Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

Hey aqua and sookie. The hols is costing a fortune but what do you do when kids in school. We got a letter two days ago saying it's against the law (!) To take our kids out of school for family hols! Anyway, going to icmeler on the 19th August. It's next to marmaris, been there twice and been to Turkey loads first holiday there was 19 years ago. The hotel seems to have something for all three of us so happy days!

Though you got 10 days by law... But that may have been sometime ago.. We always took ours out in June for holiday... Otherwise could never have taken them.. Holiday companies need shooting x

Though you got 10 days by law... But that may have been sometime ago.. We always took ours out in June for holiday... Otherwise could never have taken them.. Holiday companies need shooting x

Indeed, but we both work full time and it means extra child care if we are not off in the six weeks hols! Cannot win, reckon we got 5 years of it left lol!

The Rocky roads are really lush hey :) The cheesecake ones do look lush too though... got to be tried. Apparently they might not be out til the end of the month but I shall enquire at class tomorrow night. October we have 2 weeks off work so out to France for Becky's 21st for a few days with her and then maybe travel down through a bit or pop into Belgium, though Dave is saying do that for a few days ferry back and last min cheapie somewhere hot, do who knows! August no idea yet as whatever needs to be relatively cheaper though it's so tempting just to go somewhere all inclusive and chill - pennies though. We shall see. Not sure how I will do at WI tomorrow as monthly due so might be that the results don't show this week, one of those things.

The Rocky roads are really lush hey :) The cheesecake ones do look lush too though... got to be tried. Apparently they might not be out til the end of the month but I shall enquire at class tomorrow night. October we have 2 weeks off work so out to France for Becky's 21st for a few days with her and then maybe travel down through a bit or pop into Belgium, though Dave is saying do that for a few days ferry back and last min cheapie somewhere hot, do who knows! August no idea yet as whatever needs to be relatively cheaper though it's so tempting just to go somewhere all inclusive and chill - pennies though. We shall see. Not sure how I will do at WI tomorrow as monthly due so might be that the results don't show this week, one of those things.

Aqua, couldn't imagine having a 21 year old! But I could have, my cousin is the same age as me (44) and has a daughter 23. Will be lovely for you to spend sometime with her. Good luck for WI tomorrow x

Hi everyone, just catching up and I want to go on holiday too, I'm well jel about aqua & Geordies plans even though I've no right having already been away. Never been to turkey so have fun Geordie and France, not been since a college trip many years ago when I was daft so can't recall a thing Aqua.

Actually about the new SW bars, our consultant told us about a new flavour but claimed it was a secret she can't tell us! Question is should I spill the beans to my fellow skimmers on Monday? Xx

I love France :) so excited to be going as not been to that part before and if's my daughter's v special 21 st birthday - got to be done - but not until mid October. Need to do something in Aug and that time off can't come soon enough as need a break from work. Think we all crave nice holidays Cookie - a permanent one from work would be good - if only we could afford it huh :) um it's not much of a secret if there are leaked piccies of the new 'secret' bars on the web lol

Oh and Geordie I already have a 22 year old :). Definitely don't feel old enough! Two of mine and Dave has five but his youngest is 24 oldest 32. We only have three at home with us :)

I reeeeeeaaaaalllly want to go on holiday now!! Lol this conversation us making me jealous!

I felt old when my daughter turned 10.. Lol she is now 29, when she turns 30 in sure it will hit me with a big "your now really old" :)

Not got a holiday now until November, hoping we get something booked before, as I'm a sun bunny and just love being on the beach with my kindle...

Do you have to be an online member to be able to order stuff from slimming world x

Hi All sorry plus 0.5 lb for me, been really good but monthly due so should disappear well next week. Oh well :)

Yes sookie you need to be a member to buy the books etc from SW web/ classes

Half a pound is neither here or there to be honest. I have to say for the last two months on this diet when my monthly had loomed I firstly put on a pound and next month STS. So don't be disheartened, you are doing fab x. Prediction from what I have heard at work today is good weather for the next week. Are you planning a weekend at the beach again?

Yup weekend on the beach :) food shop just done, lovely daughter tidied house for me today so green light to off to the beach early on Saturday with her and Sunday hubby too. Just having Edgbert's vanilla coffee and a read of my new SW mag :) coffee is yum.

Where about's in Cornwall are you.. I have lived in Somerset for 27 years and only been to Cornwall 3 times.. Last time we went I fell in love and now want to move there... Polperro is my favourite place... X

Not sure I updated but I've 0.5 off. All was going just OK not brilliant until today! My son who had a bone marrow transplant last year was to go to France on a pilgrimage with my mum and sister. He was to leave yesterday morning at 5am but at 3.30am I had to bring him to hospital because he has croup and because of his low immune system (he was born without one and new one hasn't fully taken yet ), docs advised against going to France. I was definitely relieved as I wouldn't have settled with him in France but I had plans for the 5days he was to be away to clean the house and get it in order before I return to work after being off 2years!! Poor wee man is grand now and we got out in the morning but I'm wrecked and have had food made for me today. White toast, butter Bacon and eggs!!

Not sure I updated but I've 0.5 off. All was going just OK not brilliant until today! My son who had a bone marrow transplant last year was to go to France on a pilgrimage with my mum and sister. He was to leave yesterday morning at 5am but at 3.30am I had to bring him to hospital because he has croup and because of his low immune system (he was born without one and new one hasn't fully taken yet ), docs advised against going to France. I was definitely relieved as I wouldn't have settled with him in France but I had plans for the 5days he was to be away to clean the house and get it in order before I return to work after being off 2years!! Poor wee man is grand now and we got out in the morning but I'm wrecked and have had food made for me today. White toast, butter Bacon and eggs!!

Hi BMG, croup? I don't even know what it is but I'm glad your little man is now ok again! Given what you've been through a bacon & egg sounds ideal and its only one meal. So for the next 5 days, stuff the cleaning, enjoy the last few days with your little boy, or just do a little bit if you must! Congrats also on your loss its all going in the right way xx

My son was in and out of hospital with croup.. He eventually out grew it.Nasty thing.. Glad your boy is better now..

I'm debating wether or not to open a bottle if wine and sit out in the garden and chill. Hope everyone is good.
STS for me this week x

Hi All. Geordie I'm feeling ok re the gain as it should shoot down next week, started the monthly the same evening after weigh in so a fluid blip - determined to get my 2 stone award before 10 Aug - holiday week. Sookie I live south coast, mid Cornwall - Mevagissey/Charlestown region. Polperro is gorgeous but not sure I'd want to live there as more of an awkward commute re work etc. Do love visiting there though :) BMG sounds like you have had a worrying time with your son and all been through it a bit x glad he is home now - not surprised on the end of that that you just needed food, I'd have been the same, anyhow eggs and bacon were fine and it's only flexi syns re the white toast etc, all fine and helped you through. Another gorgeous sunny weekend so off to the beach with my daughter today ( hubby working) but all going again tomorrow

BMG, Glad you boy is ok now, bless him. Tough times. Well done on the half pound off. Aqua I haven't been to Cornwall, would love to, it's on my to do list. You should have a good loss this week too. Mam and Dad are off to weston super mare on Monday for a five day holiday and I am cat sitting. Looks like they should have good weather! Sookie, hope you opened that wine!

Last edited:
Been a super day on the beach today, swam in the sea twice. Just have scotch eggs cooking ready for picnic tomorrow and some savoury rice to make up a salad box to take too. Did Indonesian yellow curry from the SW cookbook tonight with strawberries fir pud. Definitely don't feel hard done by on SW plans ;) Sesame sticky chicken, new potatoes and salad for after the beach tomorrow. .

wine opened and nearly drunk... Weston super mare... 20 mins up the road for me.. Not been there for ages, at least they have the weather...
X

Back