so you can definitely be on Cambridge Diet for a year just not completely on Sole Source for the whole 52 weeks.

good luck

_Flower_

That's not so bad, I'm debating about whether just to do 810. I did CD before the new 810 plans so I did my own thing of having 3 shakes and then making the calorie difference up with milk and the milk really helped me feel full without having to risk food.

Alfielulu

S: 14st4lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 1st13lb(13.5%)
I thought I was going to do that but when it came down to it - it's easier without food !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

spangles

Bouncy Castle
S: 19st4lb C: 12st5.5lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 6st12.5lb(35.74%)
it's a personal thing, but i wouldn't have been able to stick to any of the 'with food' plans. i needed to be able to tell myself that i just don't 'do' food.

by the time i finish i will have been on this diet for one day short of 8 months. i've currently done more than five months of that. no cheats or blips or breaks - except for when i had to go up to 810 for week thirteen.

i also suffer from clinical depression - which certainly hasn't gone away, but has been ameliorated by not having to deal with my relationship with food. of course, now i can't self-medicate it with food it has been hard. you have to find other ways of coping. i've cried a fair bit. but learning to sit with depressive feelings rather than smother them under a duvet of carbs has been quite eye-opening.

anyway, it *is* doable.

Ian1975

S: 13st2.0lb C: 13st2.0lb G: 11st10.0lb BMI: 28 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Good morning Flower,

My CDC lost 16 stone in 11 months - basically he was told he was going to die at 30 stones if he didn't.

It's a remarkable turnaround - and he's as fit as a fiddle now.

It's certainly possible through bloody mindedness, doesn't seem to be any long term issues.

I guess the key is whether you can regulate yourself to the food you should have on 810. I certainly couldn't - I'd be nipping to the takeaway and rationalising it in my mind!!!

choufleur

S: 16st2lb C: 14st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 1st13lb(11.95%)
At the end of the day (it gets dark), only YOU can beat those demons and only YOU can help yourself, really. This diet is 100% doable - there are so many success stories, and inspirations just on this forum! You CAN do it, it's just about letting/making yourself. This applies to myself as well, so please don't think I'm preaching :)

I binge/comfort eat whenever I let myself eat food (although I was actually surprisingly good when I did 810 - it seems to help to have strict measurements to adhere to), and so like a lot of others here the whole "no food" thing is actually kind of freeing.

Good luck with whatever decision you make :)

_Flower_

I think the only issues are going to be battling my head.
I've always assumed my depression is down to weight issues and confidence issues.
Guess only time will tell