looking for a buddy!

Hi beaut, I'm also on day 4 and have lost 4 lbs up to to now, I have cream cheese wrapped in ham for my brekki or bacon and egg but I have heard on here that people have the left overs from last night's dinner for there breakfast as there isn't a lot u can have lol I may try jelly and cream if I get fed up x x good luck hun and keep us posted x Hayley x

Hi Hayley how are you getting on? I decided to get some ketostix as I thought I was doing the diet wrong and wasn't in ketosis, totally wrong! Nice dark purple, never got that on the Cambridge diet! Feel really happy, haven't been snappy at all, waking up early and bounding out of bed, I like this diet :)

Thanks for the breakfast suggestions moon, I think I'll have some cream cheese and salmon tomorrow xz

beautifulbride2013 said:
8lbs off in week one :) very happy with that x

Fantastic well done :)
I had also been losing which surprised me coming straight from a vlcd but I'm poorly now and had to resort to cough medicine but with 2 tsp containing 15.6g carbs and needing 3-4 doses a day it's not going to be good!!

Sticking to 20g carbs for all meals so hopefully as soon as off the medicine I can get back in ketosis and see the losses - I have really enjoyed the food this week thankfully. Xx

Poor you! Hope you feel better soon. Cough syrups are full of sugar, that's why they work so well ;) the food is good isn't it, in about to have chicken breast grilled with a bit of sour cream and half an avocado, yum! Xx

You can usually find sugar free cough syrups - ask the chemist, and halls do a sugar free throat sweet. Sweetened with polyols so not ideal but preferable to real sugar.

Congrats on all your losses!

moonlights said:
You can usually find sugar free cough syrups - ask the chemist, and halls do a sugar free throat sweet. Sweetened with polyols so not ideal but preferable to real sugar.

Congrats on all your losses!

Chemist was closed on Saturday afternoon as we live in a village and so needed medicine. Did get the sugar free halls but still 3g carb each ekkk
Darn cough! Can't wait to feel better x

I suspeeect they're including the sugar alcohols in that carb count. I don't have a pack to hand so can't check but 1g of standard carbohydrate is 4 calories and those drops don't seem to be 12 calories to me - not including any other ingredient.

Can I be a buddy too? Just joined, been on Atkins (well trying to be on Atkins) since Saturday.

Would be great to have someone to help keep me motivated?

Back