Looking for Love

Hannah, I'm feeling exactly the same, I've lost practically the same as you and it's given me bags more confidence too, but I still can't find Mr Right, there's plenty of Mr Right now's but I think I've gotten alot more fussy now. Plus my last boyfriend texted me after we were together for three months to finish it cos he got back with his ex. It's totally put me off, I want to meet someone special but I'm just waiting for some fecker to do the exact same thing again. God, being single sucks!!!!!

Yeah I got put off after the last one (in February) had forgotten he had a wife. I just lost interest after that. Unfortunately that was also the time I had lots of personal problems and put on loads of weight. I then felt there was no point looking because I didn't like how I looked so how could I expect anyone else to like me?

I didn't mean you Reject Doll, I was just talking generally. I've tried dating sites myself and have never had any luck with them. I would love to be in a long term relationship, but each year that passes just seems to eat away at my hope for it ever happening. Also, like some of you have mentioned, having been hurt before doesn't help either.

I didn't mean you Reject Doll, I was just talking generally. I've tried dating sites myself and have never had any luck with them. I would love to be in a long term relationship, but each year that passes just seems to eat away at my hope for it ever happening. Also, like some of you have mentioned, having been hurt before doesn't help either.

Don't worry! I didn't take it that way!

I know what you mean though. I have been single for four years. I should be grateful fr what I have - my kids but I do envy friends in relationships sometimes although I am starting to feel scared about being in a relationship now because I have my own life and my own activities. If I want to slob out on the sofa with no make-up and scruffy clothes I can. I can got to bed when I want, watch what I want on telly and generally have no-one to answer to. I think I would now find it hard to adapt to having a man in my life. Ideally I need someone who would take me out when I want to go out and be my 'plus-one' when I need one. I am sounding so selfish but I am just being honest! lol

But a relationship should be something wonderful to look forward to. I think too many people expect others to change, which is probably why you feel you wouldn't be able to comfortably do things that you do now and would have to adapt.

I'm having trouble trying to say what is on my mind now. Maybe it's too late to think about such things. My bed is calling me. :(

But a relationship should be something wonderful to look forward to. I think too many people expect others to change, which is probably why you feel you wouldn't be able to comfortably do things that you do now and would have to adapt.

I'm having trouble trying to say what is on my mind now. Maybe it's too late to think about such things. My bed is calling me. :(

I should really go to bed too!

Update, girlies, Update!!

How coincidental is this??

So I've recently got back in contact with an old "friend", we went out for a few drinks but it kind of fizzled out.

He moved back to my area not long ago and we started texting. Tonight, I told him that I was finishing work at 2am and had no way of getting home. Being the gent he is, he offered to go out of his way to give me a lift home, instead of having to walk 5 miles!

As soon as I got in the car I felt such a strong spark between us, it felt so easy and natural yet so exciting!

So one thing led to another, and lets just say I now have stubble rash!!

I'm seeing him again on Monday - can't wait! xxx

I know what you mean though. I have been single for four years. I should be grateful fr what I have - my kids but I do envy friends in relationships sometimes although I am starting to feel scared about being in a relationship now because I have my own life and my own activities. If I want to slob out on the sofa with no make-up and scruffy clothes I can. I can got to bed when I want, watch what I want on telly and generally have no-one to answer to. I think I would now find it hard to adapt to having a man in my life. Ideally I need someone who would take me out when I want to go out and be my 'plus-one' when I need one. I am sounding so selfish but I am just being honest! lol[/QUOTE]

I agree TOTALLY with this - my thoughts are mirrored here - you are not alone x

[QUOTE

I know what you mean though. I have been single for four years. I should be grateful fr what I have - my kids but I do envy friends in relationships sometimes although I am starting to feel scared about being in a relationship now because I have my own life and my own activities. If I want to slob out on the sofa with no make-up and scruffy clothes I can. I can got to bed when I want, watch what I want on telly and generally have no-one to answer to. I think I would now find it hard to adapt to having a man in my life. Ideally I need someone who would take me out when I want to go out and be my 'plus-one' when I need one. I am sounding so selfish but I am just being honest! lol[/QUOTE]

I agree totally with you on this one - my thoughts exactly

Bev

sorry to add a reply twice - got confused with the quote thingy- great news on the date - go girl !!!!

Back