looking for a buddy!

fattofit2011

Hi all. Just started Atkins yesterday and waswondering if anyone would like to be my buddy, I have 10 stone to lose and would lie some online friendly support x

Hi :) I was planning to start Saturday but its started this lunchtime instead as I couldn't stand the thought of another vlcd sachet!

I want to lose 4 stone and happy to buddy up, swap ideas and kicks up the bum when needed lol

I'm tucking into a chicken and cheese salad as I type - after 14 days if no real food it's absolute bliss :)
Xx

Hi there! I'd be happy to bud up with both of you!! I've been low carb now since late August and have dropped just over 2 stone. My loss has hit a plateau right now so I could really do with buddying up, so we can encourage each other :)

Hi guys that's great! Wow orchid 2stone is fab and hi Claire I've never tried aAtkins b4 so it's all new to me I have tried the Cambridge diet which is similar but without the food ! Ha ha nice to meet u both x x x

I did the Cambridge diet a long time ago - put all the weight back on! I've been a happy atkinser since April. Good luck getting started!

Great that we've all experienced "no eating" then and now the joys of Atkins :)
I loved eating today, not expecting big results after losing 12 in last 10 days so a steady loss of 1-2lb a week will be fantastic - not sure how my weight will be the few days during the change to Atkins but not going to worry.

Was a real change to how I've shopped in years, after WW, SW etc for so many years I've always brought low fat etc so to pick up full fat today was excitingly strange. Have brought some yummy pork, salmon, chicken and prawns :) cream and cheese too wohoo
Dinner was 3 sainsburys best sausages for 2.4g carbs and a side salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, olives, crumbled feta and a squeeze of Hellmans - was delicious.

Hope you've both had a great day xx

I've done Exante VLCD before, which was hellish - it worked and i lost weight but went crazy afterwards and put it all back on, lol.

Started Atkins in January at over 19 stone and lost more than 4 stone this year, had a few months off too. Love this way of eating and it's relatively easy to stick at long term (compared to VLCD that is!).

Good luck, and enjoy eating ;).

I've done Exante VLCD before, which was hellish - it worked and i lost weight but went crazy afterwards and put it all back on, lol.

Started Atkins in January at over 19 stone and lost more than 4 stone this year, had a few months off too. Love this way of eating and it's relatively easy to stick at long term (compared to VLCD that is!).

Good luck, and enjoy eating ;).

Wow well done thats a fab loss. I do agree that after leaving a vlcd you do tend to go mad - when your following it you have lots of good intentions of not going back to old ways but boy oh boy that didn't work lol

Really enjoyed todays food, have made a cheese and ham quiche for brekkie tomorrow - going out for lunch at work, have checked menu in advance so I can make sensible Atkins friendly choices :)

Ahhhh tis so nice to eat :D

xx

Good morning , some great losses can't wait to get to my first stone, had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and I have lost 4 lbs in two days ! I know its only water but makes me feel good he he made a slight mistake with.breakfast today tho I got honey roast ham instead of normal so my fitness pal has said I have already had my 5% carbs for today ;( may have to g over a little today I will just stick to lettuce i think x x x x x

Don't just look at the percent, look at the grams. You can have up to 20g - and remember the percentage is only based on what you've eaten so far - have you inputted your whole days food? You need to do that before the percentage will mean anything so stick to under 20g and you'll be ok. I very much doubt even honey roast ham has 20g carbs in.

If you're using the mfp app, here is an example of how I do it.

First I put in all the food I'm planning to eat today.

image-4088688069.jpg

Then I check how many grams of carbs there are in what I'm eating. If I'm doing induction, I want to be under 20g.

image-3954557619.jpg

Then I check out the ratios. If I'm under 20g carbs but my fat is too low, I might add a bit of cheese or some butter in my cooking to bump that figure up. But the ratios are less important than just keeping under 20g carbs.

image-4218391982.jpg

Thanks moonlight yesterday after my full day my chart said 53 fat 44 protein and 3 % carbs is that ok x x x

What did it say about grams? The total grams of carbs are the most important part. Not the pie chart, the list.

Otherwise you could do with trying to get your protein between 30-35% and fat between 60-65% on the pie chart, but really if you're under 20g carbs on the list youre doing ok.

10 g of grabs x

Carbs lol x

10g carbs is fine - ideally you want between 15g and 20g a day with most of it coming from induction veggies.

I know it can all seem complicated but the most most most important thing on induction is being under 20g of carbs. Other than that eat protein and fats and you will be fine xx

This one is a bit "to much info" but I heard people get constipated on Atkins but I am the opposite ? Is this right ? X

It's fine, I've never been constipated personally - no one experience fits all.

Hi there! I am on day 4 of atkins, I also did Cambridge 3 years ago and gained it all back plus 2 stone :( tried SW for ages but couldn't shift anything, read dr atkins book an I've got to say it makes sense! I have 4 stone to lose. Haven't weighed myself yet but I'm definitely less bloated and grumpy already. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is running out of breakfast ideas, i think I'll get sick of combining eggs with something every day.

How are you all getting on?

There's no need to stick to conventional breakfast food. Try: prawns or chicken with a mayo dip, ham and cheese roll-ups, celery and cream cheese, asparagus sticks with butter, mashed avocado with cheese, leftover meat from your evening meal, etc etc. I almost never have eggs in the morning, though there are all sorts of combos of omelettes and quiches to try.

Back