Looking for pack lunch ideas... Syn free if possible

SkyeGospel

Need to take a pack lunch in to work every day. I am really running short on ideas and inspiration at the moment and would love to hear any suggestions. I have a food flask so can take in hot food but pretty much every day am doing the same thing: fry up some mixed veg in fry light, add Somme soy sauce and a bit of seasoning and then mix in some rice and noodles. Tasty, but already getting a bit tired of having the same thing every day and it is a pain to cook it every morning.

Any (preferably cheap, tasty and easy) ideas??

Many thanks in advance!

I made a lovey flan & its nice cold.4 eggs tub cottage cheese, bacon fryed in frylight & mushrooms salt & pepper.Fry bacon & mushrooms then put in flan dish mix egg & cc pour over top cook for about 30 mins.I have mine with lots of salad.Im taking some on a day out tomorrow.

Eileen said:
I made a lovey flan & its nice cold.4 eggs tub cottage cheese, bacon fryed in frylight & mushrooms salt & pepper.Fry bacon & mushrooms then put in flan dish mix egg & cc pour over top cook for about 30 mins.I have mine with lots of salad.Im taking some on a day out tomorrow.

Thanks Eileen. I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese but will give that a try as just keen to try some variety. Thanks for the recommendation.

This is probably the single most commonly asked question on here

Theres a sticky thread in the recipe section with loads of great ideas, and if you do a search for 'lunch' in the SW section there are almost 300 different threads

Starlight said:
This is probably the single most commonly asked question on here

Theres a sticky thread in the recipe section with loads of great ideas, and if you do a search for 'lunch' in the SW section there are almost 300 different threads

Thanks Starlight... I'll go look through there now.

What I tend to do, is make dinner, and make extra to bring to work for lunch! I know it's not for everyone if you get bored easily, but it works for me, and it's handy when you just can't think of what to bring! :D

Well I have mostly been taking pasta with the extra low fat cheese triangles by laughing cow and heating in a microwave at work. :)

Or bake a potato the night before take in tuna and sweetcorn To go on top. Or maybe a home made sweet potato soup x x

PaulaPetal said:
What I tend to do, is make dinner, and make extra to bring to work for lunch! I know it's not for everyone if you get bored easily, but it works for me, and it's handy when you just can't think of what to bring! :D

Thanks Paula, great idea!

KylaM88 said:
Well I have mostly been taking pasta with the extra low fat cheese triangles by laughing cow and heating in a microwave at work. :)

Or bake a potato the night before take in tuna and sweetcorn To go on top. Or maybe a home made sweet potato soup x x

Thanks Kyla, sounds really nice but I work on a wee boat so am restricted for reheating anything... I think unless it fits in my wee food flask I am pretty much snookered! Wicca is a shame because now you have made me feel like having a baked potato! AND sweet potato soup!!

When adding the water to couscous add a few chopped fresh mushrooms. The couscous takes on the mushroom flavour and it is SYN free.

maybe invest in awide neck flask and you can fit a jacket spud into it thats what i do and take my topping seperate, i also take in it chilli and rice and lots of different things

Thanks chances and metrognome. I am still trying to get used to cus cus (I now have it every morning for breakfast which is great, but haven't tried it in any other meal yet. Will try that. And a baked potato sounds so good... I think I MIT look into 'upgrading' my flask! Thanks for the suggestions

Tinned fish is a nice easy lunch - tuna, sardines or mackerel nice with rice or noodles.

Asda smart price tinned chilli con carne is cheap and around 2 syns should fit in a flask.

Baked beans are good

My personal favourite are mugshots dried pasta/noodle soups most are syn free - the Thai noodle and the sweet and sour pasta ones are great.

I like your rice suggestion I might try that today as I have mushrooms and peppers that need eating :)

Back