Looking for CC advice

skinny-me-at-30

Hi everyone, im looking for some advice, i started my diet...well eating healthy/exercise just under 2 weeks ago, i have lost but have had a cpl of slip ups! (not being 100% healthy all the time) plus i had a wee look at myfitnesspal, and on there is said i should be eating 1500 cals!!! which i am not doing, no where near i dont think. plus im exercising witch adds more! was just wanting to ask use all if i had a daily amount say 1200 would that be enough to still lose weight (while exercing)

hope someone can help. thanks.

Hi everyone, im looking for some advice, i started my diet...well eating healthy/exercise just under 2 weeks ago, i have lost but have had a cpl of slip ups! (not being 100% healthy all the time) plus i had a wee look at myfitnesspal, and on there is said i should be eating 1500 cals!!! which i am not doing, no where near i dont think. plus im exercising witch adds more! was just wanting to ask use all if i had a daily amount say 1200 would that be enough to still lose weight (while exercing)

hope someone can help. thanks.
Hi, I am no expert but in your place I'd follow the advice of MFP, if you have too few calories and exercise at any stage, your body could go into starvation mode & your weight loss would stall.
Good luck. :)

Edit/
You say you don't think your eating 1500cal's, does that mean you aren't counting them? Oh hun, that's a must!

Last edited:
Hey thanks for getting back to me :)

Well to be honest no, i wasnt, as i had did all the diets, so didnt want to see this as one, just thought id make healthy choices, but i thought id look on mfp, and put in a couple od my days menus that i had had, and it was saying that it was under 1000cals! i was shocked cos i thought i was eating ok. but i was (at night time) still a bit hungry i thought it was just cravings for junk (witch i have gave into a cpl of times! :() so maby im just not eating enough?

It does say the min i should eat is 1200cals, just thought id ask for some help on here as it is all new to me and dont know what to do for the best :(

thanks again.

1500 sounds about right for the weight on your details. I would try to eat around that each day but don't worry too much about the extra cals MFP adds on for the exercise. It once told me I could have an extra 700 cals because I'd done 45 mins weeding in the garden lol.

Try and add some extra fruit or smoothies to your meals to get your cals up a bit if you're genuinely not hungry. Or just go for a slightly larger portion than you're having.

Eating too little can slow your metabolism down and then you'll plateau.

Thanks tranquility for replying back to me, my question had lots of views but 1 post :( not nice lol so thanks.

Really so the 1500 sounds right, ot just seems alot :eek: thats funny about the garden cals! lol :p wont be adding them on lol

But the smoothies idea sounds good, or as you say extra fruit. its weird you in a way dont want to eat alot, or say be really full.

for some reason over the past 2 weeks, iv hated the full feeling! so maby thats somthing i need to work on.

thanks again.x

I think everyone is different and it takes a while to find what works for you. There is no set in stone You must eat x y or z ;) if your eating as healthily as you can and don't feel bad and the weight is coming off then you have got it right :) I really don't personally believe in stuffing extra food in that my body isn't asking for! Coz that's kinda how I ended up here haha!!

That said.......common sense will tell you that eating 1500 cals of big mac a day won't make you thin ;) neither will eating 800 cals and working out for three hours!! It'll just make you ill.

When I started I set my limit at 1400 so it was there if I needed it. It also gave me room to realistically move the goal posts down (or even up) if my losses slowed down.

Sorry had to edit as I pressed go too soon :)

Last edited:
Thanks legomom :)

That does sound good being able to take my cals down or up pending on what way weight loss is goin or weight gain :eek: hehe.

Yeah and the extra food has to go! that is why I am here too, so really want to get out of that bad habit :eek:

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Your welcome.
The forums a little quiet with people off on their jollyholly's lol You would usually be swamped with advice ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Like with most eating plans it's about being healthy - so most of your calories should come from main food groups - you could eat your calories, lose weight but I assume still clog your arteries or have bad blood sugar highs and lows

That said it's all about common sense and everything on moderation

MFP tells me off if I'm below 1200 calories which my target to lose 1 pound per week.

If I'm over I exercise to bring it back in line - if I'm under I eat something - still practicing getting the balance!!

Good luck!

Hi Skinny-me,

I think you have had some good advice so far.
MFP is like my right hand. I am always on there logging everything. It says my cal limit is 1750. Some days I eat all of them and other days I don't. I try to never eat below 1200. I have had days when I have struggled to eat all my calories so I use fruit juice and nuts to give me a boost, but do it sensibly.
I personally don't eat back my exercise calories. If I am extra hungry though, I will allow myself to dip into them. To be honest there are no set rules, and everyone is different, so you need to workout what is good for you. You will soon fall into a fab routine. :)

Thanks guys :)

Yeah well i have only been doing it for 2 days cal counting that is) so hopefully pick it up, over the next few days, im luvin mfp!! so easy to keep track! iv now got my diary moved over to the cal counting section too :)

thanks again your help xx

I havent really got any advice to give as i have only been doing CC for a week and am stuggling abit to find a balance with it all too, and tbh i think everyone has given you the best advice you could have already. reading all this has actually helped me aswell so thankyou everyone who has posted on here :D
and good luck with everything, your already doing so great, keep it up :D x

laurenmXD said:
I havent really got any advice to give as i have only been doing CC for a week and am stuggling abit to find a balance with it all too, and tbh i think everyone has given you the best advice you could have already. reading all this has actually helped me aswell so thankyou everyone who has posted on here :D
and good luck with everything, your already doing so great, keep it up :D x

Lol I agree, I'm very new to this only 2 days in, am enjoying it though. Love MFP espexially the bar code scanner I'm addicted! Feel free to friend me x

Since starting CCing, using MFP, I have three 'must dos' that deffo work for me.

1. Use a HRM. You can pick them up from £12 - it'll be the best money you ever invest in yourself.
2. Eat back those exercise calories, ESPECIALLY if you're working out hard. I sometimes have 3000+ to eat back, which I now think was a BIG factor in my not losing weight at a consistent rate before starting CCing.
3. Water is your best friend. Drink, drink, drink, drink, drink.

Personally I'd suggest you set up your goals on MFP and follow their way of doing it, eating back your cals etc. until/unless you get to a point it's not working for you. Trying to do it part MFP's way, part your own way would confuse the hell out of me, AND my body - but that's just me :)

Best of luck girly!
x

Since starting CCing, using MFP, I have three 'must dos' that deffo work for me.

1. Use a HRM. You can pick them up from £12 - it'll be the best money you ever invest in yourself.
2. Eat back those exercise calories, ESPECIALLY if you're working out hard. I sometimes have 3000+ to eat back, which I now think was a BIG factor in my not losing weight at a consistent rate before starting CCing.
3. Water is your best friend. Drink, drink, drink, drink, drink.

Personally I'd suggest you set up your goals on MFP and follow their way of doing it, eating back your cals etc. until/unless you get to a point it's not working for you. Trying to do it part MFP's way, part your own way would confuse the hell out of me, AND my body - but that's just me :)

Best of luck girly!
x

I just bought myself a HRM. Can't wait to start using it at the gym. Everyone on minimins can't speak highly enough of them.

They are the bee's knees! SUCH an incentive to do more / more often / a wee bit longer/harder.....VERY interesting too. And SUCH a boost when you have to adjust your weight DOWN each week!

Back